wow.....

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

jeremyjh
Just Passing Through

wow.....

Post by jeremyjh »

What a piece of crap Silent Hill 4 is I recently got 3 for Christmas and beat it so I thought well 4 is gonna be awesome so I went to the store to buy it and boy am I depressed over it I honestly couldn't beat it I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! The ghosts, stupid plot, fail in a creepy atmosphere , 2 Bosses and just damn well everything does anyone no why this is?
http://www.youtube.com/user/jeremyjh13? ... BjX2Y0gNrc- Survival Horror Game Library
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Re: wow.....

Post by Vixx »

jeremyjh wrote:What a piece of crap Silent Hill 4 is I recently got 3 for Christmas and beat it so I thought well 4 is gonna be awesome so I went to the store to buy it and boy am I depressed over it I honestly couldn't beat it I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! The ghosts, stupid plot, fail in a creepy atmosphere , 2 Bosses and just damn well everything does anyone no why this is?
I'll give you the crappy gameplay and mechanics, but "stupid plot"? Really? This is my favourite plot of all after SH2. Whilst some levels are undoubtedly better than others, I thought that there were plenty of creepy places and jumps and scares. The enemy design itself is absolutely incredible.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
jeremyjh
Just Passing Through

Post by jeremyjh »

Vixx wrote:
jeremyjh wrote:What a piece of crap Silent Hill 4 is I recently got 3 for Christmas and beat it so I thought well 4 is gonna be awesome so I went to the store to buy it and boy am I depressed over it I honestly couldn't beat it I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! The ghosts, stupid plot, fail in a creepy atmosphere , 2 Bosses and just damn well everything does anyone no why this is?
I'll give you the crappy gameplay and mechanics, but "stupid plot"? Really? This is my favorite plot of all after SH2. Whilst some levels are undoubtedly better than others, I thought that there were plenty of creepy places and jumps and scares. The enemy design itself is absolutely incredible.
Ok I will give you that the enemy designs were rather creepy and areal but the characters reminded me of FF7's Cloud and Septhroth they had NO EMOTION whats so ever and characters is the 2nd most important thing that adds tot he story the plot being the first. I do like victims thing though that was nicely set up I just hope Silent Hill Downpour is a lot better then SH4.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jeremyjh13? ... BjX2Y0gNrc- Survival Horror Game Library
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Post by SHF »

I know there's a thread concerning the likes/dislikes of this very game....
" Do you think they could of improved silent hill 4?" by- simanelo.
There you go.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
jeremyjh
Just Passing Through

Post by jeremyjh »

No I was asking if there was a person that got replaced in the crew or something not what I dislike and like.
Droo

Post by Droo »

jeremyjh wrote:No I was asking if there was a person that got replaced in the crew or something not what I dislike and like.
Where in the wall of text that was your original post did you ask that specifically? You just asked if anyone "no why this is".

I think 4's atmosphere is up there with the original as the best. It's SO oppressive and the environments have a squishy, fetal/biological feel that is just absolutely disgusting to me. It makes my skin crawl.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

...how old are you?

Maybe if you hate it so much you should keep your thoughts silent. Silent....Silent Hill....get it? /corny joke

I'm not defending the game that has mixed opinions, but I don't think you should make a rant topic either...
Dr-G0nz0
Just Passing Through

Post by Dr-G0nz0 »

simeonalo wrote:...how old are you?

Maybe if you hate it so much you should keep your thoughts silent. Silent....Silent Hill....get it? /corny joke

I'm not defending the game that has mixed opinions, but I don't think you should make a rant topic either...
I agree. We're all on a Silent Hill forum, and feel you shouldn't be so abrupt with naive opinions, as it might offend fans of SH4, such as myself :P.
"Oh, you think darkness is your ally. You merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING! " -Bane
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

I'm sorry, but you lost me at this point.

