Contest starts now!

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Baker
Just Passing Through

Contest starts now!

Post by Baker »

Hello fellow Silent Hill fans. If you are a fan of Silent Hill 4 and would like to win a custom made Henry figure now is your chance. If you have not checked out my custom figure thread then this may come as short notice. Anyway, I thought it would be a cool way to start the new year with a contest. Henry is done in anime style with some exaggerated details.

This is like a video game scavenger hunt. You will need to play through the 1st level of the game to the answers. Though I bet some of you may know 10/14 off the top of your head. Answer to the best of your description. I have taken screen shots of anything questionable. As long as you are close enough it will count.

1.Looking out Henry's window what is written on the bill board?

2.Looking out Henry's window in the parking lot below, what is the color of the 3rd car to the right?

3. In Henry's Kitchen, by the fridge and next to the stove, what 3 appliances sit there?

4. Entering the train station, what is the first poster on the wall found on the left before the bathrooms have written on it?

5. Entering the mens room, which stall is fully closed?

6. Going to the right upon reaching the train/entrances and exists, there are token machines, on the right wall, on the left across from them are 3 telephones. Which telephone is not lit up? Beware of the monster in the area.

7.Upon coming back to your room, what piece of furniture has been moved? and what is underneath it?

8. Looking into the peep hole to Eileen's room, what 2 articles of clothing are hanging on the wall?
9. What painting hangs over Henry's bed?
10. How Many hangers are in Henry's closet?
11. What time did the clock in Henry's living room stop at? Estimate is fine.
12. What enemies do you encounter in the Trainstation/subway?
13. What number is carved into Cynthia's chest?
14. After you look out the window and see the ambulance and police car by the train entrance, what color is car parked across the street on the corner?

Bonus: What are the last words Cynthia says before she dies?

If you don't understand a question pm me. These are mostly pure observation in the 1st person view.

All right now go!
Last edited by Baker on 02 Jan 2010, edited 3 times in total.
[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/Urahara7/SilentHill3ilogySig.jpg[/img]
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

The model looks really great, makes me wish I'd played SH4 more, because I don't think I have any chance of getting the question. Whatever it may be! :P
My supply fell through...
Baker
Just Passing Through

Post by Baker »

Martee wrote:The model looks really great, makes me wish I'd played SH4 more, because I don't think I have any chance of getting the question. Whatever it may be! :P
The questions will be based on game play from the first 5-8 minutes of game play or shorter if you really run through it. So you don't have to have the game memorized.
[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/Urahara7/SilentHill3ilogySig.jpg[/img]
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

Awesome, I cant wait :mrgreen:
Do you know what time in the evening you will post the question?
^^
Baker
Just Passing Through

Post by Baker »

sumcaker wrote:Awesome, I cant wait :mrgreen:
Do you know what time in the evening you will post the question?
9pm mountain time. 45 minutes from now.
Baker
Just Passing Through

Post by Baker »

Starts now.
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Contest starts now!

Post by Martee »

Baker wrote:Hello fellow Silent Hill fans. If you are a fan of Silent Hill 4 and would like to win a custom made Henry figure now is your chance. If you have not checked out my custom figure thread then this may come as short notice. Anyway, I thought it would be a cool way to start the new year with a contest. Henry is done in anime style with some exaggerated details.

This is like a video game scavenger hunt. You will need to play through the 1st level of the game to the answers. Though I bet some of you may know 10/14 off the top of your head. Answer to the best of your description. I have taken screen shots of anything questionable. As long as you are close enough it will count.

2.Looking out Henry's window in the parking lot below, what is the color of the 3rd car to the right?

3. In Henry's Kitchen, by the fridge and next to the stove, what 3 appliances sit there?

4. Entering the train station, what is the first poster on the wall found on the left before the bathrooms have written on it?

6. Going to the right upon reaching the train/entrances and exists, there are token machines, on the right wall, on the left across from them are 3 telephones. Which telephone is not lit up? Beware of the monster in the area.

7.Upon coming back to your room, what piece of furniture has been moved? and what is underneath it?

8. Looking into the peep hole to Eileen's room, what 2 articles of clothing are hanging on the wall?
14. After you look out the window and see the ambulance and police car by the train entrance, what color is car parked across the street on the corner?

