An unfinished work...

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

genowyn
Just Passing Through

Post by genowyn »

True...

For some reason I guess I was thinking Rachel and the Artist were the parents, maybe because the note about finding Walter and Frank's misconception about Mike were so close together.
kittykornkid
Just Passing Through

Post by kittykornkid »

^
No. If they were what would be the point of the whole game?
Last edited by kittykornkid on 22 Oct 2008, edited 1 time in total.
genowyn
Just Passing Through

Post by genowyn »

kittykornkid wrote:^
No. If they were why what would be the point of the whole game?
?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

If the artist and Rachel were Walter's parents, then Walter would have had no troubles finding his mother.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
genowyn
Just Passing Through

Post by genowyn »

Yeah I got that.

Just saying, I guess because so much of the apartment level was spent learning about the whole Mike/Artist/Rachel deal, even though the first thing you learn about there is Walter having been left there. I guess it was more for the purpose of backstory relating to why he chose Braintree for Chaos.
Raider Man

Post by Raider Man »

I dont think that its related to Mike and Rachel!
Harrys_Girl wrote:
henrytownshend21 wrote: looking at it closly makes it look like harry and his wife holding Cheryl
I would not say that.

Each picture is about a person in an apartment in the building, which is why, when you click on the pictures, a room number is the title, followed by a short description of the person.

The big picture that remains unfinnished, is title "Self- Portrait". It was the owner of that apartment, doing a picture of himself. i don't remember who lived there, but I want to say it was the Rachel's boyfriend.
As Harrys_Girl said it has to be the people who lives in the aprtment buliding, when you see the picture of the aprtment in Henry's room he say its a U shaped so you can see what that person is doing all time, the story goes to the Artists drew all the people live in the apartment except Eileen and Henry! The two ones related to these Henry and Eileen, so there is a story about this. I am sure 100%.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

As Harrys_Girl said it has to be the people who lives in the aprtment buliding
Thats not at all what Harrys_Girl said, she said she thought it was supposed to be the painting that said "self portrait" ..and it's not, there's already a finished painting in the room that has that title. And this painting clearly shows two people and possibly a baby..
when you see the picture of the aprtment in Henry's room he say its a U shaped so you can see what that person is doing all time, the story goes to the Artists drew all the people live in the apartment except Eileen and Henry! The two ones related to these Henry and Eileen, so there is a story about this. I am sure 100%.

What the hell does that mean? that doesn't make any sense! We're talking about the unfinished painting that I have a picture of in my first post... I wanted to know what it was supposed to become when it was finished.. and the consensus seems to be that it was the sullivans, because of the baby

Next time please read the topic more carefully before you reply to it...
revalations 23:16
Kupomee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Kupomee »

Can't be Henry and Eileen in the picture because then there would be two pictures for the two apartments.
And the apartment world is based on how it was when Walter was visiting as a kid there, not the way it is now. So Henry wouldn't live there but Walters parents would at that time.

Also, this painting ties nicely with Walter not being able to see his parents faces yet trying to. Would be something that's present in his dreams.
"We are such stuff as dreams are made of, and our little life is rounded with a sleep."
kittykornkid
Just Passing Through

Post by kittykornkid »

kittykornkid wrote:
^
No. If they were why what would be the point of the whole game?

?
*Sigh.
If Rachel and the Artist were Walter's parents, what would be the point of the whole game. That's what I meant.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

I always thought the apartment with the paintings in it was one of the most well done environments of the game... hell of the series.. you really connect with walter's whole reality, and it just gave me the feeling of a truly sinister evil penitrating that building.. ahh... twisted! :twisted:
Raider Man

Post by Raider Man »

SHACKled89451 wrote:
As Harrys_Girl said it has to be the people who lives in the aprtment buliding
Thats not at all what Harrys_Girl said, she said she thought it was supposed to be the painting that said "self portrait" ..and it's not, there's already a finished painting in the room that has that title. And this painting clearly shows two people and possibly a baby..
when you see the picture of the aprtment in Henry's room he say its a U shaped so you can see what that person is doing all time, the story goes to the Artists drew all the people live in the apartment except Eileen and Henry! The two ones related to these Henry and Eileen, so there is a story about this. I am sure 100%.

What the hell does that mean? that doesn't make any sense! We're talking about the unfinished painting that I have a picture of in my first post... I wanted to know what it was supposed to become when it was finished.. and the consensus seems to be that it was the sullivans, because of the baby

Next time please read the topic more carefully before you reply to it...
Am I talking about aliens? or something? I AM talking about the unfinished painting for the god SAKE!!! And thats what I mean what it will become and I read all the topics before I post, and here is my answers, the TWO paintings (not one) but two would be:
Elieen + Henry

THE MISSING PAINTINGS ?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As you knew, Room 202 is a mini gallery of the owner. Here his found
masterpieces are about all the people living in South Ashfield Heights
apartment, EXCEPT the owners of Room 302 and 303, as we could find some
blank canvases that have nothing painted yet. Why so ?

