SH4 Secret Ufo Ending is found

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Fake or real?

Fake
100%
Real
No votes

Total votes: 8

Jonipoon
Subway Guard

SH4 Secret Ufo Ending is found

Post by Jonipoon »

There was already a speculation thread for this way back, but since this is such a big surprise and announcement I took the liberty of starting a new thread.

I can't believe nobody posted this video here before. It seems to be a real UFO ending that was intended to be included in the final version of SH4: The Room. The guy who uploaded the video claims to have found this secret secret through using the so called Channeling Stone.

The UFO ending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLtc6PMTpkk

Talk page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Rnet0M61c

The question whether this UFO ending is real or not remains an unanswered mystery. It looks really funny and badass, but I mean, it seems very unlikely that it would take gamers 7 fucking years to discover how to obtain it...

I've noticed a few suspicious things about the video:
- The sketchbook stylish cartoons seems to be done by one person, and although its well done, the result comes out more like fanart rather than official footage.
- The music and sounds are re-used and modificated samples from the SH2 Ufo Ending, and not new ones.
- While previous Ufo Endings have featured "old movie" shake-and-rattle effects, this one seems suspiciously clean.
- The aliens in the crowd more resemble the alien in SH: Origins rather than those in SH1, SH2 and SH3, which is strange since Origins was released after SH4.
- There is no spoken dialouge, which would have been a more plausible continuation since the SH3 Ufo Ending featured spoken dialouge. This is (of course) because the maker didnt have access to the real voice actors.

Feel free to discuss.
Last edited by Jonipoon on 11 Apr 2013, edited 1 time in total.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Re: SH4 Secret Ufo Ending is found

Post by The Adversary »

It's fake.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

It's obviously a fake, but there is no source to support this.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It's not in the game files, or on the disc, in any way. It simply doesn't exist outside of a video on YouTube. No one needs a source to disprove it.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

I'm sure you found it very amusing though.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I thought it was pretty dumb, actually. Years ago I planned on making my own audio version of my take on the UFO ending. Never happened, though. I mean, it's not like I can top "Jimmy the Homicidal Maniac."

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

I think the UFO endings are supposed to be dumb, at least in some way while still putting a smile on the face.

Even though this fanmade one can't top 1-3, it's still better than the crappy UFO ending in 0rigins for instance.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

It's fake. I had extracted every video file from the game and it wasn't there. It's all in one category. There were a lot of unused music tracks that were together with the used ones. You'd think the same with the videos.