Gasp! SH4 camhack?!

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Pastucci
Just Passing Through

Gasp! SH4 camhack?!

Post by Pastucci »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_48jiz2Eps

Link to the only camhack for SH4 that I have searched for.

Would love to see more :)
Heaven's Night
<3
Its Gone Now
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: Gasp! SH4 camhack?!

Post by Its Gone Now »

SH4 Camera hacks seem to be hard to find.

The video in the link you posted is the only SH4 hack that I can find, google search is only giving me a bunch of 2 & 3 hacks.

Nobody else seems to have uploaded anymore, I would have thought there would be quite a few but apparently not.
Pastucci
Just Passing Through

Post by Pastucci »

^
Exactly. I believe that I did talk to Nur Ein Ter about her doing a camhack for SH4, she said that she may do some in the future, I sure hope so :)
Heaven's Night
<3
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

Pastucci wrote:^
Exactly. I believe that I did talk to Nur Ein Ter about her doing a camhack for SH4, she said that she may do some in the future, I sure hope so :)
Well, thanks for posting, wasn't aware of this. I have set up my old laptop so that it's a dedicated Silent hill machine now, just for making LPs and screenshots and stuff of PC versions. I will have to install artmoney and try this at some point, but I haven't used that program before and don't know what I'm doing, so no promises. But I'm optimistic, somebody needs to do this with SH4, and I guess I'll give it a try when I have the time.
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube
Peter
Just Passing Through

Post by Peter »

nur_ein_tier wrote:Well, thanks for posting, wasn't aware of this. I have set up my old laptop so that it's a dedicated Silent hill machine now, just for making LPs and screenshots and stuff of PC versions. I will have to install artmoney and try this at some point, but I haven't used that program before and don't know what I'm doing, so no promises. But I'm optimistic, somebody needs to do this with SH4, and I guess I'll give it a try when I have the time.
I always meant to do more with Silent Hill 4. So I did the video and it turned out nice and all, but a character position mover was what I had. I need to track the value around it and maybe get height as well so I can see what is above you in the hospital stairwell, and see clearer some of the stuff in the descent sections between worlds in the late half of the game.

Any memory hacker should do the trick though.

Another fun thing to do with Silent Hill 4 is swap the character files around. Like this other video I did:

I'll continue myself if Silent Hill 4 will run on Win 10.
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

Some stuff I did with code breaker codes, still working on making a full playthrough with this sort of thing, though.
ImageImage
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

LOVE this so far - thanks, Nur_Ein_Tier!
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

Still trying to try different things and tweak some things. Had all sorts of technical issues, FRAPS stopped working on my laptop, SH4 won't work on 4 out of 5 computers I'd tried it on, even in compatibility mode, etc. Good times!

Gonna try more codes and things on the PS2 version, bought a Code Breaker and a PS2 Gameshark again also.

What I'd REALLY like to figure out is how to get rid of the stupid fog in the spiral staircase, I've eliminated most of the other crap between you and the weird stuff off to the sides of this messing with the alpha channels, but the fog still obscures most everything and the camera gets stuck in many places in sh4, stupid fixed camera angles.

[/rambling]

Edit: some of the begining:
ImageImage
Pastucci
Just Passing Through

Post by Pastucci »

Thank you for doing this! I am super excited...

Can you post any names of the books, charts, etc in the game for us here please?

Like the books on the altar under the orphanage for example, I can't make out what it says..
Heaven's Night
<3
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

I've recorded another 20 minutes or so, but I stupidly checked the "audio OFF" button when recording so now I am going to play through that again just to get sound. XD Won't fit with the other videos if it's silent.

These are only textures I have ripped from that area with books in them, actual size they are on the disc, so a lot of things may be so small you can't read the titles.

EDIT: I haven't quite got the camera to be able to move in her room yet, but I removed both the peephole texture and the dresser:
Here's a normal peephole pic so you can see what I'm talking about more easily:
ImageImage
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

Updating because I've made some progress here.

I am playing the PS2 version because I ended up buying another ps2 Gameshark and a CodeBreaker for the PS2. People on various forums have made "walk through walls" and "zoom in/out" codes.

Walk through walls is nowhere near as good as in Silent Hill 1 (using cheats), and the zoom code is basically the same as the SH3 (PC) FOV hack, in that it expands/contracts the field of vision.

Here are some examples I made. Not the best graphics though, because PS2 and not PC on most of these.

And here is a PC video of a lot of peephole stuff (front door and eileen) with the peephole textures removed:
ImageImage
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

Here is everything I know:

Twitter/YT user @DeepGamesRes aka nekorun is doing things with PC version currently, neat stuff like spawning and despawning eileen, zooming out for a "helicopter view," etc.

Ro is using PS2 version with zoom codes and ripping whole areas from the PC version for better views (spiral staircase, etc)

I am using both versions, PS2 version with zoom code and code to move Henry right/left/back/forward, as well as doing things with the alpha channels in the PC version.

Here's an example of the gameshark code to move henry, but it's in first person view in the apartment and I have moved him outside of the apartment to view the floating head from the other side:
Image Image

More/better pics and videos of that here. I am also doing a camhacked full playthrough here

I have a Gameshark and a Code Breaker, I also have put the codes in RAW format here. There are programs(omnivconvert) that can switch these to whatever cheat device you want to use. R2 or L2 plus a direction will enable zooming, etc.

Cheat codes for PS2 version:
// walk through walls
D1F12EC2 0000FEEF
30200014 0045a58A
D1F12EC2 0000FEBF
30300014 0045a58A
D1F12EC2 0000FEDF
30200014 0045a582
D1F12EC2 0000FE7F
30300014 0045a582

// Henry mostly invincible
2045a74c 00000000