spiral staircase rooms theory

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

silenthillking
Just Passing Through

spiral staircase rooms theory

Post by silenthillking »

Hy every one well hear it goes my pc version of sh4 plays in hd so the graphics are great a thought on the rooms around the stair case
the doll with arrows throught it/ as it is known walter for some reason thought that room 302 was his mom so the rooms could be walters view of his mom and the thinks inside the room are thoughts he has. Now the arrow doll think native americans it a long shot but as a child walter may have seen a books on the us cavalry and he thinks that the apartment tenants are native americans stopping
him from seing his mom the arrows indicate this but note that the doll is well a doll not a person this shows that walter has no thoughts on a person so his imaganation has made the figure.

the games over worlds are all created by walters mind what he thinks goes so I am saying every time you see a room alongside the stair case they are his mom okay walter thinks that room 302 is his mom every time you see something in the room it,s a thought he has had the arrow dolls Symbolism is walters mind imaging a real mom note it,s a doll not a person so that shows he hasn,t got a clue what a mom looks like now the native americans and us cavalry.I think as a child he has read a book on how the us cavalry trying to take the land from the native americans as a reflection he is under the impression that the apartment and the people living there are all native americans trying to defend there land and therefore blocking him from his mom=room302. and he sees himself as a us cavalry soldier okay.Now there is the best reason i can think what else can arrows in a doll mean
also this theory was made cos team Konami has taken inspiration from some mad things like the lying figure from silent hill 2 was inspired by a worker at konami seeing a person with there hands in the pocket and there hooded on the head.
Last edited by silenthillking on 10 Sep 2010, edited 1 time in total.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Re: spiral staircase rooms theory

Post by AuraTwilight »

What?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
GothGal
Just Passing Through

Post by GothGal »

ok... :shock:
Alone. Yes, that's the key word, the most awful word in the English tongue. Murder doesn't hold a candle to it and hell is only a poor synonym.

~ Stephen King
Joseph
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Joseph »

silenthillking wrote:Now the arrow doll think native americans it a long shot but as a child walter may have seen a books on the us cavalry and he thinks that the apartment tenants are native americans stopping him from seing his mom
And room 302 is actually a manifestation of Walter's deepest belief that his mother is a capitalist who is forever trapped inside an IKEA catalogue.
http://twitter.com/quieterworlds
Forget it, Jake. This is Chinatown.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

maybe? i don't think anything official was ever released on what the symbolism behind the stuff in the staircase was, so nearly any theory can work.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

What "arrows"?

And the other guys from the apartments, they neither represent nor are native americans. . .
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I don't understand what led to this conclusion.

Arrows=Native American attack?
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

I haven't played this game in awhile to remember a doll with arrows in it....i do remember that there was alot of weird imagery goin' in those cages as you walked down that staircase tho....not sure what the symbolisms is supposed to be if there is any at all. For me it just felt like henry was going deeper into the madness...i loved that small section.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

He's stating the that room tenants, are like the Native American's pointing Arrows at Walter to keep him "Away".

Or something.

Can you please type better? Sorry if you don't naively speak English, though...but that theory is interesting.,
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Even with good typing, I don't think this theory will make sense.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

I can hardly comprehend what you're typing and much less what you're actually talking about. Maybe you should re-read your post and re-think your theory. Just sayin'.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
GothGal
Just Passing Through

Post by GothGal »

Oh and "clips", that avatar scares the hell out of me
Alone. Yes, that's the key word, the most awful word in the English tongue. Murder doesn't hold a candle to it and hell is only a poor synonym.

~ Stephen King
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

GothGal wrote:Oh and "clips", that avatar scares the hell out of me
Haha...it's supposed to!!.... :mrgreen:
SHF

Post by SHF »

theres no camhack 4 this game yet. wutever r in those staircases have 2 do with walters mind/ memories. the downward spiral means descension into walters mind
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

...Yes, there are camhacks. You posted in the thread about it.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

clips wrote:
GothGal wrote:Oh and "clips", that avatar scares the hell out of me
Haha...it's supposed to!!.... :mrgreen:
And now that it's been brought up: What is it? Vacationers in clownface?
kumiko
Gravedigger

Post by kumiko »

I think this is the thread we are looking for has loads of pics of various rooms in the spiral

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... ilit=sheep
Youma Taisan!
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

I'd advise cleaning it up a bit, as I had difficulty understanding it and I once taught a 50 year old how to read. This doesn't have anything to do with my own reading ability, but I think it speaks to my patience, which is great.

But anyway,

The fourth game did seem to have a little more of the "Native American" theme to it, what with 'Jasper's Rock' and all.
I don't remember any interviews about the specifics of the spiral staircase, other than them mentioning going deeper into Walter's psyche.

This isn't to say your theory is wrong-Walter was a very disturbed individual, and themes from his childhood obviously haunted him during the event's of The Room. Many young boys play 'cowboys and Indians' just like many young girls play house.
Assuming the orphanage taught early American history, discovery the truth of this may have been enough to cause part of his subconscious to focus on the arrows symbolism. (Particularly if he were on the 'cowboys' side during said play.)

From what I understood of your theory, this is the only way I can think to justify it.
Any takers?

Also, clips's avatar freaks me out too. Well, it did at first, but I've kind of gotten used to it, and it's nice to see the little flash of color on the side of the screen everywhere s/he (?) posts.

EDIT: I was not meaning any disrespect by the first few sentences of this post. I apologize if anyone took them that way.

MOD EDIT: Don't edit just to let us know you wanted to edit the first part of you post because it is flaming. ACTUALLY edit it out and nevermind telling us you edited it out. That isn't how editing is supposed to work. You edit/remove what you want, then repost it. It works out better for everyone that way.
'KTHANX
Harrys_Girl
Last edited by SilentWren on 20 Sep 2010, edited 1 time in total.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

helldescent wrote:theres no camhack 4 this game yet.
You posted in a thread with the stuff in it, haha :roll:

Let me attempt to straighten this out. There are dolls in the spiral staircase room, and there are figures pointing arrows at the dolls. The figures are reminiscent of Native Americans, pointing arrows at the doll to keep away. In this case, Native Americans = Room tenants (like Richard) Doll = Walter. They're trying to keep him out of the apartment.
DeSilva
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by DeSilva »

I've read that twice and I still don't understand.
Anyway, gathering what everyone else said:

I never noticed a Native American connection before, but now that i'm thinking about it, yeah, there maybe. Whatever's happening in this discussion, it sounds interesting.
I'll have to try and reread when it isn't 3 in the morning.
Goodbye Silent HIll!
(Please Mr. Admin, banish me)