All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 23 Sep 2017

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: a big difference between easy and normal

Missing since: 21 Jan 2013
Notes left: 38
Last seen at: Poços de Caldas - Brazil
i finished silent hill 4 playing at level easy

and now playing at normal, and the enemies are pretty stronger, faster and much more inteligent

what a big difference!

i was trying to kill those crazy dogs with that chainsaw but they weren't dying

oh my dog!

this is gonna be hard

:shock:

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: a big difference between easy and normal

Missing since: 31 Aug 2010
Notes left: 467
Last seen at: Marioland
The chainsaw sucks big time as a weapon. Not just in SH4 mind you, it' s lousy in every SH that has one.

If you plan to play on hard later on then you should try to get the hang of the invincibility trick right now : when using a blunt weapon you can charge attacks by holding the action button. When you release the button to launch your attack Henry becomes invincible for a while (until he resumes his neutral position).

It' s risky to use it when there' s several nurses, monkeys or twin heads around you (better keep your bullets for those, or better yet, just flee), but otherwise it' s by far the most efficient combat tactic, especially against Walter. Just let the ennemy get close while charging, launch your attack when it' s about to hit you, get away while charging another attack, rince and repeat. The best weapon to do this is the axe, you get it pretty early on.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 21 Jan 2013
Notes left: 38
Last seen at: Poços de Caldas - Brazil
Patman wrote:
The chainsaw sucks big time as a weapon. Not just in SH4 mind you, it' s lousy in every SH that has one.

If you plan to play on hard later on then you should try to get the hang of the invincibility trick right now : when using a blunt weapon you can charge attacks by holding the action button. When you release the button to launch your attack Henry becomes invincible for a while (until he resumes his neutral position).

It' s risky to use it when there' s several nurses, monkeys or twin heads around you (better keep your bullets for those, or better yet, just flee), but otherwise it' s by far the most efficient combat tactic, especially against Walter. Just let the ennemy get close while charging, launch your attack when it' s about to hit you, get away while charging another attack, rince and repeat. The best weapon to do this is the axe, you get it pretty early on.

haha i also realized that. that trick is very useful when there are a lot of enemies together. the axe rules!

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7952
Last seen at: Nowhere
The chainsaw sucks, man. That's why you're having problems.

Even the paper cutter is better than that, seriously.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 03 Jan 2014
Notes left: 16
I agree. I was psyched to get a chainsaw. Used it once, gagged, and threw it away in the chest.