Why are the victims of Walter hostile to Henry?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Re: Why are the victims of Walter hostile to Henry?

Post by Mephisto »

^ It's gameplay mechanics...

Explaining it with the story in mind... It's probably just for fun since Walter is a psycho. It's like I said before with the ghosts: If Henry dies before the ritual is complete then all went down the hill.

The game over wouldn't happen until the "Mother" boss battle.
dias17se
Just Passing Through

Post by dias17se »

LastGunslinger wrote:A related question that bothers me is, why is Walter himself hostile to Henry and Eileen before they arrive at the location where the ritual is supposed to be completed? One could make the argument that if the ghosts have any intelligent desire at all, it's to kill Henry and Eileen prematurely so that the ritual can't succeed, but Walter seems perfectly fine with trying to kill them himself in the latter half of the game. It's possible that the exact time and place doesn't strictly matter to him as long as they're killed in order, but Walter always seems to attack Henry before Eileen.

He also tries giving Henry the creepy doll.... that could kill him before Eileen, or maybe he takes pleasure in Henry losing health.
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

He also tries giving Henry the creepy doll.... that could kill him before Eileen, or maybe he takes pleasure in Henry losing health
Well, the doll could keep Henry weakened because then you can't access your weapons and whatnot so it would make Henry easier to kill later, when Walter needs to kill him.
Are you ready to begin your trip to the Otherside
Death is an old friend of mine
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by HeartlessBastard »

Soulless-Shadow wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:Walter doesn't control the monsters. I'm pretty sure there's one point where he kills one after it attacks him, but I'm not sure if I'm just dreaming that up or not.
I vaguely remember something like that. Perhaps it's similar with Alessa and the monsters in her otherworld; neither have complete control over every single thing including the monsters. Of course, I would expect Walter to gain complete control once he's finished with the sacrifices, but in the meantime, not so much.
I remember he lets a bloody trail of dead sniffer dogs. Anyway, maybe he just doesn't like the monsters. I wouldn't like a bunch of my negative feelings taking form in front of me.
LastGunslinger wrote:A related question that bothers me is, why is Walter himself hostile to Henry and Eileen before they arrive at the location where the ritual is supposed to be completed? One could make the argument that if the ghosts have any intelligent desire at all, it's to kill Henry and Eileen prematurely so that the ritual can't succeed, but Walter seems perfectly fine with trying to kill them himself in the latter half of the game. It's possible that the exact time and place doesn't strictly matter to him as long as they're killed in order, but Walter always seems to attack Henry before Eileen.
I think the time and method of murder does not matter in this case. Henry already witnessed all the murders, there's no reason Walter would not kill him.

Also, I personally think that the ghosts are only a manifestation , and not really the people's spirits. Makes sense for me. After all, in the 21 sacraments ending,
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
we find out the ritual is bullshit.
A bit off topic, I also believe that the ghost in the Hazel Street subway station in SH3 is just Heather's manifestation. Think about it; It only shows up if Heather reads both the Ticket Machine Newspaper and the Occult Magazine. She could have unconsciously remember what she read and she got to Hazel Street Station, and the power of the otherworld manifested it to her.
"Good people should love their enemies" - Seu Madruga
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

After all, in the 21 sacraments ending, we find out the ritual is bullshit
How do you mean? Walter got exactly what he wanted.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

AuraTwilight wrote:
After all, in the 21 sacraments ending, we find out the ritual is bullshit
How do you mean? Walter got exactly what he wanted.
Well, but the entire point of the ritual was to resurrect God, right? But I did see no God. Maybe because Walter didn't believe in it, but the ritual didn't bring a God or his mother. All that happened was the room to become permanently haunted.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The ritual specifically resurrects God by conjuring it's spirit into a non-human vessel such as a rock. Walter chose Room 302.

And since the God of Silent Hill takes on the perceptions and desires of it's summoner/mother, it seems to be playing a Mother role and giving heart attacks to anyone too close to it to give him the isolation he wanted.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Haven't thought about that :shock:

Is that what the Nahkeehoka is for?

Wow, just had a mind blow :O
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, that more or less seems to be what the 'Mother Rock' is for.