"what the hell..." is that dude doing?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

MrMarius
Just Passing Through

"what the hell..." is that dude doing?

Post by MrMarius »

I can't blame Henry for thinking: "what the hell...?" when looking out of his apartment window. This has been bugging me and my gf since we last watched a video playthrough of this game. I have never payed much attention to this thing while playing, but we immediately noticed when we saw the video.

In one of the apartments across the parking lot from Henry's, there's this guy making absolutely crazy moves; to us, it looks like he's playing air guitar, and later moonwalking; but whatever he's doing, it looks crazy.

I searched through this board for a thread about this, but couldn't find one, and I actually couldn't believe there was none: seen to as how absolutely ridiculous this guy is acting. any thoughts on that people??
Last edited by MrMarius on 15 Sep 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Thanatos
Just Passing Through

Post by Thanatos »

I always saw that guy, but honestly, I never put much thought into his ridiculous movements. I just thought it was a game error or something like that. Besides, you couldn`t see much because of the distance and resolution anyway and most times I looked out of the window, I was too busy being creeped out by flying heads, random appearances by Walter and Robbie balloons.... :wink:
LSSJGamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by LSSJGamer »

He most likely is playing an air guitar while listening to music. I haven't played the game in a while but I believe other tenants have complained about him having his music too loud. So most likely he is just jamming to some tunes. But then again he could be saving his favorite band in his otherworld, and to him in his world he is doing stuff like flying, going super saiyan, and fighting powerful beings of peerless might. But to Henry he just looks like a crazy guy playing an air guitar and dancing crazy.
*Insert Legendary signature here*
Kenji
Historical Society Historian

Post by Kenji »

I don't think there's any deeper meaning than this:

People are strange, when you're a stranger
Faces look ugly, when you're alone
Women seem wicked, when you're unwanted
Streets are uneven, when you're down

... huh, that seems more apt to The Room than I intended when writing it...
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

What I always wonder are the peoples apartments you're going through in the alternate world from Henry's neighbors or when Walter was a child.
One thing is that I've read that the Skinned Mike situation happened when he was a kid but if it's from Henry's neighbors presently in the game than it would be that guy that is obsessed with listening to music with all the audio equipment in his room.
Maybe all those people just never moved after all those years like Richard...
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
MrMarius
Just Passing Through

Post by MrMarius »

that's what I was thinking. I thought that guy might actually be Mike, seeing as he plays air guitar and is making weird moves
"Love is not about finding the perfect person.... it's about finding the imperfect person perfect"

==LM==
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Mike continuing to live in South Ashfield Heights after being beaten and stripped of his clothes seems highly unlikely.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Not only that (no matter how hot you are for that nurse, you don't just get over being humiliated like that), but didn't Mike live in Room 301, adjacent to Henry's room?
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

Yes he does, so you wouldn't be able to see him in the opposite windows.
And the guy who is obsessed with music isn't Mike in the first place.
I'm still question if the timeline of South Ashfield Heights in alternate is just plain screwed up as Walter decides it.
After all, across from 302 what always stands out to me is: A small child playing on couches, a rather large woman cooking in a pink kitchen, as everyone mentioned the man playing air guitar, and of course Richard.
All of these apartments appear in alternate mode.
It has always seemed to me, for the people who are Henry's neighbors, showing just how disconnected he is with the world and the people around him.
Now he gets to go through their stuff :D
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.

crucifix

Post by crucifix »

i've never seen this guy, but it doesn't sound that weird. typical city-folk. you see people who don't care if they're embarrassing themselves and do whatever they want, for money or otherwise.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

He's getting down and booging. 8)
Dale
Just Passing Through

Post by Dale »

I always thought or hoped that the people on the other side of the court were not being subjected to what Henry was going through.

I know theirs to people that kind of look like their doing it and then their is someone else who looks like she's(he's?) trying to escape too. Have these people already been talked about?
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

No one else was going through what he was (Richard found a hole so we have to guess he was locked in somewhere for a small amount of time since we saw him through the peephole with Eileen and without her a few times, and at his looking over at 302 as she asked him to do) but they're all just...Weird.
Walter only has interest in anyone whom is a Sacrament, the rest of them are affected if you get the bad ending but that is due to hospitalization because of chest pain and this is showing that the Holy Mother's power is spreading out from 302.

REDGRAVE65
Just Passing Through

Post by REDGRAVE65 »

Air guitar? I thought he was jacking off when I first saw him.
Anyone ever wonder how nice the real version of Silent Hill is?
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

That's some pretty hardcore jacking off.
MrMarius
Just Passing Through

Post by MrMarius »

The Adversary wrote:Mike continuing to live in South Ashfield Heights after being beaten and stripped of his clothes seems highly unlikely.
haha yeah, well, what I meant to say is that it could resemble Mike (I wasn't very clear-headed when I posted that, sorry)

and hey! Kenji, you're right; just looked it up, Mike did live in room 301 which means...
...theory busted...

Nice discussion anyway :p
"Love is not about finding the perfect person.... it's about finding the imperfect person perfect"

==LM==
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Yeah. . . According to Rachael's boyfriend (not Mike) that's the guy who listens to great music. He's just dancing and jamming, he's not jerking/jacking off. . .

Also, I relate to Richard. . . To his left is a guy that likes to listen many kinds of music in the max volume, to his right is a mother and a father that haves like 5 little kids. . . Goddammit, I would kick the fuck outta everyone if I was in his situation too. . .
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Masturbator Held For Questioning In Series Of Brutal Masturbatings, Sources Say

>I'm still question if the timeline of South Ashfield Heights in alternate is just plain screwed<
The apartments as Henry explores it is from the past, from when Walter, as a child, would visit. So, about 28 years earlier.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

Must be something good happening outside.

Kaiza Killa
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Kaiza Killa »

A pair of binoculars in Henry's apartment would have been really good.

H+
"Everything above your neck's going to be a fine red mist" - Sniper (Team Fortress 2).