Vocal Tracks

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Droo

Re: Vocal Tracks

Post by Droo »

By belittling the music and the lyrics and expressing astonishment at the prospect that anyone could connect to it and be moved by it, you're by extension belittling the people who have said it does.

All I ask is that you consider how your words might make others feel. If you don't like the vocal tracks that's entirely within your right to feel. There's no need to post negatively just to make those that do like them feel bad or angry.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>you're by extension belittling the people who have said it does.<
But you're by extension insulting me for liking far inferior music like Sleepytime Gorilla Museum because it's far more technical than emotional and I don't like the way you're making me feel.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SilentWren
Historical Society Historian

Post by SilentWren »

The Adversary wrote:>you're by extension belittling the people who have said it does.<
But you're by extension insulting me for liking far inferior music like Sleepytime Gorilla Museum because it's far more technical than emotional and I don't like the way you're making me feel.
The only thing I could think after reading this was "HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED!!!"

EDIT: I apologize for getting off topic with this posting. I was new and inexperienced with the forum rules at the time. Thank you.
Last edited by SilentWren on 20 Sep 2010, edited 1 time in total.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Droo

Post by Droo »

Fascinating. It turns out that moderators at this site are chosen by watery binters lobbing scimitars at people.
The Adversary wrote:>you're by extension belittling the people who have said it does.<
And thus, by experiencing the pain he inflicted on others, the wise but insensitive man realized the error of his ways, and his heart grew three sizes that day. Applause applause applause

It's a veritable modern day fable.
Lives in the mirror"
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I don't live in a Hans Christian Anderson story.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Droo

Post by Droo »

No, it's more like you live in a testosterone fueled male version of "Mean Girls".
Lives in the mirror"
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

My favorite vocal track from 4 is Cradle of Forest, by far. The lyrics are my favorite thing about it, but I also like the sound. I'm kind of fond of Romersa's rough singing. I like the song Hometown even more, but we're not talking about SH3. :P
Jigsaws apprentice
Just Passing Through

Post by Jigsaws apprentice »

I love the SH4 soundtrack, and every song fits the mood perfectly. Room of an Angel is the most atomspheric track but the song I love most is waiting for you.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Miette
Just Passing Through

Post by Miette »

I enjoy almost all the music from any and all Silent Hill soundtracks. And "Letter From The Lost Days" does in fact make me tear up :]
If the children don't grow up, our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Post by SHF »

SilentWren wrote:For some reason, Cradle of Forrest invoked in me a sense that it was talking about the Native American tribe being watched by, perhaps, their sacred spirits. (I'm not saying it was by design, that's just what I gathered from it)

The "children" in the song are obviously connected to the wildlife in a fashion, and are being watched. That's just my take.
Ah. Cradle of Forest.... Would of been a good song..if Romersa did not sing in it at all.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Miette
Just Passing Through

Post by Miette »

Nikkolas wrote:Waiting For You - This one is about SH2 so I have no idea why it's here but it is. It's an okay song I guess? I kinda like the beat and chorus but it's not very remarkable for me.
Sorry if I'm getting off-topic here, but Waiting For You isn't a SH2 song. It's definitely a SH4 song. "Mom's gone to Heaven now; why won't she come back down?"
If the children don't grow up, our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.