A Silent Hill 4 Remake-Would you welcome one?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

Chrysaor wrote:Silent Hill 4 is brilliant. Almost no one realizes how everything in the game funnels into a maternal aesthetic. If you changed nearly anything about it, it would lose that aspect entirely. The repetition of worlds was necessary. The limited inventory was necessary. The lack of firearms was necessary. Henry's bland persona (as well as him being the only character, and Eileen being a dependant supporting character) was necessary. The things that annoyed you were meant to annoy you, but they were also meant to serve a greater purpose.

It really seems as if the entire purpose of this game was lost on nearly everyone who played it. Everyone simply seems content to bitch about how it was nothing like the previous games, and so the entire focus of the game (losing your 'mother') flew way over their heads.

The only thing I would change about this game is to take out Joseph's talking head (I didn't need that revelation, thank you very much. This was almost as cringe-worthy as Sharon's little dialogue in the hospital in the movie), and add in all of the content that was relegated to the website, perhaps with a little more detail. Oh, and give Eileen better AI. Other than that, this game is perfect as is, and I will be playing it for years to come.
I couldn't agree more.

I loved Silent Hill 4: The Room. In all honesty, I would prefer a prequel (although we know what happened to Joseph, I'd like to expand and SEE what he saw). A reimagining wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but I'd like it more if they created a new cast of characters/names/backgrounds, etc.
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

http://www.last.fm/user/Severeth
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

^^
Hell yeah guys! :mrgreen:

I would not want a remake of Silent Hill 4 at all! If they did something along the lines of The Room 2, that would be freaking amazing! But a remake, absolutely not. No re-imagining during this lifetime of mine.
Aherd
Just Passing Through

Re: A Silent Hill 4 Remake-Would you welcome one?

Post by Aherd »

i'll settle for a sequel~
not on the room, but on henry and eileen^^
Scarlet
Historical Society Historian

Post by Scarlet »

I would accept a remake if they allowed us to kill the damn ghosts and have good weapons and a good storage system. Otherwise no!
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

Naw...SH4 had one of the strongest storylines the series has seen to date....it even rivals SH2 at some points( which i feel is a bit overrated), and the whole concept was just so unique. The dynamic between adult Walter and young Walter and their relationship with the room itself was just so bizarre. Those older games are aging incredibly well and there is no need for a remake...or prequel for that matter.
Aethryix
Just Passing Through

Post by Aethryix »

SH4 doesn't need a remake. In my opinion, the only SH game that needs a remake is SH1, the rest oughta just be ported to the current gen consoles, without changing anything like they did with the HD collection.
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

I think at this point in the series, they need to stop doing remakes and just continue to try to come up with original stuff. I would've liked to have seen a real remake of SH1, but at this point they've gone back to that well too many times, and there's no company I trust to do it well.

SH4 is a cool game that I think is a bit unfairly maligned, but it does have a lot of flaws. And using a remake to fix those flaws might be a great idea... but I don't think there's a developer that I trust to do that properly. And I certainly don't want to see it get the same poor treatment as SH2 and 3 did in their shoddy collection.
The SH Champion
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The SH Champion »

I don't want a re-image. Now that I think about it, Silent hill 4 doesn't need to be updated. Look at how bad Silent hill 2 and 3 came out to be!!
"The Fear of Blood tends to create fear for the flesh."
-Silent Hill
Grieving Sparrow
Just Passing Through

Post by Grieving Sparrow »

I don't believe this game needs a remake or re-imagining but I would not mind seeing an HD version like they did with SH2&3.