Henry Haunting?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Henry Haunting?

Post by Aric - The Reaper »

Not sure if there is one of this up, checked and got nothing but if there is, okay and sorry.

Anyway, WHAT IF?

What if Henry became a haunting, what would it be like?

I think when he is killed he wakes up still thinking he's alive and is lost but later figures that he was killed.

What about you?
Last edited by Aric - The Reaper on 11 Jan 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
Catch22
Subway Guard

Post by Catch22 »

He'd be even more emotionless than he already is.

"I am a haunting. I wasn't a haunting before. Interesting."
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

hahaha, true true

Course he will be wondering 'How the heck did i die?'

I kinda think that he is either killed by Walter *ain't spoiling it* one of the endings or Walter shoots him in the head, cause at times i get the impression that Walter would do that to him.
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
Catch22
Subway Guard

Post by Catch22 »

Yeah, I'm sure that if he did die, Walter would be the one to do it. Henry's not the greatest athlete, but I can't imagine any of the generic monsters taking him down. I would be kind of disappointed if he died from a shot to the head, though--I would prefer a more interesting and strange death.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

^^ but to me i see Henry dying like that. but i then wander why there's blood on his face/head.

I also see him as a walking ghost not a floater or teleporter, but would be carry a weapon or not, a maybe. I think
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

Well the haunting is most likely signifies: This is what is going to happen to you.
Walter is more than likely arrogant about the whole situation, after all he had been working towards this for ten years and all Henry is doing is playing right into the role of Receiver of Wisdom by trying to get out.
The manifistation is probably what Henry's ghost will appear as, and in ways, it's mocking in sorts, yes he's outside the door but he's messed up, dead. The blood is running from his eyes, his eyes have been gouged or ripped out and the side of his mouth is torn. Possibly the eyes show as his reading the notes 'Receiving Wisdom' after his death he's useless basically; what use would his eyes be anymore?
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

very good points and ideas. But the tearing of the mouth, what would that mean? Could it be Walter taking a lil revenge on Henry for living so long and calling for Elieen or for calling out for help
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

Well, either the game designers thought it would be nifty or it could actually repersent how quiet Henry was. Did he really speak through the game? No, he listened moreover.
But your theory is a lot better ^^! He did try and escape by calling out to those around him, and if it is listened to close enough, the haunting is whispering 'Help me' over and over, so very very good point! Again the mocking point is revisited.
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.

Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

^^ Thank you!

My first reaction seeing Henry's hauting was 'Okay, so this is what he looks like dead.' and then i thought maybe Henry might have a nightmare scene seeing himself getting killed. but just seeing the haunting mocking him made all the more hauntings look like kiddy play, I think when Henry sees it he's more determined to live then to get killed.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

Hm, maybe, but the hauntings seem more controlled by Walter then manifestations from Henry. It could in fact relate to the giant Eileen head in Hospital world, Walter cannot view humans in normal ways, or really anything, he can only conjure sick twisted versions of them.

Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

True, but when Walter actually confronts Henry I feel that he's learning a little about Henry and figuring on what to do with him as in terms of killing him. Henry's haunting could be a version of one of Walter's twisted thoughts of what Henry would look like.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

Meh, I don't think he really cares over those sorts of things, I think it's more of: Numbers. Sacrament. Mom.
Easy as that...Although, some of his killings were out of revenge more over and did represent the Sacrament in ways, so that indeed could be a concept.

paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

I think it represents that Henry's purpose isn't to talk but to listen. The eyes being removed seem to be a message to remember everything you've seen, it will be the last.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

Hm, the "Isn't to talk but to listen" is very clever ^^

jimmy_stone
Just Passing Through

Post by jimmy_stone »

it would be interesting to see henry as a ghost,im sure he would be the hardest ghost in the game :)
cascade88
Historical Society Historian

Post by cascade88 »

Sure why not. It could have been fun to take over playing as Eileen near the end, to face off against a Henry haunting.

*Eileen hits Henry with her bag*
Henry: What...the hell?
Eileen: AND AGAIN! *hits* I'll beat some personality into you if it's the last thing I do!
Henry: What the..no really, what the hell?!
Eileen: *facepalms* Henry you're a Haunting now--haven't you noticed?
Henry: I..never really notice anything. Haven't you noticed that?
Eileen: :?
Henry: :lol:
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

I agree completely! There should have been a point where you had to fight the Henry Haunting, I would have been overly entertained, if he reacted bad to Cynthia's ghost think how it would be fighting a disfigured version of himself :D !

Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

^Kinda like the Memory of Alessa fight in SH3? Yeah, that would rock. Henry against Ghost Henry. Shame that Konami left this out. . .
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Perhaps they weren't into rehashing old content, since you had the protagonist fight herself in the previous title...
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

Yeah, if Konami did do that, people would just be complaining that the game 'ripped of SH3 and that the game has no originality of its own' :roll:
^^