WARNING! If you're thinking of using a Codebreaker...

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

punked
Gravedigger

Post by punked »

Glazarus wrote:I don't give a shit... can't really understand people who cheats on first runs.
I cheat only for fun and do it after I finished a game... but it's only fun in games like Hl2 and Doom 3 etc. (spawning the final boss in the beginning :-D )

Ok if you cheat on other run throughs, but for the first times... nah, you lost a respect point :P
OHHHHH You’re so morally superior, we should all give you a medal, and a holiday. Christ people, if the guy wants to cheat his first time through more power to him, I don’t care I don’t see why you should.
pink_isnt_well000
Historical Society Historian

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

Opinions are like assholes, friends. :P
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

punked wrote:
Glazarus wrote:I don't give a shit... can't really understand people who cheats on first runs.
I cheat only for fun and do it after I finished a game... but it's only fun in games like Hl2 and Doom 3 etc. (spawning the final boss in the beginning :-D )

Ok if you cheat on other run throughs, but for the first times... nah, you lost a respect point :P
OHHHHH You’re so morally superior, we should all give you a medal, and a holiday. Christ people, if the guy wants to cheat his first time through more power to him, I don’t care I don’t see why you should.
Morality? That has nothing to do with morality, it's just lame gamers who cheat on first run.
And those gamers shouldn't be called gamers, because they don't really play the game.
It's like cheating in a cardgame... only sad people cheat... I really don't understand cheating if it isn't about playing around with the game, after you already did all the challanges. Cheaters are not respected... and I play CS:S, where there are alot of cheaters... It's the cheaters who lack moral...
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
War Machine
Just Passing Through

Post by War Machine »

Oh, come on, like you've never been tempted to cheat on any game the first time through. But forget that, bottom line is, it's not your game, let them do whatever they want.
[i]"I may disagree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death."[/i] - Stephen Colbert
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

"like you've never been tempted to cheat on any game the first time through"

Actually, no, I haven't. I use cheat as a fun thing to play around with... like stated in the first post. I never use it on the first run, because I freakin payed for the game. It's like fastforward a movie you bought...
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
punked
Gravedigger

Post by punked »

Glazarus wrote:
Morality? That has nothing to do with morality......It's the cheaters who lack moral...
Your right you don’t think you morally superior or at least you don’t for the first half of your post, then you slip up in the second half. This is my point you clearly think your scruples are on a higher standard than this person because they cheat, but you don’t want to sound stupid because it’s a game and who cares accept you? SO in the end no one should lose your respect over cheating on a game where his only competitor is the gamer them selves.
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

punked wrote:
Glazarus wrote:
Morality? That has nothing to do with morality......It's the cheaters who lack moral...
Your right you don’t think you morally superior or at least you don’t for the first half of your post, then you slip up in the second half. This is my point you clearly think your scruples are on a higher standard than this person because they cheat, but you don’t want to sound stupid because it’s a game and who cares accept you? SO in the end no one should lose your respect over cheating on a game where his only competitor is the gamer them selves.
You make some very good points. :)
War Machine
Just Passing Through

Post by War Machine »

Glazarus wrote:"like you've never been tempted to cheat on any game the first time through"

Actually, no, I haven't. I use cheat as a fun thing to play around with... like stated in the first post. I never use it on the first run, because I freakin payed for the game. It's like fastforward a movie you bought...
Now you're not paying attention, I said "tempted to cheat", meaning that you've considered cheating (even if you don't actually do it).

I'm like you, I don't like cheating until I've finished the game at least once, but saying that you've never cheated once in your life is a complete lie, there's no way that could be true. But, then again, it doesn't matter whether I believe you or not.

You compared cheating in a game as a movie you bought and fastforwarded to the end, but you're oversimplifying it. The big difference is that in a game you have to play through everything to see the cutscenes and story, hence easier modes exist, because not everyone is willing to sacrifice that much effort to enjoy the game. If you ask me, selecting an easier mode of gameplay is cheating.

You asked why people cheat, well the main reason is that not everyone has enough time or will to play through a game, especially those that require lots of repeated attemps because of the high difficulty. I always advice friends to play through without cheating on certain games, but don't you think it's rude and idiotic to cast-off someone for just that?
[i]"I may disagree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death."[/i] - Stephen Colbert
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

thank you for the warning
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Why are you guys arguing to eachother about the exact same thing your doing to eachother?

Kiss and make up..

Please dont make me have to hand out the Warm Fuzzies...

And to argue of all things...this? Come on now....how about'dem Gas prices! :evil:

Man, this is getting off topic! Im sure my post will help this :lol: