Henry's facial expression

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

No problem mate, I am glad to be of assistance. 8)
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

I think SH4 is Walter's story, told through the eyes of Henry. Similar to the book One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
[b]I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.[/b]
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

What my family and I think is that he's 'jaded.

Meaning that he's been through so much crap that nothing effects him anymore and they have lost their personality.
But the game description says that he's 'a calm young man who doesn't like to let his feelings show'
I haven't heard anything about him being possessed but he does say that he was 'drawn' to South Ashfield Heights at one point so that could be a point
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>Meaning that he's been through so much crap that nothing effects him anymore and they have lost their personality.

Or he could've had a completely normal childhood.

That's the whole point with Henry - it's supposed to be YOU, the gamer.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

When I say 'so much crap' it means in the days that he has been locked in his apartment,than thrown into an insane world of chaos and mayhem against his will ^^
It's only a suggestion
(But he does state that his childhood was not a great time for him at one point XD)
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

In times of stress I rarely show emotion in my actions and words, at least in real life. I can be absolutely dying inside and just look normal.
I interpreted Henry Townsend as that kind of guy. He keeps his feelings in check.
Plus he's probably in shock.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

i don't remember harry or james making a huge range of facial expressions, apart from the occasional "my mouth is opening in an assertion of mild shock and/or horror". maybe that's just me.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
Jimmy The Obscure
Just Passing Through

Post by Jimmy The Obscure »

Yeah. They gave a really vague background story about the guy Henry, it doesn't even feel like he's the protagonist...
I'm so tired of the Henry-hate. Basically because the hate is so wrong, Henry is a fully fleshed out character with more reactions and behaviour than people might believe.
You bet. As the developers themselves said: Henry is an INTROVERT personality type. So - he is usually calm, quiet, introspected, and doesn't talk and get along too much... There's nothing wrong with that. He's just how he's supposed to be... yet he IS very misunderstood :(

Besides, isn't that the alternate theme of this story??? About a hermit who closes himself in his own room, and later gets closed by it??? :? Seriously...
Amen
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>Besides, isn't that the alternate theme of this story??? About a hermit who closes himself in his own room, and later gets closed by it??? Seriously...

Nope. The story of The Room was generally influenced by the book "Coin Locker Babies" written by japanese author Ryu Murakami, about a baby abandoned in a coin locker.
Jimmy The Obscure
Just Passing Through

Post by Jimmy The Obscure »

Nope. The story of The Room was generally influenced by the book "Coin Locker Babies" written by japanese author Ryu Murakami, about a baby abandoned in a coin locker.
Oh I know, I read that somewhere... But just about Henry. His personality does count very much in the game's scheme, as I see it.
Amen
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Let's face it: Many of us are probably at least as introverted as this guy is. That doesn't mean most of us lack personality or are borderline sociopaths.
I think SH4 is Walter's story, told through the eyes of Henry. Similar to the book One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
Sentiments echoed. Though, Henry is undoubtedly more involved in Walter's story than Chief Bromden was in McMurphy's.
SilentCircus
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentCircus »

Cool. So Henry is just a shy dude. Don't get me wrong I don't hate Henry. He's awesome but he's really hard to understand.
He should have a huge grin on his face to get the facts straight :mrgreen: .
Yesh, I would like some pepperoni for Cynthia too.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>He should have a huge grin on his face to get the facts straight .
He does actually grin at two times in the game. It's a pretty shy grin, though.
purplefungus
Just Passing Through

Post by purplefungus »

It seems to me that he just is kind of a doopy guy to begin with and that is his usual expression, no matter how macabre his situation my be....
Note to twilight fans: Guys that sparkle in real life, arent that into girls...
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Post by Aric - The Reaper »

In my opinion Henry is still trying to understand what's going on around him, often making him believe that he's dreaming but when he starts feeling pain and watching people die, he starts to come to the facts that it is real and the only way he can handle it is if he tries hard to keep his cool.
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
Whispered-Rain
Just Passing Through

Post by Whispered-Rain »

I don't think Henry being possesed is the problem.
Granted his personality can seem a little flat at times, but I think he's just not as in your face as say, heather.
I haven't played through the entire game yet, but after thinking about what I've seen of him already I've been able to realize that he's not all that bad, even though at first he annoyed me.
I agree with Video Gamer that he seems to be someone who can keep his feeling in check. If anything it's a virtue to be able to stay that calm in the situations he's in lol.
There are times when he is a bit laughable, but he's not the only protagonist like that, for sure. I mean there were times when James made me want to slap him. Like not being able to open a damn refriderator by himself, but I got over it. :mrgreen:
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

lol, I remember that.

But when Henry has to put his hand on a dirty hole, which I'm not going to spoil, I thought of James standing behind him saying.

"Put your hand in the hole you wuss!"
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
SilentCircus
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentCircus »

I've concluded with a theory that Henry has lost all 5 of his senses. Though actually scratch that because he can definitely scream when he's in pain. I think that's the time his face only really scrunches up.
Yesh, I would like some pepperoni for Cynthia too.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

Henry's character wasn't very deep to begin with. >.> I think, if I had to label that look on his face, that happens to be there x% amount of the time, I'd say he just looks curious. Like calm/curious. "Well I wonder what is going on here." Granted, it doesn't quite fit, all things/scenarios considered, but that's the way it seems to me.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

That's true, you actually him make a different face.

Eileen: Henry? O_O! Your face!

Henry: My face? What about it?

Eilieen: you actaully made one!