Eileen Nominated for Least Popular Character in Video Games

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Shacknasty
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Eileen Nominated for Least Popular Character in Video Ga

Post by Shacknasty »

Yea, but that submachine gun isn't available on the first playthrough, and if we're going to give Eileen that, we might as well bring up Ashley's unlockable costume that makes her invincible and unkidnappable.
Thank you, Captain Obvious.
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Do you have to be a big flopping dick whenever you open your mouth? You bring up the submachine gun weapon as a point in Eileen's favor, but you only get it after you're forced to go through the bullshit for an entire playthrough. If we're going to do that, Ashley wins as the better character because even with the submachine gun, Eileen can still get hurt and fuck up your ending.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

Do the endings really matter, though?
You can just see them on youtube if you miraculously can't get one. :D

And besides that, you have to go through the bullshit playthrough TWICE with Ashley to get her "invincibility," so there's that against her anyway.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

SilentWren wrote:Do the endings really matter, though?
You can just see them on youtube if you miraculously can't get one. :D
You can, but you should never do that!!!

It took me years to see all the endings, but it was worth the wait. Wasn't it?
We are still here...
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^It's definitely more rewarding! :D

At least you only have to play through the 4th game twice to see all four endings.
Yeah, FOUR endings and NO U.F.O. ending....grrrrrrr.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Shacknasty
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Shacknasty »

Do you have to be a big flopping dick whenever you open your mouth?
I know you of all people aren't trying to sit there asking me this question and expect to be taken seriously.
You bring up the submachine gun weapon as a point in Eileen's favor, but you only get it after you're forced to go through the bullshit for an entire playthrough. If we're going to do that, Ashley wins as the better character because even with the submachine gun, Eileen can still get hurt and fuck up your ending.
Way to completely miss the point. At no part in that sentence did I say Eileen's only weapon was the submachine gun. Obviously she has access to weapons before that point unlike Ashley. The submachine was just another tidbit I added just to remind how handy she was when she got it. I would have that this was obvious given how the post was written...
SHF

Post by SHF »

SilentWren wrote:^It's definitely more rewarding! :D

At least you only have to play through the 4th game twice to see all four endings.
Yeah, FOUR endings and NO U.F.O. ending....grrrrrrr.
You can play it twice and get all four endings?
It took me 9 playthroughs to get all the endings.
How do you do it in just two?
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Way to completely miss the point. At no part in that sentence did I say Eileen's only weapon was the submachine gun. Obviously she has access to weapons before that point unlike Ashley. The submachine was just another tidbit I added just to remind how handy she was when she got it. I would have that this was obvious given how the post was written...
And my rebuttal is that she's only "handy" with this after you already beat the game once or twice, wherein with Ashley she becomes "handy" due to being INVINCIBLE.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

helldescent wrote: How do you do it in just two?
Play through the game once and keep the apartment cleared. Heal Eileen. (I think you have to save it after the best ending, though. Don't remember.)
Play through again and don't clear the hauntings in the apartment. Heal Eileen. See the other two endings.

The times that you want to see the ending where Eileen dies, just stall for time during the boss fight and wait for her to walk to her death.

Oh, wait: I meant just to SEE all the endings. You have to play through it four times to get all four endings on one save still.

Shacknasty
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Shacknasty »

And my rebuttal is that she's only "handy" with this after you already beat the game once or twice, wherein with Ashley she becomes "handy" due to being INVINCIBLE.
Way to miss the point yet again. I think it's becoming clear you're doing this on purpose just to save face, but whatever. People like you always need a gimmick. Just don't think for one moment you're anybody special for employing that tired defense mechanism.
Last edited by Shacknasty on 13 Feb 2011, edited 1 time in total.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

At least Eileen made an effort, unlike everybody's favorite South Park-esque stripper, Maria, from SH2. You know what SHE did? Whined, bitched, moaned, and got herself killed. AND NOTHING ELSE! You can't give her a weapon to fight with, you babysit her for a quarter of the fricking game, and THEN, THEN, SHE GETS HERSELF KILLED!!!! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

At least Eileen had a real, likeable personality.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^Wait a minute...South Park? Wut?

WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

SilentWren wrote:^Wait a minute...South Park? Wut?
You know, Kenny? Dies gruesomely every episode then inexplicably comes back to life? And Maria just won't stay dead, either.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Way to miss the point yet again. I think it's becoming clear you're doing this on purpose just to save face, but whatever. People like you always need a gimmick. Just don't think for one moment you're anybody special for employing that tired defense mechanism.
What in the hell are you going on about? I'm not employing a tired defense mechanism or trying to save face, I'm just saying what my point is. If you somehow meant something else, clarify for me, because it looks like you're adding to the conversation with "Eileen is decent because you can give her a submachine gun."
Shacknasty
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Shacknasty »

What in the hell are you going on about? I'm not employing a tired defense mechanism or trying to save face, I'm just saying what my point is. If you somehow meant something else, clarify for me, because it looks like you're adding to the conversation with "Eileen is decent because you can give her a submachine gun."
Who exactly do you think you're trying to fool?

You could simply stop trying to pretend like I had a different point in order to weasel out of admitting you jumped the gun. Anybody with enough reading comprehension can figure that me bringing up the submachine gun wasn't to hold that as the sole reason she's better than Ashley. To repeat what was already said earlier (and in your typical fashion - purposely ignored) that tidbit was just an off topic comment simply saying she's badass when she uses it. *lightbulb*
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Shacknasty wrote:

You could simply stop trying to pretend like I had a different point in order to weasel out of admitting you jumped the gun. Anybody with enough reading comprehension can figure that me bringing up the submachine gun wasn't to hold that as the sole reason she's better than Ashley. To repeat what was already said earlier (and in your typical fashion - purposely ignored) that tidbit was just an off topic comment simply saying she's badass when she uses it. *lightbulb*
EVERYBODY'S GETTING MAD!!!
I LOVE FLAMEWARS, THEY AMUSE ME SO :mrgreen:
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Don't you have anything good to add to this conversation?

That said, I doubt you're 20.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Mephisto wrote:^Don't you have anything good to add to this conversation?

That said, I doubt you're 20.
What else could I POSSIBLY add to this conversation? You forget, this is not a "conversation," it is an Internet Argument.
Internet Arguments are like the Special Olympics: even if you win, you're still retarded.

And for the record, I'm NOT underage, I'm just very immature, like everyone ELSE on the internet
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The topic of comparing the two was going on in this thread for pages, contrasting their faults and their virtues. How the fuck am I supposed to know what you mean if you dont outright say it? I'm not psychic.
Shacknasty
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Shacknasty »

The topic of comparing the two was going on in this thread for pages, contrasting their faults and their virtues. How the fuck am I supposed to know what you mean if you dont outright say it? I'm not psychic.
Reading comprehension. Simple dilemma demands simple solution.