The downward spiral- sheep and babies and stuff, oh my!

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

Since *almost* everything in SH world has a meaning I would ditch your second choice. The first one that you said "the sick childish side" could mean a thing though.
fukuro lady
Just Passing Through

Post by fukuro lady »

Is that a cross behind the sheep? If so I would hazard a guess that it could be representative of religion (the order) and its blind followers (the sheep).

If infact it wasn't a cross, I still stand by the fact that the sheep represents a person who follows the pack blindly.. I'm sure that could mean many things in any SH game, and certainly 4, however its been freaking years since I played it.

(before you all laugh at me I know the order isn't a huge part of 4, but still, you know... Walter.. Wish house ... etc)
[img]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m81/buttonpics/sigs/fl1.png[/img]
If I crashed my car/woke up in Silent Hill, I would take the gun I find in the Cafe and blow my f**king brains out.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

I had thought that there was already a thread discussing the staircase oddities, but I can't find it. Since this has become such a discussion, I'm going to leave this thread open. Kozmo, feel free to change your thread title. :wink:
SH3girl32
Gravedigger

Post by SH3girl32 »

So this can be about all the random stuff we see on the way down from each world the 2nd time? Nice. I've always wanted to know what everything represented. Probably should get more pics since there are so many other things that we may have missed.

The sheep really confused me. I was like, "Wtf, why is there a sheep!?" I couldn't think of a reasoning for it. It was pretty funny since it was so random.

Random creepy human-like creatures bowing to a larger creature, eating at a dinner table, hanging back and forth, random heads in a cart of some sort, dancing baby and all those hanging people is what I have been so curious about.

Also, the blood. It's clearly leaving a trail, but why? Silly question, but what is the blood from? Did Walter just pour it so you can find your way?

There are also random discarded body parts lying around.

The whole place is so confusing and yet very interesting as well.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

>Also, the blood. It's clearly leaving a trail, but why? Silly question, but what is the blood from? Did Walter just pour it so you can find your way?

Why Walter would want Henry to find the "Ultimate Truth"? As a role of the Receiver of the Wisdow he only need to see the others die, or I'm missing something?
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

He also learns everything about Walter Sullivan,from his childhood to adulthood and even after death,and if theory proves correct, although Joseph wrote the notes it seems Walter is the one slipping them under the door, and the "Ultimate Truth" it basically ends with Walter's corpse on the cross.
So see dead bodies and learn about the Conjurer = Reveiver of Wisdom.
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's possible we're not supposed to find a reason for the sheep. Isn't Walter's world bloating, growing out of control, and losing all reason?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Xev

Post by Xev »

A culmanation, rather than out of control I think. Also, too many reasons why sheep represent a religious symbol.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Sheep = sacrifice

Lambs to the slaughter, etc.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I still think my explanation is better given the context.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

MMY wrote:I still think my explanation is better given the context.
Yeah, but the sheep doesn't have LED lights on its back. :wink:
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

But neither did our unnamed narrator's sheep. . . .
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Kozmo
Just Passing Through

Post by Kozmo »

Can't forget the dancing baby either. :lol:

I am still curious about the cart. If you go about on the ground instead've straight to the door to 302, it's behind the stairs at the very bottom. I can't tell if those are eggs, or heads or what (again, screencap? But eek! This isn't the right place to ask for those! :oops: ) but I remember last time I played to that part Henry kept getting out of breath if you tried to make him look for too long. He'd make this heavy panting sound as though the air was thin, and I wasn't sure if he would take damage from same like the haunting headaches, so I put him back on course and through the door.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

>screencap? But eek! This isn't the right place to ask for those!
It's relevant to the discussion now, you're alright. :wink:

I have to go to work now, (stupid job!) but have a look through this thread and see if you can't find some good staircase pics.
SpaceProg
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SpaceProg »

Well, it looks like a cross in the background, and Walter seems to have this Jesus complex, so... Sheep... lambs...

Edit: Shoot, I thought this was a single-page thread. Beaten to it.

Anyway, the dancing babies are the weirdest to me. Though they do remind me of a CGI dancing baby on TV I saw a while back.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Oh nice theories about the sheep. How could I forget about the Shepherds and the followers. . . Indeed, great. 8)
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Mephisto wrote:Hmm, I wonder what this sheep represents? :?
It represents how much walter wants to become a sheep.

Nah, kidding. Sorry if that was spam, i couldnt help myself xD
QuestionSleepZz
Gravedigger

Post by QuestionSleepZz »

I'll migrate the stuff in question from nir ein tier's thread here just to make things easier :D
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Eddie_gun_blaster
Just Passing Through

Post by Eddie_gun_blaster »

that spiral star is creepy! what most freaked me out in that stair was in the end, near the room 302 of the past, the fetus of a baby moving in a strange way, gosh, i saw it and though: "what...the...fuck" the sheep was strange too
Killing a person ain't no big deal! Just put the gun in their head, POW
SpaceProg
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SpaceProg »

When I walked down that pathway, I couldn't help but reaffirm that I was in the mind of a perfectly sane individual. Nothing weird at all.

*Wave o' babies*