Things that annoy you the most?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Julius
Just Passing Through

Re: Things that annoy you the most?

Post by Julius »

I'm replaying the game right now, and I have to say that, although backtracking isn't new in the Silent Hill universe, there's something about the designs of some areas that make it really boring and uninspiring. But what sort of makes up for it are the weird little things that start happening inside of Henry's room seemingly out of nowhere.
maelinimarie
Just Passing Through

Post by maelinimarie »

You know what annoyed me most? The ghosts and the fact that when I got the key in the forest,I didn't realize that I was going through the same room over and over again until after about 10 tries.lol
"Don't worry, I'm not crazy... at least, I don't think so."
Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Post by Harrys_Girl »

It happens to the best of us. :oops:

I think went running through that room a dozen times trying to escape in blind panic from GhostJoesph, before I finally realized I couldn't possibly be THAT far from the center room. That AND the fact that I kept running in to the same goddamn lightpost.
Grim1313
Just Passing Through

Post by Grim1313 »

The ghosts are soo annoying. They easily annoyed me the most out of anything.
Death is sweet.
Miette
Just Passing Through

Post by Miette »

When your apartment stops healing you. Growl.
If the children don't grow up, our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.
ss4gogeta0
Just Passing Through

Post by ss4gogeta0 »

i second that... also some of the hauntings could have been better made... (splinters for one....\)

also i am using the "always watching you" haunting as my phones on/off tone... it attracts alot of attention
"Must one Born from Adam, Return to Adam?" - Kaowru Nagisa
"Come Adam's Dark Shadow, Searvent of the Lillim"- Kaowru Nagisa
BlackRose
Just Passing Through

Post by BlackRose »

As most have said, the ghosts got real old real quick. Walter chasing me with that gun(?) really got on my nerves, especially when at the water tower/prison, can't remember what it's called since it's been about 2 years since i've played it.

Also, dragging Eileen around everywhere got to be pretty annoying. :evil:
When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."
Stephen King
AmeraZooike
Just Passing Through

Post by AmeraZooike »

Eileen's slow as all hell walk. (Then again, she's a lot more useful than Maria. And her beating the crap out of a grown man with a handbag is one of the funniest things I've seen in the game.)
Ghosts. Richard's and Andrew's ghosts were horrible.. And Walter trying to kill you through the forest world. With ghosts around. A double whammy I'm not too keen on. D<
FRIGGIN' LOCKS, HOW DO THEY WORK?
Please visit;
DeviantArt: http://amerazooike.deviantart.com/ For my art and fanfiction.
Silent Hill Kink Meme: http://cheesecakery.livejournal.com/626.html?page=1 This Kink Meme needs a lot more attention. <3
CerealKiller
Just Passing Through

Post by CerealKiller »

Hummers, they aren't even scary and are just there to annoy the crap out of you.
warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by warfare315 »

Well, a few of these loading screens have taken literally over half an hour to load, but eventually they work. The one I'm stuck on now isn't promising though. I just got this copy, didn't happen with the one I sold. Anyone else experience this??? My Ps2's old and a bit crappy, but every other game I have works just fine. And there's not one scratch on the disc....grrr
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial
Pleasant Sinner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Pleasant Sinner »

You know what? I'm just gonna throw it out there...the second half of the game before the final Apartment level (where shit hits the fan!) because that's where I kept thinkin' to myself "they could have changed these levels up a bit" seeing that Walter was nearing completing the 21 sacraments. Had the levels been more twisted the second time around, it would have created some deep fear for me rather than remembering that I'm doing the same level with my injured neighbor!

As for the others: 1) the controls 2) the Hummers 3) Eileen 4) those damn wall creatures in the subway level 5) the lack of bullet adjust 6) etc...(just miniscule things)
Redklok
Just Passing Through

Post by Redklok »

The thing that annoys me the most is the limited inventory space. It's goddamn annoying to figure out what to take with you and what to leave behind in a box. Those darn ghosts are not so scary but they are annoying if you're just figuring out where to go and in the apartment level its a lot of useless backtracking.

Also what annoyed me as hell was that in the apartment level you can pick up a phone and it wont stop ringing until you've answered it 30 rooms later or something.

All in all my annoyances to this game are all on the subject of gameplay. The story is unnerving and original, I like the fact that your isolated in your room and I think the characters are interesting. Maybe they could make it a little more creepier if you had no light and would work with a flashlight, but thats ok. Despite the fact that you can see that it was not supposed to be a Silent Hill game, the story of the Silent Hill Wish House fits in. You don't feel so alone however, due to the fact that perhaps you see people when you look out the window.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

Despite being a bit annoying, the ringing phone in the apartment as well as just the litttle side love triangle in general was one of the most interesting things in the whole game for me. That's not saying much, but still, I liked it.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Redklok wrote:The thing that annoys me the most is the limited inventory space.
I'm lucky that my introduction to survival-horror was Resident Evil which has always had a limited inventory so that never bothered me.
xyinparadise
Just Passing Through

Post by xyinparadise »

My friend finally let me play it and I think it will be those annoying wall monsters (she didn't want to do them again -_- )
I'll edit this post when I've finally finished playing it. ( I'll have to buy it first though ^^; )
HA BISKY!!!
Huh? Radio?
Just Passing Through

Post by Huh? Radio? »

warfare315 wrote:Well, a few of these loading screens have taken literally over half an hour to load, but eventually they work. The one I'm stuck on now isn't promising though. I just got this copy, didn't happen with the one I sold. Anyone else experience this??? My Ps2's old and a bit crappy, but every other game I have works just fine. And there's not one scratch on the disc....grrr

Wow glad I have the PC version then, everything loads pretty much instantly.

Everything that annoyed me is the same as what everyone else has said, most of it comes down to laziness:
-Going through the same worlds twice.
-Ghost animations, (or lack of) it literally looks like somebody with a mouse was dragging the models around the scenery.
-Ghosts in general.
-Some silly enemies (Burping patients? Mutant monkeys?), annoyed me because they ruined the atmosphere.
-Walter stalking you.
-Hauntings.
-Loss of room healing in last half of game for no apparent reason.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

The loss of room healing didn't bother me. The first half of the game was incredibly easy, probably because 4 was so different from the first three and Konami wanted to get people used to it, and you stockpile quite a few health items for the second half.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
Homie
Just Passing Through

Post by Homie »

the story and setting really are great, but the gameplay was somehow shocking and the design strange. it was like a more new team made this. the ghosts for example just were annoying, not frightening but annoying... otherwise it would have been a unique SH game.
!!! "Tribute to SILENT HILL" !!! Fansoundtrack OUT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAqUCimHF1c
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Homie wrote:otherwise it would have been a unique SH game.
It still was a unique Silent Hill game because it was different than the others.
Huh? Radio?
Just Passing Through

Post by Huh? Radio? »

Doctor Eggnog wrote:The loss of room healing didn't bother me. The first half of the game was incredibly easy, probably because 4 was so different from the first three and Konami wanted to get people used to it, and you stockpile quite a few health items for the second half.
It wasn't that is stopped healing that annoyed me, it's more that it came out of nowhere and for no reason. I didn't anticipate it and therefore didn't stockpile as well as I could have.