"Wall Men" boss in a big room

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Shmanky
Just Passing Through

"Wall Men" boss in a big room

Post by Shmanky »

Late in the game, there's a "boss" that involves those "wall men" in a big room with a chandelier. Now, the first time I encountered this room it seemed out of place to me with the story line. Even after finishing the game 10 times I don't see the role of this boss in the story line. What is the meaning?

To be clear, this is a boss found at the end of
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Building World 2
[i]On Shmanky Hill[/i]
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Since The Room was more of an action-based game, the boss(es?) doesn't(don't?)really have as deep of a connexion with the plot or characters as the previous games.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
FBA 6100
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by FBA 6100 »

You have to kill the right one to go on. Could have to do with the right path for Henry?
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/sven14/Sigs/26ac0108.gif[/img]
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

I agree with Krissy. I wondered that myself. Counted the
number of them(I think that it is 14), tried tying in their
time placement, and asked myself what could these things
possibly have to do with the story line. In the end I concluded
they are just there for boss quality.
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
fafner87
Gravedigger

Post by fafner87 »

To be completely fair it was kind of a cool area whether or not it had some deeper significance.
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/fafner87/SilentHillsigbyAric.jpg[/img]
Giovanni19
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Giovanni19 »

The orange devil wrote:You have to kill the right one to go on. Could have to do with the right path for Henry?
That's what I think.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Some certain overzealous fans claim they are another form of Valtiel...

Since the bosses and enemies in SH4 are a part of an insane man's mind, I'd see less room for metaphor and more room for unstability...so they don't have to relate to anything.
Littlestardweller

Post by Littlestardweller »

I always viewed them as an element under that theme of being watched.

And then enlargened and in brighter colours.

I seem to have forgotten the SH series in its entirety though....
Edit: You know what, I have.
Last edited by Littlestardweller on 05 Jan 2006, edited 1 time in total.
...that all my life I've been rushing up and down hills, leaping rivers, crashing over obstacles,
never dreaming that one day that beautiful thing in flight would land on this earth and into my arms
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

Since Walter views his mother as the room, maybe the Wall Men
are a twisted version of Walter's concept of what a living room(literally)
would look like. I don't know.
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
SAQOA
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by SAQOA »

FrozenHalo wrote:Some certain overzealous fans claim they are another form of Valtiel...

Since the bosses and enemies in SH4 are a part of an insane man's mind, I'd see less room for metaphor and more room for unstability...so they don't have to relate to anything.
If you cant see the connection of Wallman being an abstract from of Valtiel, thats not my problem, after all: Valtiel was sneaked into Walters mind, and you IN Walter's realm.

Why do you think i dident post on this topic before now? Yup, because i dont want to make a stupid mess again. But with pricks like you, it's kinda hard.
Time is a skill, thats why you have to make the best moments last. Allow me to start by kicking you in the throat while masterbating to the sound of your own extinction.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

The only thing that reminds me of Valtiel is the fact that there's flesh pulled over their faces. Even that seems a bit of a stretch, because that design isn't exactly new to the Silent Hill universe. You can think the Wallmen are symbols Valtiel if you want, and I really don't mean to offend you but it's almost a joke now--most of the ideas you've proposed have, in some way, a connection to that guy and I personally think it's a little too much.. Some things simply have no deeper meaning.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It's not that they don't have meaning, but that they don't have that meaning.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

So.. what is it, if anything?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

...And besides, Walter isn't of the Valtiel sect. So why would the image of Valtiel be there?
shidoni
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by shidoni »

Littlestardweller wrote:I always viewed them as an element under that theme of being watched.
Mmmn, like pictures on walls.
And that's what ties them together.
I really don't know. The first time I saw them was in a screen shot, and I thought it was a sink, 'cause of the hole in the middle.
[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/neocammy/j_si1.jpg[/url]
adamgnome
Just Passing Through

Post by adamgnome »

SAQOA wrote:
FrozenHalo wrote:Some certain overzealous fans claim they are another form of Valtiel...

If you cant see the connection of Wallman being an abstract from of Valtiel, thats not my problem, after all: Valtiel was sneaked into Walters mind, and you IN Walter's realm.

Why do you think i dident post on this topic before now? Yup, because i dont want to make a stupid mess again. But with pricks like you, it's kinda hard.
If you can't accept that people are going to disagree with you no matter what opinion you have about anything, and then are immature enough to go to personal insults then... I don't really pay attention to anything you say after that. :?

I agree with one of the first people who posted, since they wanted SH4 to be a more action game, they just added more bosses, that have no real meaning, other than to be a boss. And if they do have a meaning, it would be too unclear and possible to interpret it into anything ot make sense of it.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

what i find difficult is SH4 has nothing to do with the other SH's , i do remember in SH2 outside of the apartment building at the garbage shoot was an article that talks about walter sullivan,but is that enough to give him his own storyline. i mean dont get me wrong walter sullivan is in my friend list but i didnt understand that.

maybe im missing somthing, like i said my memory really suck's. :|
perhaps one of you can give me a history lesson.
Red Pyramid
Just Passing Through

Post by Red Pyramid »

It ties in through the cult and that the game itself takes place in at least a dreamed version of parts of Silent Hill, and Walter was mentioned in the game SH2 (I also think one of the gravestones in the graveyard where James jumps into the Abyss has Walter's name on it). But the series isn't about a person, or even the cult. It's about the town.
I'm just a drifter working for a fistful of SH Cash.
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

The people who say this has no meaning are all wrong. Hate to be an ass here, but since you guys are being one as well, I think it's only fair to return the deal. The point of this boss fight is to find the one true wallman. The others are just shadows of the true one.

In any case, if I have to spell this out for you, the Walter Sullivan that constantly stalks and tries to kill Henry during the course of the game are all just that: shadows. Killing these shadows have no effect just like hitting the shadow wallmen won't really do much of anything. There's only one true Walter and that's whom you have to defeat. This wallman boss fight is a representation of that.

So, please. It's fine if you don't understand something, but don't go around accusing other people of stupidity and belittling them. I apologize to those who didn't mean to accuse anybody, but this sort of thing needs to stop.

Thanks.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Burning Man wrote:The people who say this has no meaning are all wrong. Hate to be an ass here, but since you guys are being one as well, I think it's only fair to return the deal. The point of this boss fight is to find the one true wallman. The others are just shadows of the true one.

In any case, if I have to spell this out for you, the Walter Sullivan that constantly stalks and tries to kill Henry during the course of the game are all just that: shadows. Killing these shadows have no effect just like hitting the shadow wallmen won't really do much of anything. There's only one true Walter and that's whom you have to defeat. This wallman boss fight is a representation of that.

So, please. It's fine if you don't understand something, but don't go around accusing other people of stupidity and belittling them. I apologize to those who didn't mean to accuse anybody, but this sort of thing needs to stop.

Thanks.

i understand what youre saying.