The best Silent Hill ever!!! (my opinion)

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Della302Ashfield
Just Passing Through

The best Silent Hill ever!!! (my opinion)

Post by Della302Ashfield »

I loved this game so much you wouldn't believe how often I play this game. I have played Silent Hill 2-4 and I must say this is the best one to me. Maybe I am just easily satisfied. It would of been better as a different game as it is nothing like a Silent Hill series. Still either way. It doesn't matter cause I would of brought the game either way. Being stuck in a haunted apartment. wow! I loved this game. :D :D
verychillyicemilk
Hope House Careworker

Post by verychillyicemilk »

Hey! Erm... not to be annoying but you'll have to get a MUCH smaller avatar dear, otherwise you'll get pulvarised by the mods! Yeah, i also looove SH4, and think it is really underappreciated among the SH community.
https://soundcloud.com/conor_hedley
http://conor-hedley.tumblr.com/
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

The BEST Silent hill? That's a first.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
nowhere
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nowhere »

I like the room, but that isnt best silent hill to me.
I think somewhere is topic/poll what is your favourite part.....
http://p2.foorumi.info/silenthillsuomi/index.php

silent hill forum in finland
Chuckles
Hope House Careworker

Post by Chuckles »

Well I can see why you love Room 1408. Your trapped in a room. :D

BTW, you need to resize that avatar.
Are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it?

[img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2219/noname7mx.png[/img]
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

I don't see this thread going far. anywho, to each their own.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

I love the Room too, its a great game :D
Della302Ashfield
Just Passing Through

Ok. They have removed my avatar. I didn't know it wasn't allowed... I wasn't on line to remove it. Sorry.
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

Am a hugr fan of SH 4 though it was not my favorite. I'd have to say that SH1 is my favorite. It was my introduction to the series in 1999 and my first love.
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
BlackFire

Post by BlackFire »

I love SH4 too, and it is also my favorite. I think it has such a deep story and is really creepy. It's also the most fun to play IMO.
the midnight rasta
Just Passing Through

Post by the midnight rasta »

i love SH4 problably the most since i dont remeber much of sh1 but this game kept me up all night with friends for so long and by myself i was up longer for some reason! even though alot of people say its horrible i think its the scarriest. the only problem i had is its the only SH i used a strategy guide to figure out what the fuck to do wich can be good i gues if you like a challenge. but ya this one is best to me and if not better than 1 then atleast better then 3
macrodeath
Just Passing Through

Post by macrodeath »

the midnight rasta wrote:i love SH4 problably the most since i dont remeber much of sh1 but this game kept me up all night with friends.
Gang bang anyone?

Ok, i think SH4 was the SH that had biggest effect on me. Maybe because i like to isolate myself from other people. I just feel more comfortable by myself. And it was the moodiest.
I always hate that people bash Henry as character, that he doesn't have any persona, But i think that it's better that way, so you feel more like it's you in the room. For me empty characters are easier to relate to, so i can imagine their backgrounds and stories.
I like every SH to date. There's always something you like or dislike, but even more there's something to capture you for days and days.
blank fairy
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by blank fairy »

I really do love SH4 and I also think that it gets too much hate. Even though it's second on my list (SH2 is first), I think the story is really good and Henry has got to be my favorite SH character ever. The guy touched a freaking electric chair while it was on! You can't get more badass than that.
Della302Ashfield
Just Passing Through

macrodeath wrote:
the midnight rasta wrote:i love SH4 problably the most since i dont remeber much of sh1 but this game kept me up all night with friends.
Gang bang anyone?

Ok, i think SH4 was the SH that had biggest effect on me. Maybe because i like to isolate myself from other people. I just feel more comfortable by myself. And it was the moodiest.
I always hate that people bash Henry as character, that he doesn't have any persona, But i think that it's better that way, so you feel more like it's you in the room. For me empty characters are easier to relate to, so i can imagine their backgrounds and stories.
I like every SH to date. There's always something you like or dislike, but even more there's something to capture you for days and days.
That's what I liked about Henry. He could be so calm. I must admit I would have been scared as hell. I liked how he tried to yell at the superintendant that there is something wrong with the room and how he wanted to get out. I also like the bit where the phone says that he is always watching Henry.
trideegurl2
Just Passing Through

Post by trideegurl2 »

Nice to finally see some Henry lovers here!
SH4 is one of my favorites, but that might be due to the fact that it was my first Silent Hill game ever, so it sticks in my mind. It has birthed a certain amount of fear in me of waking up in total isolation.

I have yet to play SH1, my PS2 dies so I have to wait AGAIN. grr
YES, I love Silent Hill 4! There I said it! :P
Xerophan
Just Passing Through

Post by Xerophan »

I completely agree that this was the best entry in the series so far. The story was utterly captivating, and it had the most disturbing elements. The other games inflicted more of a "startle in me," where The Room actually had me scared to go on. The only thing I didn't like about the game was the repetition of the worlds. While still interesting to see the changes (in fact, Cynthia's ghost in the Subway World part 2 was one of the scariest enemies in the game to me), I wish they would have done something different to invoke a better sense of the atmosphere. All in all, I think the game deserved ten thumbs up. If only I had ten thumbs! Lol. Yeah...that sounded lame. Okay I'ma shut up now.
2 Favorite Quotes:

"[color=#0000FF]I was weak. That’s why I needed you.... Needed someone to punish me for my sins.... But that’s all over now.... I know the truth.... Now it’s time to end this."[/color]--James Sunderland

[color=#BF0000]"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty....It's all the same once you're dead. And a corpse can't laugh."[/color]--Eddie
Metatron
Just Passing Through

Post by Metatron »

The idea of the room is sorely unappreciated by Silent Hill fans, but it could have been executed better by Team Silent. If the room is supposed to be a mother to Walter Sullivan, it should have displayed characteristics of a dysfunctional mother. Any food cooked should automatically burn. Dirty laundry should be is mysterious, smelly piles. Lipstick stained cigarettes should appear. maybe even (tastefully done), the sounds of different men coming in and out of the apartment and using her.

I know how looney this might sound, but it would have been awesome if they added those subtle touches, making the "motherhood" theme more flushed out.
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

I totally agree with you! I'm glad i'm not alone.
It is the best one!

Here's my reasons;
1. Henry is hot.
2. I actually liked the fact that you're not like running around the foggy town like an idiot searching for someone.
3. The plot is way more realistic than any of the other ones.
4. I loved the variation of the creatures! Especially the monkeys! :mrgreen:
5. I also really liked the fact that there's like an actual villian that isn't a god or immortal or anything like that.
6. I liked revisiting the world again.
7. I know almost everybody hated this part, but I kinda liked caring for Eileen and giving her weapons.
8. I like the hauntings in the room.

Okay, there's alot of reason. Way more than that, but my tooth hurts and I need to help plan for my 18th birthday party! YAY!!
somebody
Just Passing Through

Post by somebody »

I absolutely love SH4, and it's the best SH for me too. It has a deep and dark story you'll never find from any other horror game. It's also creepy. It's the kind that breeds fear into a place that you think keeps you safe - your home... This story is full of misery. I love it :D

As for Henry, I think he's a fine character. He may just act a little weird for many because he is a deep-minded inrovert who is usually quiet and calm, but he's alright. And I can also easily relate to him because I am also introverted as he is.
Orestes
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Orestes »

It's not my favourite, but it has a special place i my heart because so far it's the only SH game that I've actually waited for the release date for and bought it on that day. I wasn't into the series when 1-3 came out and I didn't have a PSP when Origins came out.
In Silent Hill, the party finds you