Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 27 May 2017

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: moment that freaked/scared/unsettled you? (Spoiler)

Missing since: 29 Jan 2017
Notes left: 19
Did anything from the game that really unsettled you, or scared you or freaked you?

Not necessarily just the hauntings.

I stopped playing at Forest World 2nd time because hated being chased by Walter haha but from start to that point, two events that really unsettled me;

When Henry woke up after Richard was electructed (forgive me for spelling mistakes), I checked the window and saw from Richard's room across the building, Richard's corpse finger was pointing at Eileen's room (she was next in the Scarament ritual after Richard). I wasnt expecting that at all I was like wtf? Whats it pointing at? Eileen's room?? Shes next, oh no!! (I played completely blinded)

Second one was, when Henry checked in the hole to Eileen's room after Eileen was taken to hospital after Walter attacked her, Robbie the rabbit, usually just sit on Eileen's bed with head down, was positioned straight to you, looking at you and pointing at you as to say 'you're next!!' That really freaked me out haha!

If Robbie the Rabbit was closer to the hole than on Eileen's bed and pointing at you with blood on Robbie it would unsettle a lot more I reckon!

What about ya? Cynthia's manniquin? The hauntings? Certain victim's death (Richard's was brutal to watch) or things a character said?

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: moment that freaked/scared/unsettled you? (Spoiler)

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7898
Last seen at: Nowhere
The hauntings. Plenty of them made me jump, the first time I saw them. Wasn't really expecting anything.

The demon babes, above the "dump all your shit here" chest, was the worst of the lot. It was creepy AND annoying at the same time.

...I always pick Walter's voodoo doll to intensify the hauntings though :P

Gravedigger

Missing since: 12 May 2009
Notes left: 594
Last seen at: Ontario, Canada
Off the top of my head...

A lot of the imagery on the spiral staircases. Some of it is hard to see but it's so goddamn eerie. Especially the farther you go.

Many of the apartment hauntings were creepy as hell. The crying children in the wall. The dead cat in the fridge meowing. Seeing yourself dead through the eyehole. Just a fuck of a lot of nope all around.

Eileen's giant head trying to sound way too sexy.

The worst ending was disturbing as all fuck as well. Hell, Walter's whole thing about the apartment was just not okay.

Richard's ghost form as a dial up modem was pretty creepy too.

Silent Hill 4 as a whole was pretty fucked up and creepy, but as a Silent Hill game it was kind of tame. It was more weird than anything. Absolutely love it though.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 03 Jan 2005
Notes left: 4635
Last seen at: Colorado
The initial encounter with Cynthia's ghost probably creeps me out more than anything. I make sure to use a sword on her.

And the otherworld version of the apartments with the halls that are a little reminiscent of SH3 is the most unsettling portion of the game to me environment-wise, with the hellish red walls that seem alive and the sounds.

The water prison was disturbing in a less overt way. You kind of have to think about it before it becomes eerie. The prison is one of my favorite things about the game.

Gravedigger

I should have definitely mentioned the apartments the second time around as well. Probably the freakiest point of the game and one of the creepier points of the series tbh.

Finding Walter's body in the apartment was pretty unsettling and gross too.

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7898
Last seen at: Nowhere
Oh yeah, the Water Prison with the fucking Twin Victims! That level still gives me the creeps.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 27 Nov 2016
Notes left: 78
Last seen at: In my own world
Mephisto wrote:
Oh yeah, the Water Prison with the fucking Twin Victims! That level still gives me the creeps.

I hate those twin monsters and the prison too, the puzzle there drives me nuts and I hate going around a corner and boom a twin monster right up in face.

Gravedigger

I didn't find the water prison itself very creepy.

But the whole CONCEPT behind it was next level fucked. Like holy shit not okay.