Sounds in the room after Prison World?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

IamDemensentis
Just Passing Through

Sounds in the room after Prison World?

Post by IamDemensentis »

Some time ago I decided to do a run through Silent Hill 4 again. After I completed Prison World and went back to the apartment, I could hear faint mumbles in the livingroom. I raised the volume and well, what I could make out of it, it sounded like the superintendent (The mumbling was very bassy, like from another room or so) when he tries to make contact with Henry the first time.
I checked out the door and nothing special going on there.. Anyone noticed this? Has it any meaning to it or is it just one of those things that just are there?
Mannen i svart sprang, och revolvermannnen följde efter. - Det Mörka Tornet 1

Oh! Is it garbage day?!

"Ah! Global warming went up 10%, just as wanted!"
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

Just one of the ambient noises.
Xev

Post by Xev »

Im not sure Ive heard that. It wasnt the radio was it? How long did it go on?
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

I don't remember hearing this as well.
IamDemensentis
Just Passing Through

Post by IamDemensentis »

Well, it's not on the radio, and it repeats over and over again. It's quite low, but you can hear it. I just found it quite interesting. Silent Hill has boggled my mind once again :P

Oh! Is it garbage day?!

anni
Just Passing Through

Post by anni »

I once experienced something similar while replaying the game with a friend on her PS2. It was also when we returned to the apartment to get some items and save, I don't remember after which world, though.

When I noticed the muffled voices I first went all "WTF?", since something like that had never happened during the previous times I had played it on my computer. We turned the volume up and also noticed that it sounded like Sunderland. After listening for a while to figure out what he was saying, we noticed that he was repeating himself.
Finally, we went to the door, looked through the peephole - and there was a small cut scene, the one with Sunderland talking to Eileen. And he said exactly the same thing as the muffled voice we had heard before.

So I guess in our case, it was just a small glitch.
(And we laughed so hard when we noticed that, since we had gotten really excited about something unusual and not before heard of happening... I think that moment is even still documented in a video somewhere on my harddisk 8D)
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Perhaps Walter conversating with his Mother?
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

^ This sounds plausible.
Emzo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Emzo »

Not a bad theory actually Carneeval >.>
I mean
Seen as the room does slowly morph into Walter's dreamworld anyhoo.
~| I've Come to Change the Order |~
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

I've heard some muffled talking like that on my playthroughs, but it always led to a scene outside the door if I would go and check. Just like when you hear a scraping or sweeping sound, and it's Eileen sweeping the hallway, for example.

If it sounded like the super but he wasn't outside, that's a bit weird.
IamDemensentis
Just Passing Through

Post by IamDemensentis »

Sorry for not having written in a while, been having quite the cold. Still not feeling to well, but hopefully this will still be coherent enough :p Anyway, I think I have encountered a glitch. I decided to check this out once more so I loaded and (still hearing the noises) I went to look out the door and.. the cutscene begins. Now, I know I didn't see this when I played it up till that point before so apparently it was only a glitch. :oops:
Well, I guess this topic is done. Any way to close it down?

Oh! Is it garbage day?!

SHF

Post by SHF »

theres a pattern.
Return from subway world: eileen sweeping.
Return from forest world: Knocking on 302 door.
Return from prison world: frank talking
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
HeresJohnny
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by HeresJohnny »

I heard the mumble too
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

I'm actually a little bit on the sad side over this, without people outside the door I've never heard mumbles.
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Maybe it was some sort of glitch?
SethSunderland
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SethSunderland »

Eileen sweeping the hallway, for example.
Just a question, why would Eileen be sweeping the hallway? Doesn't that seem kind of a silly thing to do in a carpeted area? Or even just in an apartment hallway. I dunno. It always seemed strange to me. As if she was trying to find an excuse to go near Henry's door and try to peer in. (Not that Henry needed an excuse to peer into her bedroom >///>)

As far as I remember, any mumbling I ever heard was related to a hallway cutscene.
[img]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5484/sethsunderlandnewdigjr5.jpg[/img]
SHF

Post by SHF »

i think shes sweeping in her room. cuz remember when henry peeks in the hole and we hear her say" Now where did i put that damn broom"?
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
anni
Just Passing Through

Post by anni »

SethSunderland wrote:Just a question, why would Eileen be sweeping the hallway? Doesn't that seem kind of a silly thing to do in a carpeted area? Or even just in an apartment hallway. I dunno. It always seemed strange to me. As if she was trying to find an excuse to go near Henry's door and try to peer in. (Not that Henry needed an excuse to peer into her bedroom >///>)
She had dropped some of her purchases(/groceries?) in front of Henry's door (...however they might have rolled that far). Remember the "I hope my luck changes before the party" line? ;)
I suppose she just wanted to be polite and clean up the mess she had seemingly made.

And it's a tile floor, not carpet :)
helldescent wrote:i think shes sweeping in her room. cuz remember when henry peeks in the hole and we hear her say" Now where did i put that damn broom"?
That was before she swept the floor, she was looking for it in her room, and after she found it she swept the hallway.
SethSunderland
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SethSunderland »

^
Ah, I must have gotten the idea of a carpet from the fleshy redness that covers most of that world. It's been a while anyways.

And poor Eileen, she jinxed herself about things getting better. ^-^;
[img]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5484/sethsunderlandnewdigjr5.jpg[/img]