Things that annoy you the most?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Things that annoy you the most?

Post by Butcher Incarnate »

Aherd wrote:Whoa! You got all the coolest hauntings in one go!!
Even more annoyed!LOL
Lol,I went into the hole as much as I could, try going in there frequently , or after you complete a task like after see a main ghost for the first time(cynthia, jasper ect) the hauntings are random I think taking Walters doll increases the number of the hauntings in the room if you put it in the box but I never got it , it gave me a bad feeling the first time I played the game.
When Death Comes, It Comes For All.
Loud-Mountain
Just Passing Through

Re:

Post by Loud-Mountain »

crucifix wrote:the inventory system, lack of interesting characters or storyline... oh, and having to go through every level over again with the added fun of more ghosts and a babysitting job of annoyingly brainless AI known as eileen.

This and having to go back to the room every time u wanna save. The room getting haunted was still one of my fav moments from 1-4 though :)
supperhater
Just Passing Through

Re: Things that annoy you the most?

Post by supperhater »

I love SH4 despite all of the little issues with it, but these are the things I hate most:

- 2D controls and camera. I really think having the same control scheme as 1/2/3 along with controlling the camera in the same way (it still does center behind with L2 but not in the same way as the originals, where you could hold L2 and it would follow you) would have went along way to making it more enjoyable to play, as well as just feeling more like the other games in the series to that point.
- Some of the sound design, like the notoriously inappropriate sounds of some of the monsters. That scream at the start of the game takes away from what is otherwise a genuinely disturbing and nightmarish introduction. Alot of the sound design was absolutely amazing at the same time though, so it was just very hit and miss.
- Walter seems like a cliched madman kinda character instead of the genuinely disturbed person he should be represented as. I found him more comical than scary during gameplay despite the amazing backstory.
- No radio/flashlight. I understand they weren't necessary to the story and may have been seen as series tropes or whatever but it would have really helped with the atmosphere of the game, and making it feel more like Silent Hill. Flashlight moreso than radio as the noise when the ghosts were around had the same sort of effect. It's already been said here but having the need for a flashlight in worlds like the Water Prison would have made it infinitely scarier and I can't imagine how cool some of the levels would look if it was alot darker and you had a SH2/3 style flashlight and camera/controls. Some of the monsters design shortcomings would have been alleviated alot by having the darkness obscure them somewhat too, seeing them in different lights and from different angles was always fun/scary in the first 3 games.
- Repetitive and hard to persist through at times, I usually find it hard to keep going aroudn the Forest World 2nd time, if not then the Water Prison 2nd time, where I'm usually one hit away from death after using all my health shit in the previous world. I didn't mind the repeating of worlds as much as many did but it definitely could have been done better.

Probably looks like a long list of complaints but a list of stuff I loved about the game would be ten times longer! :mrgreen: