Does Henry have a mental disease?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

lain of the wired
Historical Society Historian
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Re: Does Henry have a mental disease?

Post by lain of the wired »

^It's been discussed at length.
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
DarkReign27
Subway Guard

Post by DarkReign27 »

He's like the exact way I am in person, I guess I have a mental disease if people think he does I don't like how people relate to these things as disease it's just different for a "norm" I am not lying or kidding at all he is almost 100% acting like I am everyday that is why I respected his character the most I can relate to his character so much because he is exactly like me and it's been this way all my life. I don't know how it came to be they'd choose a person like that for a main but they pulled it off so well I found he's different. I never saw it as disease because it's the way I am, that's not good I guess? :O Not angry with post though seen this stuff before just wondering why it's called a "disease".

"Cheryl ? Is that Cheryl !?"
|
SH Tributes Part 0 to 5 at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DarkR27
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

It's called a 'disease' because handing out totally qualified diagnoses makes one sound profound.
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

DarkReign27 wrote:He's like the exact way I am in person, I guess I have a mental disease if people think he does I don't like how people relate to these things as disease it's just different for a "norm" I am not lying or kidding at all he is almost 100% acting like I am everyday that is why I respected his character the most I can relate to his character so much because he is exactly like me and it's been this way all my life. I don't know how it came to be they'd choose a person like that for a main but they pulled it off so well I found he's different. I never saw it as disease because it's the way I am, that's not good I guess? :O Not angry with post though seen this stuff before just wondering why it's called a "disease".

Well i agree it's not a disease. But are you telling me you would really act the same way you do everyday if you suddenly got locked in your apartment with no way out except for a giant hole in the bathroom that leads to strange worlds with monsters that try to kill you?
lain of the wired

Be fair: not a single fucking one of us has been attacked by ghosts, monster worms, dead cultist demigods or whatnot. You have no way of objectively saying NUH-UH YOU'D BE ALL LIEK DIS CUS DIS IS HOW IT HAPPENS b/c it hasn't, ever. I, for one, would simply sit down where I was the first time I witness a severed head float past the window, and give the fuck up. Not sobbing, not screaming, not even raging... I'm just sitting down on the floor until the possessed fridgecat head comes and devours my soul. The day shit what defies physics and logic on every possible level happens, I'm done with everything ever: I'm sitting on the floor with a bottle of vodka and laugh/crying 'til I keel the fuck over.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Pfft, clearly you have Avoidant Personality Disorder and want to commit suicide and you're just waiting for the excuse, Lain. You don't have the courage to do it because you were raped.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
lain of the wired

^Fuck... Was it that obvious?

: (
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

Be fair: not a single fucking one of us has been attacked by ghosts, monster worms, dead cultist demigods or whatnot.
How would you know? Oooh burn!
You have no way of objectively saying NUH-UH YOU'D BE ALL LIEK DIS CUS DIS IS HOW IT HAPPENS b/c it hasn't, ever. I, for one, would simply sit down where I was the first time I witness a severed head float past the window, and give the fuck up. Not sobbing, not screaming, not even raging... I'm just sitting down on the floor until the possessed fridgecat head comes and devours my soul. The day shit what defies physics and logic on every possible level happens, I'm done with everything ever: I'm sitting on the floor with a bottle of vodka and laugh/crying 'til I keel the fuck over.
It's not so much me saying how someone would act as it is me saying that it wouldn't be normal for a person to act THAT calm. I mean i'm not saying they would have to be like "OH LAWD THERE'S FUCKING GHOST AND DOGS AND THIS REALLY HOT CHICK SUDDENLY EXPLODED IN A PILE OF BLOOD WHAT THE HELL!" It's just that when DarkReign said he acts the same way henry does every day, i was just pointing out that while that's not a big deal it would be kind of strange to act the same way you do everyday in that kind of situation. Sure it doesn't mean you have a disease to act like that in that kind of situation, but i would say it's probably not the norm. Ever seen the show scare tactics? It's a show where unsuspecting people get set up to get the shit scared out of them(they go all out with crazy special effects too) I have never seen one episode where a person acted THAT calm. Most people act way different when they're scared. I mean even when you said how you would act in that scenario, i imagine that's way different than the way you act in your everyday life. At least, i hope it is. . . :shock:

I'm honestly not sure how i would act in that scenario. I like to think im badass so i would most likely go around beating up monsters with pipes and slicing up ghost with swords of obedience like im dante from devil may cry. Yeah, that sounds about right to me.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

