Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 14 Dec 2017




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Could Cynthia be pregnant?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jan 2010
Notes left: 72
Last seen at: Curry,Alabama
I looked for a thread like this but I couldn't find one. I was replaying 4 when I got to the scene where she's about to throw up. I noticed that a reason is never really given for why shes sick. She acts fine when Henry first meets her so it probably isn't from a hangover and she didn't seem to see anything disgusting yet. So the reason I think shes pregnant is because it fits her personality and her role in the 21 sacraments as a temptress. Cynthia doesn't really seem like the kind of person who would handle sex that safely does she? Well what do you think?

_________________
Anyone ever wonder how nice the real version of Silent Hill is?


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Could Cynthia be pregnant?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7971
Last seen at: Nowhere
I think everyone noticed that she was sick but since it isn't quite relevant (i.e nobody cares about the secondary characters of The Room) people seem to don't think anything about the vomit.

Yeah, interesting theory but I don't think that's possible. No in-game evidence, you know. But it's fun to speculate. Sometimes it brings interesting, and refreshing things regarding the games.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Moderator
 Post subject: Re: Could Cynthia be pregnant?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
I believe you may have skipped over a few hundred less extreme possible causes for mild nausea.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Could Cynthia be pregnant?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11379
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Also, given the tremendous womb/pregnancy/motherhood themes throughout the game, it would've come up if it was at all the case.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: Could Cynthia be pregnant?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Aug 2010
Notes left: 565
Last seen at: Nathan Ave.
What everyone said, plus . . .
REDGRAVE65 wrote:
So the reason I think shes pregnant is because it fits her personality and her role in the 21 sacraments as a temptress.
How does temptation fit into "pregnant chick puking in toilet"? I mean, I would get it if you mentioned Eileen, but Cynthia? There is nothing tempting about a pregnant woman who is about to puke. At least not to me, but . . . everyone their tastes.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Could Cynthia be pregnant?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7971
Last seen at: Nowhere
^ I believe he said that, because of her role, she'd have plenty of people to mate with.
Therefore a lusty young woman who seduces and fucks everyone = pregnant at one point or the other.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: Could Cynthia be pregnant?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jan 2010
Notes left: 72
Last seen at: Curry,Alabama
^Yeah thats what I meant.

_________________
Anyone ever wonder how nice the real version of Silent Hill is?


Top
   
 

Moderator
 Post subject: Re: Could Cynthia be pregnant?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
A big part of the problem is that you're only assuming she's a slut.

Quote:
I'll do a "special favor" for you later...

It's just a dream, so I might as well have some fun...


The emphasis implies that she would not behave this way in real life.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: Could Cynthia be pregnant?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Aug 2010
Notes left: 565
Last seen at: Nathan Ave.
^ Yes, well. . . you can't blame it on him for the slut deduction. I mean, it's kinda obvious. Just look the way she dresses or watch her movement in front of the subway entrance, which is in the real world. I get what you're saying, from a very objective point of view there is no concrete evidence that she is a whore. It's rather an intuition thing. And when it's about slutty characters, I believe intuition plays a big role here. I think Cynthia's character was also intended to be conceived as a promiscuous type. I'm not sure if it was done to confuse us or not.

However, as I stated before, I also don't completely observe Cynthia as a massive infected blower. It depends on your point of view.

First of all, if you interpret the victims from 17 to 21, you'll see that all of them are fruit of their theme: Jasper would represent source, I'm not completely sure, but I believe he represents the source of evil, the demon, also implied by the figure on his shirt; the demon has to return to its source, which is hell- fire. Andrew represents watchfulness. Obviously, he was the one who watched. Richard was the source or chaos: he posesses a big scary gun, he scares little children with it and skinnes neighbours. As much as it regards victims 20 & 21, I don't have to explain: Eileen is the Holy Mother Reborn and Henry the Receiver of Wisdom.

Now that we've seen the scheme of the murder themes, it could be interpreted that Cynthia is also the fruit of her own theme/sin: temptation. The problem here is: 'Is she the temptress or the tempted one?'. If she's the tempted one, we can apply the pregnant slut theory. Viceversa, if she's isn't then a completely new viewpoint applies.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Could Cynthia be pregnant?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7971
Last seen at: Nowhere
^ Lol. Richard's theme isn't Chaos because he teases little kiddos with guns. It's because Richard is a very unstable man.
And "Skinned Mike" never happened the way some think it did. He just threw some punchs and kicks, nothing more.

Jasper's Source could be interpreted as knowledge. Who besides the Order (and it's members) cares about the Occult and Silent Hill's history? The only character that appeared with such traits is Jasper.

Andrew is pretty much irrelevant because it's already answered in-game. His duty was to bring the "Watchful Eye of the Demon" to Walter's world.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: Could Cynthia be pregnant?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Aug 2010
Notes left: 565
Last seen at: Nathan Ave.
And you missed my point. Richard, unstable or not, represents the holder of Chaos. Jasper, interpreted as a source of knowledge or a source of evil, he's always the source. Same goes for the rest. What I'm saying is that all of these victims are the subject of their theme themselves. And so, it creates kind of a problem when interpretating Cyinthia and her theme.