If I'm right, as we don't count the wrapped blank canvases in the
segmented room, there are three blank canvases in the main portion of
the room that may be for the three Joseph, Henry and Eileen.

http://www.cheatcc.com/psx2/sg/silent_hill_4.txt
HERE YOU GO
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

Am I talking about aliens? or something? I AM talking about the unfinished painting for the god SAKE!!! And thats what I mean what it will become and I read all the topics before I post, and here is my answers, the TWO paintings (not one) but two would be:
Elieen + Henry

THE MISSING PAINTINGS ?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As you knew, Room 202 is a mini gallery of the owner. Here his found
masterpieces are about all the people living in South Ashfield Heights
apartment, EXCEPT the owners of Room 302 and 303, as we could find some
blank canvases that have nothing painted yet. Why so ?

If I'm right, as we don't count the wrapped blank canvases in the
segmented room, there are three blank canvases in the main portion of
the room that may be for the three Joseph, Henry and Eileen.

http://www.cheatcc.com/psx2/sg/silent_hill_4.txt
HERE YOU GO

There's no portrait of Henry because he didn't live there at the time
they were painted.. So your statement doesn't make sense...
He wouldn't paint a portrait of Henry because he hadn't even met Henry
at the time he painted those portraits....
and I don't need you posting links to a walkthrough that I could
easily find on my own

Besides that, The painting clearly shows two people who appear to be
HOLDING AN INFANT.. so no, it ISN'T Henry and Eileen, or Joseph,
or any combination of the three.
so again, I say.. GET A TRANSLATOR!
Raider Man

Post by Raider Man »

LOL!!! Acting like a baby, I feel sorry for you really.
If you are saying about, he was trying to paint walter, then how the hell he noticed him? If like a baby, how come he want to see him with no parents + Notice in allthe paintings how much they are small except the unfinished one is absolutely large, so there is something about it, I dont know, MAYBE. But if you are saying that Walter would be in that pic, the other unfinished paint, who the hell would be????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Raider Man: Stop provoking him by insults. Any more of this and I'll just remove your posts.

SHACKELED: Repeating the order to 'get a translator' is ultimately useless, so please stop.

Also, Raider, it's really not difficult for an artist to take a look at a pregnant couple and paint their baby even if the baby isn't yet born. That's what artists DO for God's sake, they create the visuals of their imagination or of their reality. It's not that far-fetched of a concept.

Just because the unfinished painting is so big doesn't mean there is any ~significance~. Maybe the artist got a bigger canvas than usual. Maybe, since this is WALTER'S WORLD, and a great emphasis is placed on the mother/family/his childhood, that painting is made to be bigger to create attention/make it the centerpiece.

>who the hell would be????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about Joseph Schreiber, if you're so hellbent on having it be someone.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
SilentKnight
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentKnight »

wow i remember seeing that painting everytime i play SH4 and i never once thought about what it could be. looks like i sould pay more attention from now on. :)
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

If Eylen is a little girl when she gives the shabby doll to young Walter is in the subway... How do you expect the artist make a painting of Eyleen when Walter was inside his mother!!?? She didn't exist in that time!!! Walter was a baby a lot of times ago, probably before the events of SH1... A pícture of Henry, Eyleen or Joseph don't have sense...

This makes me think... How old is Braintree?? He is the only person from the pictures that we actually see in the "Real trhough the peephole world"
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

This makes me think... How old is Braintree?? He is the only person from the pictures that we actually see in the "Real trhough the peephole world"
I think Richard is in his 40's.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

SilentKnight wrote:wow i remember seeing that painting everytime i play SH4 and i never once thought about what it could be. looks like i sould pay more attention from now on. :)
I think there is so much to see and interpret in this part of the game, there is really a lot of detail. I'd like to think that this unfinished painting plays a rather signifigant role in explaining the social structure of this apt. building....

maybe?
somebody
Just Passing Through

Post by somebody »

I've always wondered what that canvas would make out... It's either a portrait of the painter, or the Sullivans, or Schreiber, or Henry......

Well it's probably baby Walter and his parents as the apartment world plays rather a significant role to Walter's past
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

somebody wrote:I've always wondered what that canvas would make out... It's either a portrait of the painter, or the Sullivans, or Schreiber, or Henry......

Well it's probably baby Walter and his parents as the apartment world plays rather a significant role to Walter's past
I wonder if maybe the portrait being unfinished symbolizes that the sacrements hadn't been completed yet?