Scariest World

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

extreme-nero
Hope House Careworker

Scariest World

Post by extreme-nero »

i searched and could not find a topic on this,so....what world from SH4 scared you the most?
mine was the apartment world part 2,due to it being all bloody and the atmosphere was really creepy! so which scared YOU the most :P
eddie dombrowski
Just Passing Through

Post by eddie dombrowski »

Hmm let's see.. The forest world 2nd trip was pretty creepy with Walter ambushing you frequently. I hated seeing those victims 7+8 in the foggy forest world, they would creep up on you.. :P
"It's enough cat food for an army of cats"

Henry Townshend - Silent Hill 4: The Room.
Radical Dreamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Radical Dreamer »

Sometimes coming back to the apartment was spooky. Not because of the hauntings, but just with how still and quiet it is.
ZeroVolumeHill

Post by ZeroVolumeHill »

Apartment World second time.Those "wobly" and eery noises and the weird feminine voice mixed with the background sounds is awsome.Plus the moving,"bubbly" walls and the shaky,hanged men in bandages(the ones behind the bars) made it really disturbing,sick and spooky aswell.

I agree with The Walkin Dude about Henry's apartment.After all the noise in the worlds,coming back there,with all the quietness...youre beggining to think something is going to go terribly wrong.The hauntings can be quite spooky too(the kids shadow in the closet,the babies on the wall...).
LanceS133
Historical Society Historian

Post by LanceS133 »

I honestly don't know. None of the "worlds" were that scary at all because they weren't really dark like previous games. The only thing that made them "scary" were the ghosts....and they weren't even scary themselves lol The scary part was how much health they were gonna take. But if I'd have to pick worlds, I'd have to say the world with the sports shop, pet shop and birthday cake room and the subway world because of Maria's ghost and the others constantly following.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Pyramid Hunter
Just Passing Through

Post by Pyramid Hunter »

id have to say the appartmentworld, and the hospital world were the ones that crepped me out teh most.
Ya' know, if you keep looking at Pyramid Head, you're destined to see red.

JUST FUCKING RUN!!!!!
Rave_the_tainted
Just Passing Through

Post by Rave_the_tainted »

Hospital World. The first time I played the game and went into the "ceiling" and "Eileen" room, I had chills thinking of what else there would be... *shivers* :)
All alone, cold fields you wander
Memories of it cloud your sight
Fills your dreams, disturbs your slumber
Lost your way -- a fallen knight
-Otherworld

[url=http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/features/silenthill/]Silent Hill Showdown[/url] at fullyramblomatic.com
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

l'd have to say that l liked the subway the best. mostly just cause of the ghosts. on that note, has anyone else had the pleasure of seeing a ghost go into a wall? l'd say that's creepier than them comin out.
ZeroVolumeHill

Post by ZeroVolumeHill »

LanceS133 wrote:I honestly don't know. None of the "worlds" were that scary at all because they weren't really dark like previous games. The only thing that made them "scary" were the ghosts....and they weren't even scary themselves lol The scary part was how much health they were gonna take. But if I'd have to pick worlds, I'd have to say the world with the sports shop, pet shop and birthday cake room and the subway world because of Maria's ghost and the others constantly following.
You just have to let your imagination "fly around"...and stuff.Im bad with explaining things(or its just my crappy English :P ). xD

Forget about the flashlight and the gameplay,let the visuals and the sound be the dominators here.Sure its not as scary as SH1,2 and 3,but if you dont compare them,youd see how sick and twisted this game actually is,and THAT is quite creepy.

