Eileen Nominated for Least Popular Character in Video Games

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Droo

Eileen Nominated for Least Popular Character in Video Games

Post by Droo »

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3181014

Haha. And she's going up against Ashley from Resident Evil 4.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: Eileen Nominated for Least Popular Character in Video Ga

Post by Uyrikeustek »

I thought Eileen was annoying, yes, but I don't think that she deserves that. If anyone in the Silent Hill Series deserves that spot, it's that freakin' radio host in Silent Hill 2. Either that or Laura. She did absolutely NOTHING to help and was just a pain. At least Eileen could fight and she didn't play any tricks on you that wasted your time. And she's kinda hot.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Post by Typographenia »

What is this madness?!

Eileen may be a little annoying at times, but she is by no means in the same level of pain as most of the others.
Also, list is invalidated by Dan Hibiki and Tingle. They're awesome, and the world will one day learn that.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

Yeah, I actually rather like Eileen. Ashley, on the other hand, is pretty annoying. And yes, Tingle is very cool. But haters gonna hate.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Good. She's worthless. In every way imaginable.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

Ashely was 10 times more annoying than Eileen....her voice...the way she tried to hit on leon was just..agggh. I actually liked eileen...outside of her baby-sitting levels, she seemed like a down to earth person.
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

Even though Eileen was beaten to a pulp by Walter, she at least attempted to fight back. Ashley on the other hand is totally useless. Screaming "Leon, help!" is not an effective defence. Wailing on some monstrosity with a handbag is slightly better.

Though I wonder how exactly that list was picked when Aeris, Boris & Akiba are on it. It's as if they want to attract a flame war.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Laura isn't listed there? SERIOUSLY?!

This should be interesting ...
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Shadow wrote:Even though Eileen was beaten to a pulp by Walter, she at least attempted to fight back. Ashley on the other hand is totally useless. Screaming "Leon, help!" is not an effective defence. Wailing on some monstrosity with a handbag is slightly better.
Not when what she's wailing on is immortal, damages her (and you) without attacking, and distracts her so much that she doesn't even leave the room with you (and so takes on more damage). And let's not even talk about dual-wielding Walter.

At least Ashley can follow simple directions. Eileen, meanwhile... ugh, you have to actually take her handbag away before she'll listen.
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

Kenji wrote:
Shadow wrote:Even though Eileen was beaten to a pulp by Walter, she at least attempted to fight back. Ashley on the other hand is totally useless. Screaming "Leon, help!" is not an effective defence. Wailing on some monstrosity with a handbag is slightly better.
Not when what she's wailing on is immortal, damages her (and you) without attacking, and distracts her so much that she doesn't even leave the room with you (and so takes on more damage). And let's not even talk about dual-wielding Walter.

At least Ashley can follow simple directions. Eileen, meanwhile... ugh, you have to actually take her handbag away before she'll listen.
True, Eileen is a pain when she's attempting to take on Walter and/or when she's possessed, but at least against some enemies like the dogs, she can competently take them on. Ashley on the other hand can't manage even that. Can she use a gun? No. Can she at least stop the Ganados from carrying her off like a sack of spuds by kicking them in the family jewels? No, she just cowers and practically waits for them to pick her up. The only time she does so is during the part where you play as her and she can throw lanterns at the Ganados.

Plus, she walks straight into an obvious trap. Admittedly Eileen does this as well, but Eileen was actually possessed when she did it. Ashley on the other hand was being silly.
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

I know Eileen was a pain in the butt at times, but she's nothing like Ashley. Ashley is very, very annoying. Eileen can fight for herself, took one hell of a beating and lived to tell the tale, and doesn't screech "Leon! Heeeeeelp!" or let herself get carried off my monks.
Keiko
Just Passing Through

Post by Keiko »

Oh man what is Gex doing there? And Eileen wasn't annoying at all. I don't know is the Eileen's AI better in PAL version but she's just hot shield for Henry when I played through SH4...
Sorry for my bad english...
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

Eileen wasn't so bad. I mean she wasn't really annoying or anything just kind of average. Ashely was damn annoying though, i really didn't care to save her, but since that's the only way you can progress in the game i was forced to.
Ravager
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Ravager »

Come on! Eileen kicked ass with a handbag while Ashley was only good at hiding in dumpsters.
But seriously, Eileen never gave me any real trouble when playing Silent Hill 4. There are a lot more annoying characters out there. The only thing that pissed me off was that she couldn't climb a ladder, or jump down (like Ashley) and you had to find another way around for her.
Droo

Post by Droo »

I'm surprised Sheva from Resident Evil 5 isn't there.

STOP using your damn handgun! I gave you an assault rifle with tons of ammo! NO, don't use a healing herb on me for minor scratches! Gah!
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

*villager walks up to Ashely*
Ashley: LEON, HEEEELP!
Leon: Fuck you.
Ashley is stabbed in the left testicle by a villager.

I actually find Eileen to be more annoying than Ashely. At least Ashely actually follows you around. You'd only hate Ashley if you didn't know what you were doing at the time. Eileen gives me and Henry headaches.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Ashley is stabbed in the left testicle by a villager.
Ashley is a shemale?

The more you know. . .
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

^Now we know why she didn't want Leon to look up her skirt in the church. :lol:
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Maria and Elle are a lot more annoying that Eyleen... Eyleen is the goddess who rocks my world...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH79tHqjC1k
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

Actually i agree with droo sheva really pissed me off. I hated how she always had to pick up EVERY DAMN ITEM in the game. I don't need stupid flash bang grenades leave them alone. Or one time when i got grabbed by the infected people and i'm hitting the button yelling for help and all she says is "you can't be serious!"