most unfortunate character

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

who was the most unfortunate silent hill 4 character?

Joseph
11%
Cynthia
12%
Jasper
11%
Andrew
2%
Richard
10%
Eileen
20%
Henry
34%

Total votes: 279

carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

From some information I've heard he went through worse in fact.
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
darkphoenix22r
Just Passing Through

Post by darkphoenix22r »

Joseph Schreiber is the most unfortunate character in my opinion.
Henry has nightmares for five days (probably reliving Joseph's last moments in the room) and then he finds the Hole. He goes through Walter's hellish worlds, but he survives (there's only one ending in which he dies).
On the other hand, Joseph traveled also through the Hole, but it didn't help him at all. And if I'm not mistaken, his diary begins in April and goes on at least until August.
He spent a long time in that room, having headaches and losing his mind slowly.
So, his torment was much worse.
DarkReign27
Subway Guard

Post by DarkReign27 »

Henry definitely , poor guy saw all this murdering trying to help them but couldn't and just wanted to live in that apartment and went through a lot, poor guy

"Cheryl ? Is that Cheryl !?"
|
SH Tributes Part 0 to 5 at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DarkR27
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

^Lol, he only saw the murderings. What's so "painful" about it? He didn't even knew the persons. And some he really didn't seem to want to help. And others, really didn't wanted his help.
puppett
Just Passing Through

Post by puppett »

^For some people it's a big shock seeing someone die; it's a really traumatic thing.
It can scar a lot of people for life. Especially if you've seen so many people die in so many horrible ways.
DarkReign27
Subway Guard

Post by DarkReign27 »

Also if you notice he always tried to help them, even if he gets hurt in the process, like Richard he gets shocked, he knows them somewhat. I'm sure seeing Eileen hurt was bad enough too, all these people from the apartment you live in dying is quite bad I think for him. He's quite a heroic person even Jasper on fire he starts to go towards him but the flames are too large, he wants to help all of them but in the end he cannot humanly do it.
Shacknasty
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Shacknasty »

MMY wrote:>we can assume that he became blind and deaf at a point, or something.
What? Why the hell can we assume this?

>Wasn't that Joseph in the beginning who wakes up in the rusty apartment
The scene portrays Henry dreaming he's Joseph. So, no, it's not really Joseph.
There is nothing suggesting this. It's only an assumption. It could easily have been Joseph instead of Henry dreaming he's Joseph. But anyway, the most unfortunate is Jasper simply because he BURNED TO DEATH.
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

darkphoenix22r wrote:Joseph Schreiber is the most unfortunate character in my opinion.
Henry has nightmares for five days (probably reliving Joseph's last moments in the room) and then he finds the Hole. He goes through Walter's hellish worlds, but he survives (there's only one ending in which he dies).
On the other hand, Joseph traveled also through the Hole, but it didn't help him at all. And if I'm not mistaken, his diary begins in April and goes on at least until August.
He spent a long time in that room, having headaches and losing his mind slowly.
So, his torment was much worse.
This
Asterion
Just Passing Through

Post by Asterion »

I would vote for Eileen. Whereas the others were either neutral to or unkind to Walter. Eileen was actually nice to him yet he still went after her. Not to suggest that the others deserved Walter's attentions, but if anyone didn't it would be Eileen. Unjust misfortunes seem more unfortunate to me.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>It's only an assumption. It could easily have been Joseph instead of Henry
The introduction explicitly states "[Henry] began to have a recurring dream each night." And then the game begins w/ "Henry" waking up, getting out of bed, and examining his apartment. The player can also examine a photograph of Henry to which "Henry" comments, "Who is this guy?" not to mention the countless objects on the desk "Henry" comments on.

So, no, it's not an assumption.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Eileen for having to hang out with anti-social Henry.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Edit: It is no longer April fool's day, and my screen name is back to normal. This post was made to be humorous, while impersonating my pal angelofROOM302, who I believe has a thing for Henry.
Although the poop thing was just random.

~~~

Defiantly Henry. All he wanted to do was live in a nice new, peaceful apartment and look hot 8) lol. He's such a nice guy, and he had to see all those horrible things.
Last edited by phantomess on 02 Apr 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Chrysaor
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Chrysaor »

So being burned alive, lacerated to death, sentenced to the electric chair, or shanked in the stomach doesn't measure up to what Henry went through?

That seems pretty crazy to me. Witnessing murders might scar you, but at least he didn't die (Well, he might've, but the method of death is never described, and it's probably not very likely that the worst ending is the canonical ending), in an exceedingly horrible way, no less.

Not to mention that all of the other victims were subject to Walter's consciousness as well, though we'll never know exactly how much.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

At least their suffering is over. If Henry lives, he may never recover from everything. And every time that he poops, it will turn into Robbie.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

He may never recover? He's perfectly fine when he visits Eileen in the hospital at the end of the game.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

You still think I was being serious? I wasn't, starting with the word "defiantly." I'd hoped that the poop comment would hint at that.

I'll bet Henry's experiences would have affected him to some extent, though.
Dr.Eminiss

Post by Dr.Eminiss »

Everyone is unfortunate but Valter is the most because of his past.
Last edited by Dr.Eminiss on 18 Apr 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Cool. Andrew wasn't unfortunate 'cause he abused Walter, got it.
Then what about Jimmy Stone and George Rosten? Their abuses didn't mattered one bit, huh.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

You can't judge a death as unfortunate about something they did in the past. You're saying, Andrew's wasn't unfortunate because he abused Walter. The deaths were all unfortunate, and others abused Walter as well.
Dr.Eminiss

Post by Dr.Eminiss »

Mephisto wrote:^Cool. Andrew wasn't unfortunate 'cause he abused Walter, got it.
Then what about Jimmy Stone and George Rosten? Their abuses didn't mattered one bit, huh.
I forgot about those guys -.-
simeonalo wrote:You can't judge a death as unfortunate about something they did in the past. You're saying, Andrew's wasn't unfortunate because he abused Walter. The deaths were all unfortunate, and others abused Walter as well.
So true.