The best Silent Hill ever!!! (my opinion)

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

See I LOVE the story to Silent Hill 4, I just hate the gameplay mainly because they make you go through the worlds twice. And the new inventory system wasn't great either. If i could just watch this game for the story then i would. It deffo has one of the best storylines anyway.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

trideegurl2 wrote:Nice to finally see some Henry lovers here!
SH4 is one of my favorites, but that might be due to the fact that it was my first Silent Hill game ever, so it sticks in my mind. It has birthed a certain amount of fear in me of waking up in total isolation.

I have yet to play SH1, my PS2 dies so I have to wait AGAIN. grr

"Henry Lovers" :lol: good one... Anyway, it's true, this game will remain one of my favorites of the series.. which is ALL of them!
revalations 23:16
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

In my POV the story of SH4 is the best in the Silent Hill series, but the actual game is not the best.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

the reason silent hill 4 was so good (still worst in the series imo though) is because it had the coolest mama's boy since sephiroth.

and a really, really great story.
LucyAnneSullivan

Re: The best Silent Hill ever!!! (my opinion)

Post by LucyAnneSullivan »

Della302Ashfield wrote:I loved this game so much you wouldn't believe how often I play this game. I have played Silent Hill 2-4 and I must say this is the best one to me. Maybe I am just easily satisfied. It would of been better as a different game as it is nothing like a Silent Hill series. Still either way. It doesn't matter cause I would of brought the game either way. Being stuck in a haunted apartment. wow! I loved this game. :D :D
I love SH4!! :D I heard everyone thought it was the wrose one ever, it's boring, timelines dont match the events of the gaem, ect ect ect... BUT I THINK IT OWNS! :D Still pretty scary like the others, which is a good thing! :D I dont understand why people have a go at it so much PS : Henry is cool :3
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

I completely agree! Its so much fun and my favorite game antagonist of all is Walter Sullivan
And Henry is my favorite main Silent Hill character XD He's so funny and jaded
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

I wouldn't say its THE best, but, it has a good story/plot that made me interested.
it is not as good because of the gameplay, but everything else was great.
leftshoe18 wrote:the reason silent hill 4 was so good (still worst in the series imo though) is because it had the coolest mama's boy since sephiroth.

and a really, really great story.
haha, gotta agree on that one, dood.
Darkness
Just Passing Through

Post by Darkness »

Well, at least it's better than Silent Hill Origins.
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

Darkness wrote:Well, at least it's better than Silent Hill Origins.
I would say that Origins was original in its own way.
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Original in how much it sucked like a Hoover, yeah.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

Original in how much it sucked like a Hoover, yeah.

hehe. Wind tunnel series....

4 has great atmosphere, very engrossing. The water prison gave me a genuine feeling of dread.
revalations 23:16
minamihill
Just Passing Through

Post by minamihill »

Yeah!! SH4 is the BEST!
camma jamma
Just Passing Through

Post by camma jamma »

i enjoyed the room but to me it just did not seem like a silent hill game with the lack of some of the key elements that the other games had like the flashlight the radio and there were no puzzles in the game you had to solve
<cemter>http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc69/Eve_Sparda/Silent%20Hill/Alessa.png
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

i think this game gets a bad rap i wouldn't say its the best silent hill game(that would be 3 IMO) but its definitely underrated i mean i know it was kinda different, ok really different from the other silent hills but the atmosphere was still creepy as hell and the game managed to be pretty damn scary and thats the main thing that makes a silent hill game good is how scary it is IMO
Girl Interrupted
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Girl Interrupted »

macrodeath wrote:
the midnight rasta wrote:i love SH4 problably the most since i dont remeber much of sh1 but this game kept me up all night with friends.
Gang bang anyone?

Ok, i think SH4 was the SH that had biggest effect on me. Maybe because i like to isolate myself from other people. I just feel more comfortable by myself. And it was the moodiest.
I always hate that people bash Henry as character, that he doesn't have any persona, But i think that it's better that way, so you feel more like it's you in the room. For me empty characters are easier to relate to, so i can imagine their backgrounds and stories.
I like every SH to date. There's always something you like or dislike, but even more there's something to capture you for days and days.
Nicely put.

Tis my favorite of the series as well. Of all the games in the series The Room's story had the biggest effect on me. Truely is a sad situation.

I wouldn't say that it shouldn't be with the Silent Hill series though. You would have to be blind or dumb to think that it doesn't fit (story wise).
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

Personally I hated it, not just as a Silent Hill game but as a game itself. Though I did like some things about it - The story for one was great, the concept of being trapped in a room visiting little patches of the real world. I didn't mind that you had to do all the levels twice I mean we did that with every Silent Hill game pretty much. Soundtrack was great as always and the Twin Baby monster was one of their greatest creations.
"The Body Is Cold?"
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

AgentX7k, you say you hate but you don't give any reasons. From your post I get the impression that you like almost everything about it; story, concept, levels, gameplay, soundtrack and monsters.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

Jonipoon wrote:AgentX7k, you say you hate but you don't give any reasons. From your post I get the impression that you like almost everything about it; story, concept, levels, gameplay, soundtrack and monsters.
Well the gameplay was my biggest problem with it: The inventory system was painful, even worse than Resident Evil since you can't discard useless items and items don't overlap and then there's the one trunk/save point thing. Plus I liked the firearm/melee combination of SH1-3, this list was too uneven.

The baby-head was actually the only monster I like, the rest were boring and just annoying. The ghosts are so bad they deserve their own category. Then add all the saint medallion, candle, haunting stuff, etc.

While the story was great I really didn't care for any of the characters, Henry was pretty stale, same with the villain Walter, Eileen wasn't much better and everyone else was killed off far too quickly to care about them. Also the problem with the story was that the protagonist has no emotional involvement with any of it, Harry was looking for his daughter, James his wife and Heather her father, then the woman who murdered her father. Henry is just some poor guy who's in the wrong place at the wrong time.
"The Body Is Cold?"
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

Not the best, but its definitely up there with SH2 and 3. well, let me rephrase; Overall, it's not the best, in terms of the game as a whole (the gameplay suffered due to a few of the "innovations"), but in terms of feel, aesthetics, and disturbance factor, It's definitely the most twisted thing I've ever experienced.
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
ohler
Just Passing Through

Post by ohler »

I also love The Room! However, up until this point I have no admitted it for fear of being shot by anyone who knows anything about SH. I love the story involved in this game... possibly my favorite story. Close with 2.