Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 24 Oct 2017

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7964
Last seen at: Nowhere
Yes, the ability to play as Walter would rule, because you know, its his story and all. That's the only thing that should be added.
But apart from that I think the game is nice like it is. No changes.

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11379
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
The problem is that Walter is immortal and effectively omnipotent. I don't know how you'd be able to recreate his teleporting, invulnerability, reality-warping abilities, etc. without being too powerful or boring, or ruining the impact of the plot.

A better idea would be to play as Walter after he killed the Locane Children in Silent Hill.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Oct 2007
Notes left: 409
Last seen at: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Quote:
A better idea would be to play as Walter after he killed the Locane Children in Silent Hill.

Or you could play through that... >_>;;

-cough-

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 444
Perhaps after the Locane, with flashbacks of previous events before the Locane children. Dunno, just seems like he's the most important portion of the game that it would be nice to see the actual events them-self.

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Oct 2009
Notes left: 310
AuraTwilight wrote:

You mean 'Oz: The Videogame'?

:lol:

'Tap X to clench your colon'

I can see it now. The most controversial and disturbing game ever made.

Well played, Aura.

Post subject:

Er, no, Walter had an Otherworld experience due to the guilt of killing the Locane children, creating, for example, the Walter tombstone James finds. It's because of this experience that Walter is divided into two people.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Oct 2009
Notes left: 310
It is also because of that experience that Walter is sent to prison, causing him to sever his carotid artery with a spoon.

I don't really buy the whole 'There is a good Walter and an evil Walter' situation. Sure, there is little Walter and big Walter, but that is within the confines of Walter's consciousness. The game never mentions anything about a second Walter as far as I can remember, and there is no reason for a second Walter to exist. It might've been a fixture on the website or some such thing, but even if it is canon (I'd appreciate some citation somewhere; I haven't played the game in a while), I tend to ignore it, because it's a pointless triviality that makes things unnecessarily complicated.

Walter's tombstone can easily be justified through other means.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

I too have never really believed that Walter was split in two just for the reason that he felt guilty for killing the twins. It seems to be also for his childish desires to meet with his mother once again, when the whole thing began that he believed that 302 was his mother.
Also, was the SH4 project thought up back then? Or was it just for the Box puzzle?
And everyone seems hooked on the 'Walter killed himself because he felt guilty' thing. Er...How in the world was he suppose to complete the ritual of the Holy Assumption without killing himself?

Post subject:

Quote:
Walter's tombstone can easily be justified through other means.

Walter's tombstone can only be explained by him having gone through the same type of experience as James, Eddie, and Angela.

Quote:
Er...How in the world was he suppose to complete the ritual of the Holy Assumption without killing himself?

There was none. Killing himself is a mandatory part of the ritual.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

^
That is what I am stating, I see constantly on the theory forums statements of 'He killed himself because he felt bad for killing two little kids'
Personally I believe he's too demented to see the difference between killing a child and killing an adult.
But that comes back to the point of having a chance of playing as Walter Sullivan, to see the truth behind the psychopath.

Post subject:

Quote:
That is what I am stating, I see constantly on the theory forums statements of 'He killed himself because he felt bad for killing two little kids'
Personally I believe he's too demented to see the difference between killing a child and killing an adult.

It is a canonical fact, though, that he's tormented by the guilt of killing the Locane children, and that the Walter Sullivan in jail felt torn over it to the point of denying blame over it. It's thus plenty believable that he killed suicide for that reason.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

^
It's just my opinion is all.

Post subject:

Missing since: 29 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2301
I think his split, was more of his mind. When he did the holy assumption, his older, adult self existed, and his younger version. i think theres 2 becuase the young walter, is the part of his conscious that he suppressed, in order to fullfill his true desire. The walter kid is innocent and protective, and also defiant. The adult version, is walter's final mindset to succeed where he left off. The fact that both versions of him appear in the game, tells me that he was hoping to see his mother, by completing the sacraments, at any costs. So it makes sense he felt guilt at times, but his own desire reigned over all.

Post subject:

The young Walter doesn't seem like it properly split from him until after Eileen avoided death, mind.

Post subject:

can you explain what you mean? bcuz we see him way before we see eileen

Post subject:

But we never see him as distinct from his older self, and we know Walter can change his shape to some degree. Furthermore, many people, such as Andrew DeSalvo, explicitly say the two are the same. "That's no kid! It's the 11/21 man!"

Other situations, like Young Walter pointing out that window in the Apartment World, and then going to Room 302 and seeing Adult Walter pointing out the same window, further the implication. there's a whole thread on it, so I'll just drop the link.

http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2332

Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7964
Last seen at: Nowhere
Quote:
Furthermore, many people, such as Andrew DeSalvo, explicitly say the two are the same. "That's no kid! It's the 11/21 man!"

Not trying to nitpick but I think the one that said that was Richard. . .

Post subject:

maybe whoever said that, was stating that he figured out it was the child walter, not that the child walter looked like the adult completely.

Post subject:

Maybe so, but it doesn't solve the other facts, such as both forms of Walter being in the exact same place through two different lenses.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Apr 2010
Notes left: 2
i think we should leave sh4 alone, it was an interesting experience, different from other sh games and it's not that old of a game to need a remake.

i would only welcome a remake of the first silent hill (a REAL remake, you know, like resident evil remake)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next