OH LAWD THERE'S FUCKING GHOST
I died!
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

^I'd pay to see that. >>' I mean wut?
Springs02 wrote:Ever seen the show scare tactics? It's a show where unsuspecting people get set up to get the shit scared out of them(they go all out with crazy special effects too) I have never seen one episode where a person acted THAT calm. Most people act way different when they're scared. I mean even when you said how you would act in that scenario, i imagine that's way different than the way you act in your everyday life.
Ahhh, I used to love that show. I always wanted to be on it but secretly was glad I wasn't. The only problem w/ that show was some of the scenarios were built up specific to the person. Accomplice says target is terrified of aliens? ALIEN INVASION!!! Also, not everyone acted shittin' brix scared. Quiet a few of them went to fight vs. flight. I can recall 2 people very clearly that attacked the actors instead of panicking.

And Henry wasn't the only one not to be taken aback by the monsters of SH. Alex one freaked out once or twice. If it were me, you can bet there would be a thick tapestry of woven curses over SH should I be there. It doesn't take much to get my 4-lettered words flowing, a giant monster or hideous creature would have no problem bringing out words. Alex on the other hand "Hey... ah. It is on me." *yawn*
SPRINGS02

Post by SPRINGS02 »

^Yeah im not sure how i would act on that show. It's a great concept though, my favorite one is when a guy thinks he's gonna prank this older guy by having him cut somebody's hair and have it start bleeding, but when he does the older guy fakes a heart attack. They have police officers and everything it was great. But anyway it still proves my point, yeah you're right not everybody shit themselves and flipped out. As you said some had fight or flight response, but I don't remember anybody ever acting like "what the hell, that's kind of weird, ah well i don't really care" in the way henry did.

And yeah alex didn't really act to startled either, honestly the only protagonist to actually somewhat freak out about the monster is heather. IMO she acted the most realistically.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Considering Henry is locked in his apartment...I don't think he's going to be making a lot of friends while he's confined in his apartment. I think that kills his sex life, too. I mean, if you've got a freaky dead guy chasing after you, and his kid form is stalking you, I think sex is going to be the last thing on your mind.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:Considering Henry is locked in his apartment...I don't think he's going to be making a lot of friends while he's confined in his apartment. I think that kills his sex life, too. I mean, if you've got a freaky dead guy chasing after you, and his kid form is stalking you, I think sex is going to be the last thing on your mind.
And you'd be wrong.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^Wait, wut?

I just got a horrible image in my head of Henry cradling a dying Cynthia in his arms and saying "NO! You can't die.....I never got my special favor."
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

^ Hey, there are worse images.

"You want something done, you take care of it, yourself."

*zip*
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^-Lol'd-
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Zeraylph
Just Passing Through

Post by Zeraylph »

SilentWren wrote:^Wait, wut?

I just got a horrible image in my head of Henry cradling a dying Cynthia in his arms and saying "NO! You can't die.....I never got my special favor."
xD

I know Henry would rather have it from Eileen.
Jirachi!!!! Make a Wish!
SPRINGS02

Post by SPRINGS02 »

^Can't blame him, cynthia was hot but she seemed a little slutty, also her eyes were kind of creepy looking. Eileen was hotter and had that "cute girl next door that you just wanna spy on all the time through a hole in your living room" kind of vibe to her.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

SPRINGS02 wrote:^Can't blame him, cynthia was hot but she seemed a little slutty, also her eyes were kind of creepy looking. Eileen was hotter and had that "cute girl next door that you just wanna spy on all the time through a hole in your living room" kind of vibe to her.

Yeah...i agree about Cynthia...she was a bit of a hot tamale`....and tru enough i'd take Eileen over her. I did like how Cynthia felt that her experience was just a dream. I've done that quite a few times when i dream...in that when i'm sleeping and i actually realize that i'm in a dream, i'll say something to the folks in the dream like "you know we're in a dream right?".....and they would stare at me like i was crazy...:D....

Ha... it seems like your brain doesn't know what to do when you realize that you're dreaming in the actual dream itself....well i take that back...if i said that to somebody in real life, they probably WOULD look at me like i was crazy...:)...meh i went a bit off-topic there.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Since the main topic of this thread is basically just an extension of the "Is Henry a sociopath?" thread, there's really no reason to keep this open. If you want to discuss the possibility that Henry's psychologically abnormal, please take the discussion to the original thread.