Hauntings disappearing by themselves...

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Blueneon
Just Passing Through

Post by Blueneon »

Krist. wrote:Um, what?

Basically just don't give Eileen a weapon. She's smart enough not to get in the way of anything when you fight it off, and if you do give her a weapon, it just makes her possessed easily. And then she'll die quicker in the final battle.
I second that "Um, what?" :P

That's exactly what I do in a way. I will sometimes give her a weapon, depends on the situation. But most of the time, she's unequipped. When equipped, she's constantly getting in the way and I always hit her with my weapon, which hurts her... right?
Plus, if she has no weapon, it helps her not get distracted and she'll actually follow you the whole way and not stop and fight every single monster!
nero86
Just Passing Through

Post by nero86 »

I agree, at first I always made her equip a weapon to help me. But there're times (specially with ghosts) that her equipped just troubles everything, and I hit her by mistake too. She's really hurted now, so the chances to get a bad ending are big eh? She even received some shots. :?
Playing: Megaman X3, Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne Maniacs, Phoenix Wright 3, Fatal Frame and Zelda Twilight Princess.
Oh well, someday I'll finish them all... I really have to study more Visual Basic.net and Oracle...
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

I would only worry when she starts talking in tongues and her entire body is covered really badly with bruises.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Dee
Just Passing Through

Post by Dee »

I've had this happen, but not while I was standing in the room and only for the minor ones that appear first (window shaking, clock). If Henry left the room for whatever reason and came back, all would be quiet...eerily quiet and popped up later on.
"...the real world..." - Henry
arwain
Just Passing Through

Post by arwain »

Info: Eileen's condition is not affected by the following actions:

- Henry bumps into Eileen
- Henry hits Eileen while there are opponents in the room

Hope it helps.
[img]http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/7125/signor4.jpg[/img] [url=http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rankdg3.jpg][img]http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1958/rankdg3.th.jpg[/img][/url]
nero86
Just Passing Through

Post by nero86 »

Oh well, she was talking like "Mommy let me in", now is like "Henry...." :)

A friend suggested me placing a holy candle near Eileen to heal her. Is it true?
Playing: Megaman X3, Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne Maniacs, Phoenix Wright 3, Fatal Frame and Zelda Twilight Princess.
Oh well, someday I'll finish them all... I really have to study more Visual Basic.net and Oracle...
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

It never worked for me so I think it's a waste of a holy candle -- like I already said in this thread, heh. Don't bother.
arwain
Just Passing Through

Post by arwain »

nero86 wrote:Oh well, she was talking like "Mommy let me in", now is like "Henry...." :)

A friend suggested me placing a holy candle near Eileen to heal her. Is it true?
If you light a Holy candel, Eileen will instantly raise her spirit, so yes, it's true.
[img]http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/7125/signor4.jpg[/img] [url=http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rankdg3.jpg][img]http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1958/rankdg3.th.jpg[/img][/url]
LisatheNurse
Just Passing Through

Post by LisatheNurse »

Funny my haunts never went away, even if i left for the next mission they were there when I returned, sometimes i stayed away to see if they'd stop for those times I didn't have Candles, but there they were. Wish my haunts went a way but seems everyone else was luckier than me.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

If you place a Holy Candle in the correct area, the huantings will go away, i.e. TV snowy, place a candle in frontof the tv, directly in front of it, then back away. Ghost coming thrugh the wall in the living room, place the candle on the ground right in front of the little cupboard below the ghost. I always equip a medaliion, then place the candle, back of and watch the haunting clear up, then replace the medallion in the box. If you have far more medallions than Holy Candles, you can simply equip a medallion and stand infront of the haunting untill either the haunting clears up or the medallion breaks, in whic case you will need to equip another medallion.

And placing a Holy Candle in front of Eileen in the center of the room on the 1st floor, helps heal her She will stay there, and refuse to leave the lit-up circle. That is whe you place a Holy Candle in front of her, then keep her there until the candle disappears, the leave and got into the super's apartment.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

arwain wrote:Info: Eileen's condition is not affected by the following actions:

- Henry bumps into Eileen
- Henry hits Eileen while there are opponents in the room

Hope it helps.
interesting, i didn't know that. i'd question it, but you apparently have a ten-star ranking in the game, so.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
arwain
Just Passing Through

Post by arwain »

I have the Piggyback official guide of Silent Hill 4 which explain everything plus several information if not all (same for the guides of Silent Hill and Silent Hill 2 both by Piggyback) come from the creators of Silent Hill. A few pages are dedicated to theories too.

So consider it as an official information :wink: .
Judgement1223

Post by Judgement1223 »

Is Eileen affected by the fact that she has an evil robbie the rabbit doll sitting in her room with blood on it's mouth. I gotta say it affected me when I first saw it. And it affected my pants :oops:
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

No, and I don't see why she would be.

... Honestly that thing wasn't that scary to me.
nero86
Just Passing Through

Post by nero86 »

That evil rabbit was so cliche to me. No reaction at all :?
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

I hate rabbits. Not Robbie, though. Oddly enough, his twisted nature is endearing to me.

Now those white, floppy-eared, fuzzy f'ing rabbits, ugh. So gross and creepy. I really, really hate rabbits.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

I think i just saw 1 or 2 hauntings get away by themselves but since i grabbed the Shabby Dool from Walter on my first playtrough i didn't had much candles to eliminate the hauntings... Btw, i used 2 medalions once and the 2 broke and the haunting was still there, so i just leaved those things in the room... Result: 21 Sacraments ending :o
SH3girl32
Gravedigger

Post by SH3girl32 »

Krist. wrote:Um, what?

Basically just don't give Eileen a weapon. She's smart enough not to get in the way of anything when you fight it off, and if you do give her a weapon, it just makes her possessed easily. And then she'll die quicker in the final battle.
Really? I let her have a weapon just in case I am having some trouble.... :lol: But yeah, I end up hitting her instead and it's very frusterating. I didn't know she would become possessed more easily if you let her fight. I actually forgot that she does that. I finally bought the game for myself a few days ago, so I am playing it for the first time. It's hard to protect her in certain situations.

On the topic.....I've only experienced a few hauntings for myself, but I don't want them to just disapear by themselves. I wanna hurry up and get rid of them so I don't have to worry about em. I don't like that some of the hauntings happen several times. Some of them are apparently really rare and some are more common. I'm glad that when the ghosts come outta your walls, that they don't actually go all the way through. heh.

Oh and the baby haunting thing.....I never got the Shabby Doll from Walter, so I won't get the haunting. I didn't know about it until it happened to my friend and I looked it up though. That is one of the more disturbing hauntings I think. That and the head that falls outside your windows....which scared the shit outta me btw. :lol:

How do you know when you have exorcised 80% though? Is it possible to get rid of all of them? Or does that mean to just exorcise them everytime that they happen until the end? I know that there are 14 hauntings that can happen, but they don't happen every single time you go back to your apartment. They are triggered if you get further in the game I guess. And like I said, some of them are rare to happen, so how can you make sure you got em all? >.<
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

When I was playing last night, the slippers in the hallway started walking around, and when I came back later, they were back by the door.