Every silent hill game is quite different from the other. Chances are there might be one or two you don't like much. I, for one, really disliked origins. You might just give it time before playing 4 again. Try approaching it from the mindset that this isn't anything like silent hill 3. You might find yourself enjoying it more if you lose the expectation of it fitting neatly into the franchise like some other franchises like halo, zelda, or something.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Actually, the let's player L0rdVega on YouTube made a really good point with his SH4 review, if you don't consider it to be a Silent Hill game (or at least a game that defines your version of a "Silent Hill" game) it's much more easier to enjoy, and I feel that the same applies to me with Homecoming and Origins:)
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'm starting to wonder about this guy. I can find very few posts where he's not bitching about the original games as if baiting people.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Personally I love Silent Hill 4. But it can be a very frustrating game and it's been controversial since before it even came out.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

I'm not much of a fan of Silent Hill 4, was only able to beat it a couple of times, but that rant was rather juvinile. The game had a good story, it just wasn't told very well. The combat can occasionally be enjoyable, I like the axe in general plus the special move of the shovel. That squishy look to the levels just bothered me though, and the atmosphere didn't scare me. But yeah, I don't think this was a very well-developed thread. When I read that first post my throught was, to reply right back at you:

wow.....
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

I personally feel that this is a great game, and think it's not as popular because it doesn't fit in with the other titles and mimic their better features. One thing I like about this series is in these later titles, like 4, Origins and Shattered Memories (Can't speak for Homecoming), the makers are trying to do new things with the games. At any rate, this is one of my favorite games of the series and I love the storyline that goes along with it :)
Xev

Post by Xev »

I agree MariaRising, 4 is great and while said many times it isnt exactly like the other games in that you do not have a flashlight etc but it still a fabulous game. Its what Im playing right now in fact and Im enjoying it very much... again!

"2 Bosses and just damn well everything does anyone no why this is?"
lol what?

You should definitely come back to this game later if it frustrated you this badly. I find things Ive never seen/heard every time I play this game. I liked the room and the fact you could get back there through all the worlds and usually something is different every time you go there. Its fun.
Maybe this type of thing does not interest you.
I also would like to know your definition of atmosphere as I thought each world and the room itself were successful in making me "feel" a certain way while there. I would say the building world was my least favorite but even there you have some cool unexpected things go on.
SHF

Post by SHF »

simeonalo wrote:...how old are you?

especially when there is one already posted, just a few topics down.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Why do you people even bother with posting on this thread, right here?

It looks like he/she is trying to enrage someone just for the "lulz". . .
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

Mephisto wrote:Why do you people even bother with posting on this thread, right here?

It looks like he/she is trying to enrage someone just for the "lulz". . .
True, but if we return it with a level headed response we can potentially make it into a better (or actual) discussion. I guess.

After looking at the youtube channel in their signature, I am beginning to wonder if they are of age for the forum as well, Simeonalo...
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

I'm going to translate first:
jeremyjh wrote: I'm disappointed with Silent Hill 4:The Room.
I recently got Silent Hill 3 as a Christmas gift. After beating it (and enjoying it greatly!), I had assumed that SH4 would be similar. Sadly, no. I didn't even bother finishing it because I disliked it so greatly.
Specifically I hated the ghosts, the silly plot, and the lack of a creepy atmosphere. I also disliked two of the bosses--well, I just disliked almost every aspect of this game.
SH4 isn't quite what I was expecting. It seems rather different from the other Silent Hill games I've enjoyed before it. Does anyone know why The Room is so different?
To answer your question, they just felt like doing different things with it. It took me a while to warm up to 4 myself, but it's not really too horrible of a game if you know how to ration your anti-ghost supplies.

Either read some strategies online, or go buy the guide. If you get a better understanding of the game as a whole, it might be easier for you to enjoy/beat it.
If this still doesn't work, then no biggy. You're entitled to dislike 4 just as much as everyone who likes it.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Pleasant Sinner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Pleasant Sinner »

^I'm in agreement with SilentWren's post. And if you heavily dislike THIS game, then I'd suggest renting (emphasis on RENT) Shattered Memories because it strays just as far away from the earlier games in its own way as did 4. But that's what makes this game (as well as SM) all the more special storywise (imo)!