Eileen Nominated for Least Popular Character in Video Games

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Re: Eileen Nominated for Least Popular Character in Video Ga

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

I'm generally pretty careful with Eileen. I got the happy ending and saved her on Normal mode, it was definently a close shave though. Felt good.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Post by SHF »

Henry must of told her she looks fat or something..you know he can't hold his tongue...
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Adj
Just Passing Through

Post by Adj »

as l recall, all my playthroughs of 4 ended with both eileen and henry dead. what can l say, l was terrible at killing walter.
l was Adjectiveryan. Back from a long hiatus with a new name.
You can call me Adj.
Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Butcher Incarnate »

Eileen isn't so bad , its kind of fun seeing her possessed lol but annoying at the same time .
When Death Comes, It Comes For All.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

Now that I think of it, part of why I was so good at killing Walter might've been partly cause I had the strategy guide haha.
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

From a more objective aspect or at least from a SH perspective, the unpopular award is simply incoherent. From that point of view, the Least Pupular Character should be Henry. And Cynthia.
. . .
And, Jasper, Andrew, Richard and most of the characters from SH4. This is just a simple fact. SH4 characters are not supposed to be excessively emotionally beefy and heartbreaking like the previous ones. The story does not revolve around them, they are the direct reason of why the story develops. The characters from SH4 are simply a bland, empty asset. The main character here is Walter, and only Walter. And that is how it's supposed to be and not any other way.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

^ Cynthia? Her final scene was probably the best in the game. Henry sucked though, yeah. I don't hate the empty vessel idea, Harry was kinda like that, but Henry really bugged me.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^ Oh why exactly? Because "Room of Angels" was playing. Nothing amusing about someone bleeding to death.

Richard's death was the best. And not because he was a dick.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^For me, it was when she made a comment about drinking too much the previous night. I'm not saying it was my fav death scene in the game, but it was pretty good just based off of her voice acting. I never understood why she didn't get more credit. As corny and "FUCK ME NOW" as her lines were, she delivered them beautifully imo. You could hear the pain in her voice. Just gorgeous.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

I didn't say it was amusing, I said it was sad. I don't think any scene after that made me care as much. Room of Angel playing probably did help a little bit. But her death scene was really the only one that did anything for me. I'm afraid Jasper's was somewhat amusing, and the rest just didn't matter to me, except for the Apartment one that didn't really count anyway. After Cynthia though, I don't really care about another scene until you find Walter in the wall.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^ No, you said it was "probably the best". :wink:
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

Doctor Eggnog wrote:^ Cynthia? Her final scene was probably the best in the game.
I was trying to describe the general reasoning of SH4 characters, usually conceived as poorly developed.

As much as it regards Cynthia, I believe too much attention was concentrated in her. I don't know if there's a specific reason to it but I think the depiction of the scene was too elaborated and that a song about conflictive emotions towards a mother does not fit a simple dying slut. Moreover, a similiar scene would suit better Eileen, as she is a more important character and, in fact, symbolizes the Holy Mother Reborn.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

As much as it regards Cynthia, I believe too much attention was concentrated in her.
Her murder theme was Temptation. Perhaps the attention was for this purpose.
Moreover, a similiar scene would suit better Eileen, as she is a more important character and, in fact, symbolizes the Holy Mother Reborn
Exactly. I always thought this song was off in that scene as well. Plus, she's the only character that gets a song while dying. The others don't. Again, maybe it's because of her murder theme...
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

Mephisto wrote:Her murder theme was Temptation.
And Jasper's murder theme was Source . . . and Andrew's Watchfullness . . . and Richard's Chaos. What's the difference? Why should the theme of a chick that once rejected him be more important than one of a fatso, who used to kick his ass, or of a young child that made him feel loved for the first time in his life, at least for a moment. I mean: What? Bigger are the boobs of a character, longer a cutcene it gets?
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

You completely missed what I was trying to say. Whatever.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

"she's the only character that gets a song while dying"

Probably cause she's the first one and it still feels all shocking and important. Probably also why the scene is so long and focued on and such.
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

Mephisto wrote:You completely missed what I was trying to say. Whatever.
Well, I apologize if I misinterpreted your statement. I understood that you highlighted Temptation as a cause to the grand attention. Would you mind correcting me if I got something wrong?
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

She may not be very popular, but I think she's pretty damn hot as far as video game women go lol..

Still, I felt like every character had their own little place a reason for being in SH4 and I wouldn't want them to change a thing!
revalations 23:16
the konami code
Just Passing Through

Post by the konami code »

Reallyyyy???? Ashley is friggin annoying. At least, Eileen tries to fight along side of you