If you don't understand a question pm me. These are mostly pure observation in the 1st person view.

This is a good time to have someone open a 2nd window with the reply ready and have them type the answers for you as you go along. :)

All right now go!
Are we meant to PM you the answers or post them in this thread? :S
Baker
Just Passing Through

Re: Contest starts now!

Post by Baker »

Are we meant to PM you the answers or post them in this thread? :S
You can post the answers in this thread, this way everyone can see who posted the answers first and also what the answers to the questions are.
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

Bar Southfield
555 - 3750

White

Coffee Machine, Toaster and Blender

Havoc's Business Daily

The first on the left.

The one on the right.

The desk in his living room has been moved, and there is a Pistol underneath it.

Two dresses (and a handbag).

Painting of Toluca Lake

Three.

10:05

Dogs and Ghosts.

16/21 (16121)

White

It's just... a dream, right...? ...I think ...I drank too much last night... ...I never got to do that... 'special favour' for you... ...I ...I feel like I'm dying...
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

1. Bar southfield (555- 3750)

2. White

3. Coffee machine, Blender and Toaster (also saw some scales next to the fridge)

4. Havoc's Buisness daily

5. the farest left (the one closer to the sinks)

6. the one which is on the right

7. Desk with a Handgun, strange writing and a huge hole :P

8. Two Dresses, one is white/gray and one is black
9. Toluca Lake
10. Two
11. 10:05
12. Sniffer Dogs, Ghosts( or Victims) and Wallmen
13. 16121
14. White
Bonus: I.. I feel like I'm dying (unless you count a bunch of weird gasping noises as her last sentence :wink: )

Edit: I have Edited this about 5 times now Lolz :P
Last edited by sumcaker on 03 Jan 2010, edited 1 time in total.
^^
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

Awh I'm too late! ><
Baker
Just Passing Through

Post by Baker »

simeonalo wrote:Awh I'm too late! ><
No actually. :)
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

Damn, where did I go wrong? :( :mrgreen:
^^
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

Baker wrote:
simeonalo wrote:Awh I'm too late! ><
No actually. :)
Well, even if I weren't late, I would never be able the answer those questions. Too lazy :P
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

Bar Southfield
555 - 3750

White

In Darkness.
I think this is right, I wasn't entirely sure which poster you meant though, and I can't get first person mode on the PC demo that I'm running to see it clearer, since I'm not allowed to enter my flat after a flood, lol.

The first on the left.

The one on the right.

The desk in his living room has been moved, and there is a Pistol underneath it.

Painting of Toluca Lake

Three.

10:06

Dogs, Ghosts and Wallmen.

16/21 (16121)

White

It's just... a dream, right...? ...I think ...I drank too much last night... ...I never got to do that... 'special favour' for you... ...I ...I feel like I'm dying...
Baker
Just Passing Through

Post by Baker »

Martee wrote:
In Darkness.
I think this is right, I wasn't entirely sure which poster you meant though, and I can't get first person mode on the PC demo that I'm running to see it clearer, since I'm not allowed to enter my flat after a flood, lol.
The poster I am talking about is right where the South Ashfield sign is right at as you step off the escalator and go past the debris. One of the posters is torn down and can not be read at all but the one next to it has at least 2 clear words written on it. A corridor to the right across the poster lights up the area a bit. There is a second clipboard next to it that Henry can read himself, the words appear on screen. Should be pretty clearn now.

I have screen shots of all the answers that have to be found by observation in 1st person view and the others can be found by watching a walk through video on youtube or looking through a game faq/walkthrough.
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

Bar Southfield
555 - 3750

White

"Information" for the "Lynch Street Line" and the "King Street Line"...

The first on the left.

The one on the right.

Painting of Toluca Lake

Three.

10:06

Dogs, Ghosts and Wallmen.

16/21 (16121)

White

ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

i would love that figure but i will not play cause i read all the other guys answears and i would not feel right :(
Baker
Just Passing Through

Post by Baker »

ww_andi wrote:i would love that figure but i will not play cause i read all the other guys answears and i would not feel right :(
Bummer. Next time I'll have the answers pm'd to me so no one will feel like they are cheating. May hold another contest in the spring for a mini pyramid head or nurse figure.
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

I look forward to it cause that would be kool :mrgreen: