Silent Hill 4 movie

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Re: Silent Hill 4 movie

Post by VenusDoom »

PromiseMe wrote:
VenusDoom wrote:No problemo, ^-^ Hmmm, chins a bit off but I thinhk he could pull it off, (none of the SH main chars ever have long chins...)
Huh, really? Jeez I never noticed before, but now that you've called it to my attention, none of them do. Weird, why is that do you suppose?
I'm not sure. Could just be the art designers' styles.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
silenthillking
Just Passing Through

Post by silenthillking »

It would be good but think it would be taken from the hands of diehard fans
and put through a money making machine and have added stuff that should
not be there like SPOILER silent hill revelation is about sh3 but has pyramid head in it.
The SH Champion
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The SH Champion »

They kind of ruined Silent Hill 1 when they made a movie for it. If they make a movie for Silent Hill 4, it better be spectacular!
"The Fear of Blood tends to create fear for the flesh."
-Silent Hill
Girl Interrupted
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re:

Post by Girl Interrupted »

Heh I'm beginning to agree with phantomess' post on a Silent Hill 4 movie.
phantomess wrote:Eh, I'm not so sure it would work out great. I'll bet the outcome would be interesting, but... I think it would also turn out rather corny in movie form. I'm also wondering how exactly the bigger story would be approached (if it was even approached) and how many people would get it.

But, I don't mean to sound like an ass. It's something I'd be interested to see.
Because it has such a strong story but repetitive game play, you would think that it has a chance of being a decent film. But there is a lot of story to feature in a roughly two hour long psychological horror film. A lot would probably be cut from the back story which is also what makes the game's story stick with you.

One of the best things that could come out of a movie based off of SH4, though, is the imagery; I think it would be damn awesome seeing that water prison brought to life.
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

One way to adapt SH 4 would be to prune the visits to the worlds, and combine the repeat visits with the first time through. They could create a wholly new area for Henry and Eileen to explore before meeting with Joseph's ghosty ceiling fetish. Stick most of the backstory from the supp materials in that monologue, because cutting the endless "kill him" bit would leave a bit of time to do so.
jeremyjh
Just Passing Through

Post by jeremyjh »

I did not really like the game I quit after Walter came out of the trees like a Manic on the second time around the tree level (=.=') but if some thing were tweaked in the events that actually happen sure I would love to see a movie of SH4.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jeremyjh13? ... BjX2Y0gNrc- Survival Horror Game Library
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

I think SH4 could make a VERY good movie, but naturally it'd have to be done properly. Honestly, what couldn't be good when done properly...

What would make it cool are the mindfuck twists. They'd be something no one's really seen before. Plus, the characters could be interesting enough, to be sacrificed, but they don't require an incredible amount of depth.

Also, having Henry go through each of the worlds and discovering what they mean to Walter. As you're progressing through the movie, the audience would be intrigued to understand why the subway matters to Walter, why the forest etc.

One way I think they could get away with not having Henry go through the worlds twice (ugh!), would be to just have Henry have to fend off the ghosts the first and hopefully only time he has to go through them.

It'd maintain the sense of isolation Silent Hill is generally known for. For the main ghosts, there could be flashbacks of memories or some sort that Henry would get so he could 'understand' why they were sacrificed, since he's the receiver of wisdom.

All these things could keep the movie intense and interesting without overdoing it like the game itself did.

Who knows though, mostly just random babblings about a movie that probably won't be made and if it is, in like 10 years.
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

I agree; SH4 could be a very good movie, or even a book; it would work either way. Now to raise the funds to make this shit happen. :D
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

http://www.last.fm/user/Severeth
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

^I'll just do what I always do: Hijack some nuclear weapons and hold the world hostage! Mwahahahahahaha- ahem, my evil side is showing. :D