And yes,ghosts being able to go through walls is pretty sick. :P
SodsBlade
Just Passing Through

Post by SodsBlade »

I didn't really find any of the worlds scary, though I found Forest World the second time around horrible with Walter popping up so often. The scariest thing in my opinion was the 'Victim 21' haunting.
Common sense isn't very common.
Dee
Just Passing Through

Post by Dee »

I agree with some of the others. Henry's apartment was really disturbing. Maybe because of the strange, unexpected visitors that he kept getting, and the weird conversations that they had in front of his door ("the umbilical cord on my bookshelf" wtf?!). Just because he's locked inside doesn't mean that he can't hear you :roll:. That, and the fact that you can usually leave your apartment if the door is locked from the inside.
"...the real world..." - Henry
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

nothing was nearly as creepy as the first few games, though some of the worlds had individual areas that freaked me out. the subway maze while being chased by ghosts was an annoying/scary welcome, and the "water prison" startled me pretty often with twin victims popping up everywhere. i was also nervous going into the pet store of the building world. nothing really stood out in the forest, the hospital was boring, and the outside of the apartments lost its atmosphere kind of quick.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
RedPyramidThing
Just Passing Through

Post by RedPyramidThing »

I'd say it was a toss-up between the subway and the water prison. I loved the opening subway level, with the claustrophobic train cars and the living, ghostly "maze" that you had to run through in the basement... great opening level imo. The water prison was spooky because of the twins and darker atmosphere... damn twins.

Over all, I'd say that, while the idea of murdered little orphens in the middle of nowhere is creepy, the forest was the least frightening-- all of the fear factor came from Walter, who was more annoying than scary.
Some fear death. Others pray for it.
DarKerry
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by DarKerry »

The scariest level was probably the "Doom Room/Stairway" but mostly because it reminded me of the real Silent Hil... Other than that, I'd say the Water Prison.

"I heard they serve meat from the dead bodies behind the kitchen." o.o ... I'm not hungry anymore...

But I'm one of those people with a really active imagination so when I read something like that I automatically get visuals... ^^()
Animals are at their most fearsome when they are cornered and afraid...
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

DarKerry wrote:The scariest level was probably the "Doom Room/Stairway" but mostly because it reminded me of the real Silent Hil... Other than that, I'd say the Water Prison.

"I heard they serve meat from the dead bodies behind the kitchen." o.o ... I'm not hungry anymore...

But I'm one of those people with a really active imagination so when I read something like that I automatically get visuals... ^^()
x2 The stairway was pretty damn freaky, with the bodies hanging around it with twitching dancing babies. It's also the one of the VERY few darkest places in the game, which is why I'm not too fond of SH4. I also agree with ya on the visualization...kinda makes ya not wanna eat Sloppy Joe's/Manwichs for awhile :lol:
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Heather_Mason
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Heather_Mason »

Hm, well I agree with a previous post, none of the worlds were as dark as the other Silent Hill games so it's really hard to say. I guess if I had to choose I'd say the Apartment world second time. It had a certain weirdness to it that got to me.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/fass007/h_sig.jpg[/img]
Mister_Creazil
Gravedigger

Post by Mister_Creazil »

No world particularly frightened me, as there was a presence in each world that gave me an eerie feeling.

But I'm not sure which world it was, I think it was the Apartment World the second time round, where there's three wheelchairs wandering around and there's quite a few rooms to go into. And there's that one room with Eileen's head with her eyes following you, that part must have been the most scariest part of the game for me.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

The water prison, the shadow walking around in the middle bit freaked me out
Saourealis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Saourealis »

I can't really think of one -level- being more scary than the others, unless you consider what was in them. I still can't get over victims 7&8 when they pop out to eat me, and running into Walter ALWAYS sucks a big one, no matter what level you're on. Always.

Uh. Hospital world was a little weird. Apartment world always annoys me and freaks me out the most because of the narrow space you have to run away from the ghosts..
[quote="JuriDawn"]See, that's what Silent Hill's been missing: scantily clad bitches. Silent Hill 5 will feature an all-female cast of hyper-sexualized lifeguards and camp counselors stranded at Toluca lake. One of the puzzles will require that the player swap the characters' bathing suits, and you will be able to pursue a lesbian love story side-plot on Next Fear.[/quote]
monmashq
Just Passing Through

Post by monmashq »

I think The Apartment World 2 and The Hospital. O.O
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/monmashq/shhforumssig.jpg[/img]

It begins with a breath a kid killing his pets to Just sitting in debt when I’m feeling a wreck