Footsteps In The Water Prison?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Footsteps In The Water Prison?

Post by Butcher Incarnate »

Sorry if this has been discussed before but somebody ever wonder who walks around checking the cells? Could it be walter? I don't think its andrew because he's locked in a cell for a while..
When Death Comes, It Comes For All.
PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

Re: Footsteps In The Water Prison?

Post by PoemOfTheLastMoment »

It's Andrew DeSalvo. It's supposed to be Walter's memory of DeSalvo terrorizing the kids as a child. It's subtle touches like these that show how well thought the first four games were and how the new games are just piss poor imitations in comparison.
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

You also can see when he peeks through the peep hole if the lights are on... That's creepy...
Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Butcher Incarnate »

Yea I agree , the first game I played was origins, then 4 3 2 1 I went backwards lol but that's when I noticed that 1 through 4 has way more small detail than the newer games, even sh1 which was a ps1 game had more detail than origins
When Death Comes, It Comes For All.
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by teosoleil »

I beg to differ. I believe Shattered Memories was a Silent Hill game if extreme amounts of detail that pertain to the story, with the psyche system and all the references and what not.
Esperandote
Just Passing Through

Post by Esperandote »

I love that in the first 4 games a bunch of locations and characters are inspired by documents found in earlier games, giving the series (the first four) an excellent sense of continuity. In this case, the circular stone tower is mentioned in that article on Hope House in Silent Hill 3. Also, Walter Sullivan being the murderer mentioned in Silent Hill 2 on several occasions.

Anyway, when I replayed all the games a year ago in order, I totally geeked out when I read that thing about the tower. It was the first time I ever realized that the water prison in part 4 was the thing it was talking about. Then, when I played part 4 and I got to that part, I had a much better understanding of where I was and what had happened there.
SAIRENT HIRU no uta minna de utaou!