a big difference between easy and normal

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Rafael
Just Passing Through

a big difference between easy and normal

Post by Rafael »

i finished silent hill 4 playing at level easy

and now playing at normal, and the enemies are pretty stronger, faster and much more inteligent

what a big difference!

i was trying to kill those crazy dogs with that chainsaw but they weren't dying

oh my dog!

this is gonna be hard

:shock:
Patman
Gravedigger

Re: a big difference between easy and normal

Post by Patman »

The chainsaw sucks big time as a weapon. Not just in SH4 mind you, it' s lousy in every SH that has one.

If you plan to play on hard later on then you should try to get the hang of the invincibility trick right now : when using a blunt weapon you can charge attacks by holding the action button. When you release the button to launch your attack Henry becomes invincible for a while (until he resumes his neutral position).

It' s risky to use it when there' s several nurses, monkeys or twin heads around you (better keep your bullets for those, or better yet, just flee), but otherwise it' s by far the most efficient combat tactic, especially against Walter. Just let the ennemy get close while charging, launch your attack when it' s about to hit you, get away while charging another attack, rince and repeat. The best weapon to do this is the axe, you get it pretty early on.
Rafael
Just Passing Through

Post by Rafael »

Patman wrote:The chainsaw sucks big time as a weapon. Not just in SH4 mind you, it' s lousy in every SH that has one.

If you plan to play on hard later on then you should try to get the hang of the invincibility trick right now : when using a blunt weapon you can charge attacks by holding the action button. When you release the button to launch your attack Henry becomes invincible for a while (until he resumes his neutral position).

It' s risky to use it when there' s several nurses, monkeys or twin heads around you (better keep your bullets for those, or better yet, just flee), but otherwise it' s by far the most efficient combat tactic, especially against Walter. Just let the ennemy get close while charging, launch your attack when it' s about to hit you, get away while charging another attack, rince and repeat. The best weapon to do this is the axe, you get it pretty early on.
haha i also realized that. that trick is very useful when there are a lot of enemies together. the axe rules!
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

The chainsaw sucks, man. That's why you're having problems.

Even the paper cutter is better than that, seriously.
Locust163
Just Passing Through

Post by Locust163 »

I agree. I was psyched to get a chainsaw. Used it once, gagged, and threw it away in the chest.