Plus, you don't need to be rude about it . . 'Lol'.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Could Cynthia be pregnant?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7971
Last seen at: Nowhere
^ You need to stop with assumptions about how people behave. That was a genuine form of expressing what I thought was funny. That Richard, by threatening people with guns, would receive the label CHAOS slapped in his forehead automatically. No questions asked, just for the sake of it.

You disregarding some theories because they're not your cup of tea is what is rude. And from what I checked, in recent days, you did it 3 times. Twice when the conversation was about Cynthia. Okay, I got it . You liked the slut. Can we move on?

And I don't see a problem about interpreting Cynthia's theme. Isn't it obvious? Do you even know why Walter killed her, or the others? He didn't killed random people, and the themes are not because the persons "held" them. He interpreted their meaning and placed them in such victims. Another obvious thing.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Could Cynthia be pregnant?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11379
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
I'm pretty sure that since Walter targeted people he personally wanted vengeance on, he bullshitted justifications after the fact.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Could Cynthia be pregnant?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7971
Last seen at: Nowhere
^ I'm not saying you're wrong but Walter didn't had any personal vendetta with Jasper's friends, the old lady Sharon, Billy and Mirian Locane. To name a few.

Course vengeance was a major factor that drived him but he studied (at least some) of his victims.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

RESPECT
 Post subject: Re: Could Cynthia be pregnant?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19399
Last seen at: #lfk
Walter killed Bobby and Thane because they were too close to knowing "the devil" in him. He also seemed to believe Jasper knew too much about him, being an almost-witness.

Conflicting stories exist regarding Sharon Blake. One claims she worked at Wish House. Another claims her child was kidnapped and she went to find her. Walter probably didn't know either story was true—what's important to him is how he, and Valtiel, judge the victim. It doesn't matter whether or not the victim is actually guilty of anything. With Valtiel in Walter's subconscious, being the ultimate judge, he's free to kill whoever he wants and it will "count" toward the ritual.

That's how Walter got away with killing the Locane kids, in spite of him feeling great remorse for doing it.

Regarding Cynthia, Walter labeled her Temptation because, as a young man, he watched her grow up in Ashfield and ultimately believed she had been tempting him, seducing him. She always seemed to be where he was, and Walter was batshit sociopathically insane enough to believe she was following him.

_________________
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Could Cynthia be pregnant?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7971
Last seen at: Nowhere
^ Isn't there a story about him talking with Cynthia in one of the stations of the subway and she made him look bad or something?

And to be fair, he could've picked anyone at the Ten Hearts part because he only needed the organs. No big deal. But once he killed himself it seemed his connection with Valtiel became stronger and made him actually think about his victims' behaviours.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

RESPECT
 Post subject: Re: Could Cynthia be pregnant?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19399
Last seen at: #lfk
>Isn't there a story about him talking with Cynthia in one of the stations of the subway and she made him look bad or something?<
Cynthia embarrassed Walter by calling him out for being a creepster when he told her he'd been watching her for years. I don't blame her.

>he could've picked anyone at the Ten Hearts part because he only needed the organs.<
True, but what's important is that they were guilty, or made guilty, with the help of Valtiel as judge.

_________________
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: Could Cynthia be pregnant?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Aug 2010
Notes left: 565
Last seen at: Nathan Ave.
^ Didn't Valtiel leave Walter's body after the Holy Assumption? So, after Billy and Miriam, it was Walter himself to choose his victims.

Mephisto wrote:
That Richard, by threatening people with guns, would receive the label CHAOS slapped in his forehead automatically
Nevertheless, you quoted my text, a very ridiculous thought, while your rich explanation was that Richard had been an unstable man. Many folks in SH4 were mentally unstable, but that is not the reason of why themes were applied on them.

Mephisto wrote:
You disregarding some theories because they're not your cup of tea is what is rude. And from what I checked, in recent days, you did it 3 times. Twice when the conversation was about Cynthia. Okay, I got it . You liked the slut. Can we move on?

I don't want to comment anything about this nor am I flaming now. It really seems unnecessary from what I'm reading.

I think you should drop it, as I'm sure as hell I am.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Could Cynthia be pregnant?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7971
Last seen at: Nowhere
^ I meant unstable not by Angela/James standards if that's what you're trying to come up with. Rich's whole behaviour made him the harbinger of chaos. Confusion and destruction followed him pretty much everywhere inside the apartment building.
And most folks of The Room were trying to live their lifes like a normal human should. They had their manias (like everyone) but I don't think a large number of them were unstable...

Quote:
Didn't Valtiel leave Walter's body after the Holy Assumption?

Well, before actually. It was when Walter finished the Ten Hearts part and was sent to prison.

When he commited suicide by performing the Holy Assumption and returned as a ghost, it seemed that he now had a true purpose. He wasn't aiming at random people anymore and didn't had anything controlling his thoughts. He (to quote Adversary) became the "judge". Therefore his connection with Valtiel was stronger.
Not saying this as a fact, more like a metaphor.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Could Cynthia be pregnant?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11379
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
^ Didn't Valtiel leave Walter's body after the Holy Assumption? So, after Billy and Miriam, it was Walter himself to choose his victims.


Uh...there were two more Hearts after Billy and Miriam.

And even if such is that case, since the ritual is already underway, Walter still probably holds the authority to judge. He chose the victims ANYWAY, but Valtiel was basically going "Yup, that's legit."

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: