SH4... scariest game ever? (Spoilers inside)

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

pyramidhead11
Just Passing Through

Post by pyramidhead11 »

the game was scary in it own way with those twin baby monster
happy people can be so cruel
Fargo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fargo »

dominik9 wrote:SH4 was certainly most disturbing game of all SHs.I mean the other SHs focus more on the suffering and agony of the main character so you just kinda feel bad for them. But in The room Henry doesnt have any ghosts from the past -he didnt kill his wife, his father didnt commit suicide (or got killed) he didnt lost anyone and that kinda takes away the depressed mood from the game. And the story about crazy serial killer is more scary to me cuz it can actually be real. Not that rest of the game could be real, but just the part with the serial killer.
Spoiler tags, please :?
Blueneon
Just Passing Through

Post by Blueneon »

Honestly, I found it more of a pain than scary.
I mean, the enemies are definitely creepy, but in a different way than the Silent Hill monsters we're used to. I prefer the original-style monsters myself.
I'll admit, the Twin Victims were pretty creepy! But, I don't think it was really scary overall.
[img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/Blueneon1991/29bzyo9.png[/img]
Gameplay counter: SH - 0. SH2 - 2. SH3 - 4. SH4 - 3. SH5 - 5. SH0 - 0.
dominik9
Just Passing Through

Post by dominik9 »

i'm a noob here so can you please tell me how to put spoiler tags? I checked the FAQ and it looks like there is no explanation.
Fargo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fargo »

dominik9 wrote:i'm a noob here so can you please tell me how to put spoiler tags? I checked the FAQ and it looks like there is no explanation.
No worries, you simply select with your left click the text that you want to mark as a spoiler, and then you click on the button that says "Spoiler", it's to the right of URL at the top of the comment box ;)
Alessyl
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alessyl »

I was about to play the game last night, and chickened out because of the video before the menu. I'm guessing that says something about its scariness. Or me.
Are you still following me? Do I have to scream? ~Heather
Grendel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Grendel »

Blueneon wrote:Honestly, I found it more of a pain than scary.
I mean, the enemies are definitely creepy, but in a different way than the Silent Hill monsters we're used to. I prefer the original-style monsters myself.
I'll admit, the Twin Victims were pretty creepy! But, I don't think it was really scary overall.
It's not just the monsters that makes games scary ya know. Especially in SH games.
Blueneon
Just Passing Through

Post by Blueneon »

Grendel wrote:
Blueneon wrote:Honestly, I found it more of a pain than scary.
It's not just the monsters that makes games scary ya know. Especially in SH games.
Don't worry, I wasn't saying they were.
I agree that the monsters aren't what make the game, but they were my main focus on that post.
However, they are some of the only things that gave me chills in the game. I didn't find many moments where I was actually freaked out, or even a little scared.
[img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/Blueneon1991/29bzyo9.png[/img]
Gameplay counter: SH - 0. SH2 - 2. SH3 - 4. SH4 - 3. SH5 - 5. SH0 - 0.
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

it wasnt actually scary to me....
but it might be the fact that i can not be scared easily by games and movies
Grendel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Grendel »

Blueneon wrote:Don't worry, I wasn't saying they were.
I agree that the monsters aren't what make the game, but they were my main focus on that post.
However, they are some of the only things that gave me chills in the game. I didn't find many moments where I was actually freaked out, or even a little scared.
Of coarse. The game, in many perspectives, isn't really scary at all. And I do agree that the monsters were the only things that could give ya REAL chills in SH4 (Forget the psychological sh**. What truly freaks the general audience out are the monsters! lol).

But yeah, I was trying to say the monsters shouldn't be the only things to scare people.
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

>Forget the psychological sh**. What truly freaks the general audience out are the monsters! lol

haha thats true. at least for the normal gamers, who dont pay attention to these games, like we do
nero86
Just Passing Through

Post by nero86 »

Not a bit scary, only the last moments (like the last 30 minutes) got more tense like I wanted since the begginning. But it's a great game anyways :D
Playing: Megaman X3, Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne Maniacs, Phoenix Wright 3, Fatal Frame and Zelda Twilight Princess.
Oh well, someday I'll finish them all... I really have to study more Visual Basic.net and Oracle...
SiLent_eViL
Just Passing Through

Post by SiLent_eViL »

I'm new here and I'm not good in English, so be understand.
SH 4 is the scariest game of SH series for me!
The monsters, especially ghosts stalk us along the way.. That's the creepy part..
Especially when you encounter Twin Victims. I always scream at that part..
Imagine when you really meet it, what would you do?
The other series just give some disturb and scary elements..
--I'm the RAISED angel of darkness--
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

Deleted.
Last edited by Mephisto on 14 Aug 2010, edited 1 time in total.
MatchCat
Just Passing Through

Post by MatchCat »

I'd have to say, within the Silent Hill series, I consider Silent Hill 3 to be on a higher level of fear. I wouldn't say that The Room doesn't come close, because it comes very close. Maybe because 3's enviorment looked more threatening. I mean, it wasn't just the level designs but most of the sound track did a hell of a job to make me feel very uncomfortable and disturbed.

Silent Hill 4: The Room delivered though, it had it's share of unnerving moments and that last level was just...wow...
With that being said, the last level was my favorite part of the whole game. Good show.

In the end, Silent Hill is the scariest game series and that would probably make Silent Hill 3 the scariest game, in my opinion.
[img]http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/Wafflepudding/machinegunmovsma.gif[/img]
SilentRacoonX
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SilentRacoonX »

Dude, I agree with you spot on! I don't know if it's the scariest game ever, it's pretty hard to beat Fatal Frame in that aspect, but in the SH series I would have to agree completely. The haunting and the ghosts make me damn near S*** myself every time they come around. I agree with what someone else said about it not being as 'dark' as the other games but it definitely is the most realistic IMO. I disagree entirely with what someone said about it not being as freaky in the noise category. It is just as ridiculous when it comes to noises as any of the previous games. But yea this game is not one that I pick up and play too often and when I do play it I only play for short periods of time then I gotta shut the damn thing off before I kill myself...lol.
[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb319/yayoninja/skin.gif[/img]
In the Hall of Deranged Portraits I find myself...and there won't be enough left for them to bury.-SRX
NothingLikeSleep

Post by NothingLikeSleep »

Mon0xid3 wrote:Silent Hill 4, good god, definitley the most scary one, the victims monster the way it points at you, god.
I'm playing 4 and came upon the first twin victims in the Water Prison. I think I stared at it for 5 minutes before I moved. Crazy disturbing. One of my scariest silent hill experiences thus far.
Mr. CCA
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Mr. CCA »

NothingLikeSleep wrote:
Mon0xid3 wrote:Silent Hill 4, good god, definitley the most scary one, the victims monster the way it points at you, god.
I'm playing 4 and came upon the first twin victims in the Water Prison. I think I stared at it for 5 minutes before I moved. Crazy disturbing. One of my scariest silent hill experiences thus far.
Those twins scared the sh*t out of me! :oops: The "hair" victim was the worst though. I didn't play for a few days after that. :)