soundtrack (different discussion)

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

MetallicaManiac
Just Passing Through

soundtrack (different discussion)

Post by MetallicaManiac »

I bought all Silent Hill soundtracks last month but one thing is bugging me. My friend pre-ordered SH4, and in doing so he got a different version of the soundtrack. I borrowed it, put it on my computer, and mburned myself a copy. But the sound quality sucks, and I only found the 2-disc original soundtrack online and bought it. But I couldn't find the one my friend had anywhere. Does anyone know if the version my friend has is being sold anywhere? And I mean official sites. I don't want to download or get bootlegs of it. Can I still buy this version or was it just for those who pre-ordered the game. I know both soundtracks have the same songs. But the pre-order version had songs that i liked that weren't on the 2-disc one. Thanks for any tips you guys give me.
"How come when it's us, it's an abortion......and when it's a chicken, it's an omlette?" - George Carlin
Littlestardweller
Historical Society Historian

Post by Littlestardweller »

I think the one that he has is the little extra that came with the game when you pre-ordered it in the U.S. The 2-disc one from Konamistyle Japan is the official one..
...that all my life I've been rushing up and down hills, leaping rivers, crashing over obstacles,
never dreaming that one day that beautiful thing in flight would land on this earth and into my arms
MetallicaManiac
Just Passing Through

Post by MetallicaManiac »

Littlestardweller wrote:I think the one that he has is the little extra that came with the game when you pre-ordered it in the U.S. The 2-disc one from Konamistyle Japan is the official one..
Yeah, that's what he got. Do they give those out or sell them anymore or am I just stuck with the 2-disc? Not that I don't like it, I'd just like to buy the other soundtrack too.
"How come when it's us, it's an abortion......and when it's a chicken, it's an omlette?" - George Carlin
LaraeGunn
Subway Guard

Post by LaraeGunn »

When I pre-ordered the game, they were out so I didn't get mine...as far as I know, you can't buy it, so maybe scour (gulp) Ebay?
Good luck, I hope ya find it.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

check the user/site "animunga" on half.com.. i got my silent hill 2 soundtrack from them within a few days

..what's with this two-disc version? i pre-ordered mine (sorta') at gamestop, and i got a twenty-track silent hill 4 soundtrack *loves it* .. but you guys got me curious about this two-discer.. any different songs? track-listing, anyone :?:
Lexicon
Just Passing Through

Post by Lexicon »

I have a question about SH4 OST (2cd version) and cba to make new thread about it so I'll use this one.

So, I got SH4 OST some time ago, and today when I listened the song "Waiting for you LIVE version" I was suprised that when song ended they started playing the intro of "Silent Hill theme".
I was wondering is there some Silent hill Live concert CD? Or is there some band that plays Silent Hill covers? I tried to gather information from google but didnt found anything.
AngelsWhisper
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AngelsWhisper »

I don't think so, I think it was just put on as a teaser or something. But I don't know for sure.
"Gee it's as hot as hell in here."
"For me, it's always like this..."

[url=http://www.urban-butterfly.co.uk/][img]http://www.urban-butterfly.co.uk/images/banner02.gif[/img][/url]
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

There isn't any live cd. That was put there for "shits and giggles" so to speak.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

yes, I was screwed out of my copy of the SH4 soundtrack when I preordered it. It wasn't packaged with the game itself, like SH3 had (excellently might I say), but I believe it came seperately. But yes, the quality is much lower than that of the official soundtrack from Konami. Good buy though, as are all of the SH sountracks.
DeSilva
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by DeSilva »

eh, honeslty i like alot of SH4 music. the only game that had better music in my opinion was Sh2. as far as getting the soundtrack, the one i received was extreamly pathetic. i raised hell and got a better one... :twisted:
Goodbye Silent HIll!
(Please Mr. Admin, banish me)
put_here_2_feel_joy
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by put_here_2_feel_joy »

Does anybody know what the old man is saying on the second disk? I know he's telling a story.. Its killing me that I don't know. WHAT IF IT EXPLAINS THE MEANING OF LIFE?! Well.. at least Silent Hill. :lol: (<--worst smilie ever?)

Can anybody translate? I can't be the only one wondering.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/Dredge_/sunsetcopy.jpg[/img]
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

put_here_2_feel_joy wrote:

Can anybody translate?

not me man and i havent found any translations to that odd ost so far...wish this blabbin could be removed, some melodys there are indeed uniq, not availble on any other ost
Watchdog

Post by Watchdog »

Lexicon wrote:I have a question about SH4 OST (2cd version) and cba to make new thread about it so I'll use this one.

So, I got SH4 OST some time ago, and today when I listened the song "Waiting for you LIVE version" I was suprised that when song ended they started playing the intro of "Silent Hill theme".
I was wondering is there some Silent hill Live concert CD? Or is there some band that plays Silent Hill covers? I tried to gather information from google but didnt found anything.
You must've never heard a live performance. Waiting For You was fake as a fuck.
Yahzee
Just Passing Through

Post by Yahzee »

There is no "LIVE" version of Waiting for You, it´s just a fake "live version" that one in the CD. The Silent Hill theme touch nice, but also fake.

And yep. That guy with the story is drivin me crazy!!! I might learn Japanese just to know what heñs talking about :D
[url=http://silenthillmemories.co.nr/][img]http://filexoom.com/files/2007/1/10/52670/sh.jpg[/img][/url]
Solidishness
Just Passing Through

Post by Solidishness »

Question!
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
What is the name of that simple melody that play toward the end of Silent Hill 4 when you're on the second floor, just before you go down to the first floor. Right before the Six Chains puzzle/thing.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/solid_sephiroth/SolidishnessSignature.jpg[/img]
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Typically these questions are asked in the Stickied "Track Identification" thread... but I'm afraid I don't know the answer. I don't think it was even officially released: a lot of the music you hear in the game wasn't.
Solidishness
Just Passing Through

Post by Solidishness »

Ok, sorry Krist. I never know where to post these off topic technical questions....
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/solid_sephiroth/SolidishnessSignature.jpg[/img]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

"Resting Comfortably."
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

No worries. It's a pretty daunting experience, being new to a forum. Gotta learn sometime, eh?

And as it turns out I know jack about the soundtrack! Thanks Adversary. Turns out it was released after all.
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

Where exactly can a person purchase a copy of the soundtrack?