PC Controls

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Katcetera
Just Passing Through

PC Controls

Post by Katcetera »

Is there any way to rotate the camera in 3rd person view? 1sr person is fine, but 3rd is awful. I can't even seen enemies behind me. Also, how do you actually equip a weapon? This game has me so confused about the controls. They're awful! I've tried customizing, but I still can't find anything that works well for me. It's very uncomfortable to play compared to the other games :(
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Re: PC Controls

Post by alone in the town »

There isn't. The 2D style controls this game has requires a fixed camera angle to work. Unfortunately, the angles aren't fixed enough, and it's one of the reasons this control scheme hurts to use.

People hate tank controls, but they work much better in games with dynamic camera angles, or when the angles change radically for purposes of atmosphere (which happens a lot in these games).
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

if l remember correctly, you have to be in a level, not the apartment to actually equip a weapon. once you get used to the switching of perspectives the game is cake.
Katcetera
Just Passing Through

Post by Katcetera »

Well, it is disappointing after just coming off of SH 1-3 controls and angles. I'm also sad there isn't a quick save feature, that was a big help. Thanks for the response guys! Guess I will just have to practice. :lol:
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

not a problem. just remember that sh4 wasn't supposed to be a sh to begin with! *prepares self for flames and trolls*
pink_isnt_well000
Historical Society Historian

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

I think that ship has sailed. We have been over that a million times.