Is it true? Was SH4 actually another game that lost funding?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

christoiwas
Just Passing Through

Is it true? Was SH4 actually another game that lost funding?

Post by christoiwas »

OK, so I heard this from a student of mine last year and hopefully someone can shed some light on the matter...

Apparently, according to my student, SH4 was actually another game entirely during its early development, after losing funding the working draft was converted into a Silent Hill game.

Sounds unlikely, but can anyone de-bunk this theory or ..:shock:.. confirm it???
--> "... It’s just... I guess I really don’t care if it’s dangerous or not. I’m going to town either way."
asoundbassist
Just Passing Through

Post by asoundbassist »

I keep running across a ton of links that purport your idea (which I've heard myself), but I can't find any reliable sources (just blogs and wikis and Yahoo answers).

Honestly, it makes sense to say that, though. It's a complete deviation from the whole "Silent Hill" theme. Typically, the individual is drawn by Silent Hill, which is tailored to their own personal agonies and vices, whereas we, the player, are pulled into someone else's ... I'm not sure. We seem to be pulled all over the place, but not Silent Hill (rather, South Ashfield. Someone correct me if I'm spewing garbage here). There's no radio. No flashlight. Both of these have, until now, been traditional in the games.

If someone walked up to me and said that SH4 was originally not supposed to be Silent Hill, I would believe them.
Dark Shadow
Just Passing Through

Post by Dark Shadow »

There's a thread here discussing it.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

In summation, no. Incorrect rumor.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

You should teach your students more often.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

You have some kick-ass students :)
Brodie
Just Passing Through

Post by Brodie »

Well actually I'v read some where on the konmi site that they were gonna make it a different game but decided agenst it and thats why its plays differently than other silent hill
Death is not the end my Friend
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Well, actually you're either full of shit or grievously mistaken.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

I never heard or read about SH4 being another game but I got that feeling from playing it. SH4 was so different from 1,2,and 3. I bought it when it first came out, I was really excited that I was going to see how the story was going to continue. I just knew that it was going to be an extension of SH1's and SH3's story or that SH4 was going to be SH2's SH3 (SH3 expands on SH1 I thought SH4 would expand on SH2) but it didn't.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Thanks for the link, Dark Shadow. :)