What would happen if Henry didn't bother doing anything?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Web_Zombie
Just Passing Through

Post by Web_Zombie »

I imagine he would just sit there with nothing happening. Unless Walter somehow managed to have him bear witness to each murder before bumping Henry off too, then I don't think anything would have happened until he was forced into leaving.

Maybe he would have just killed Henry. I mean if Henry dies in the final boss fight before Eileen, wouldn't that mess up the 21 Sacrements anyway? So maybe Walter would have just killed him if he didn't leave the room.
I smell the smelly smell of something that smells smelly...
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

I had this weird thought once 'If I was Walter than I would have just tied Henry to a chair forced him to read all the notes and watch all the murders than killed him, that would have been so much easier!'

O.o...
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Post by Aric - The Reaper »

lol, but while some of us feel pain in dreams. I do.
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
Web_Zombie
Just Passing Through

Post by Web_Zombie »

Aric - The Reaper wrote:lol, but while some of us feel pain in dreams. I do.
So does Cynthia apprently, ha ha!
I smell the smelly smell of something that smells smelly...
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Post by Aric - The Reaper »

XD good point.
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
Sclera
Just Passing Through

Post by Sclera »

Eileen's peehole
I'm sorry but I fucking lol'd.
Rafael
Just Passing Through

Re: What would happen if Henry didn't bother doing anything?

Post by Rafael »

i think that if henry didn't enter the hole, he would spend the whole eternity inside his apartment. wow he was pretty screwed up :O
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, not eternity. Walter would kill him eventually.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Or he'd starve. Whichever happened first.
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

What would happen if Henry didn't bother doing anything?
The events of Silent Hill 4: The Room.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>Or he'd starve. Whichever happened first.
I dont think so. At various occasions in the game Henry reveals that he is not hungry, and that he finds this phenomenon exceptionally strange:

"I should be hungry, but I'm not...Is my stomach paralyzed or something...?"

"I know I should be hungry, but I don't feel a thing......"

It is obvious that Henry, since being locked up in room 302, is experiencing the possession of room 302 already from the very beginning. It's a place where time stands still, but where its still possible to observe the outside world from the inside. That's why he doesnt feel hungry. What is happening outside is just presented to Henry at the precise time when Walter wants him to see it. Therefore it doesnt matter if Henry waited 1 hour, 1 day or 1 month before crawling into the hole the first time. At the time he does it, he will just continue into the altered timelapse of Walter's otherworld.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

I remembered him commenting in the kitchen about not being hungry, but I guess I always figured it had to do with just not being concerned with food due to the situation (and I didn't think about it much). I don't remember the paralyzed-stomach comment. What you've said makes sense.
And anyhow, Walter wouldn't kill him before having him witness everything he was supposed to. But I think I remember most of this being pointed out already- this thread is probably going in circles...
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

I think that's part of the puzzle. Henry had no choice but to go through the events he did. If he didn't want to, he'd just be forced to sit there in a shitty oppressive apartment until he just gave up and did it.

I guess that's why he's the 'Receiver of Wisdom'. He witnesses the events as they unfold and then inevitably learn the whole truth. Then uh, die.

Who knows. Maybe the apartment would have just became so oppressive (like it does later in the game) that he'd borderline find solace in the world of Walter's self indulgent wankery.
TREX89
Just Passing Through

Post by TREX89 »

You can do it. Stand still in Room 302 and wait....
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Nothing will happen! :P
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
It is a requirement for the 21 sacraments to witness the 16/21-20/21 murders and getting killed by Walter or his minions after Henry (the player) has got enough insight.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Would he have to do anything though? If too much time passed and Henry showed no signs of being willing to go through the hole, is it possible that Walter would grow impatient and either kill Henry or let him go and pull someone else in to be the Receiver of Wisdom? I don't necessarily think this would be the case, but I wanted to add a different scenario to the conversation. Were it me, I would park myself on the couch and catch a movie marathon until Walter cut off my cable. :D
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

^Does the tv even work in the game? It's been a while since I've played (a very long while) but I think it might not work any more. If so, then no movie marathon.

Personally I think Henry would have to go through the hole eventually anyway. It's the only way out. He's been locked up for...what 5 days already? Eventually he'd get to the point where he just needs to get out of his apartment, and the only way out is one strange hole in the wall. 5 days, 5 weeks, or 5 months, eventually he would. It's just a matter of time.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I don't remember if the TV works either to be honest. I'm just saying if it were me in Henry's place, it would take a lot to get me to crawl through a weird hole that randomly appeared in my bathroom. If the cable was gone, I'd play a game. If the TV didn't work at all, I'd use my computer. If he cut all the electricity, I would read a book during the day while I had light. If my books spontaneously caught on fire, then I would crawl through the hole because then I would set Walter on fire. No one messes with my books! :D
Like I said, I don't really believe the scenario I presented so much, just adding a different spice to the sauce that is this conversation. :D
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

^I realize you're just presenting another scenario, but if you were in Henry's position you'd still be bound by the same restrictions; ie no tv to watch if the tv doesn't work in the game (tv related hauntings count towards entertainment though). Wouldn't have a clue about a computer though. Does Henry even have a computer? As for books, I'm pretty sure he had a bookshelf, and I'm almost certain I saw a light on here or there in the apartment, so he would have been able to read day or night (unless Walter somehow scrambled the text in all the books just to be a real dick).
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Well, I figured if I tried to stick to electronic means of entertainment(i.e. TV, computer, video games) that Walter would probably find a way to cut my electricity altogether, so no lamp to read by at night. However, I could probably use something battery operated for awhile like a clip-on book lamp or even my Kindle Fire for as long as it holds a charge. I could also dance to my iPod until it died. He can scramble the text in my books as long as it could be fixed.
My main curiosity now is if you are the one chosen to be the Receiver of Wisdom, is that it for you, like you are the only one qualified? Does this mean that the more you resist, the more Walter will cut off every other avenue of escape, be it physical(the doors and windows) or the mental(through books or TV or this very forum) until you have nothing to do but crawl in the hole? Because, and again this is just if I were in this scenario, I still might not go through the hole because sometimes the idea of having the whole world cut off from me and I get some peace sounds heavenly, especially if I can make a ton of noise and not bother my neighbors. So, would Walter decide I was not worth waiting out my stubborness and cut me loose to find someone else, would he kill me and find someone else, or would he keep upping the ante until I finally went through the hole. He could leave me a note saying that Ian Somerhalder was on the other side of the hole and I would be through that hole like lightning. :D
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

^I think he could choose pretty much anyone, but I think the real question should be can he change his mind on who he can use once he's made a decision, or is he bound by that choice? Especially considering the preparation required with some of the sacrifices, such as Henry being the Receiver of Wisdom. Could Walter sort of change his mind halfway through preparing Henry for his role and prep someone else?

As for going through the actual hole, I would put that off for as long as I possibly could simply because the idea of squeezing through a tight space and possibly getting stuck and dying slowly with no-one there to hear my screams and help me kinda scares the shit out of me. >_< I think I'd rather stay in the apartment, no matter how bad it would get, hauntings and all.