Joseph in Room 302 of the Past (spoiler)

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Deafnproud
Just Passing Through

Joseph in Room 302 of the Past (spoiler)

Post by Deafnproud »

Im really intrigued with the whole Joseph disappearence in The Room, how did he 'disappeared' and how was he 'killed' because Joseph filled in 15/21 Despair but:

1. Walter didnt scar a mark on him 15/21 to our knowledge? I thought he needed to do that for21 Sacraments to be completed?

And 2.

Why was Joseph shoulders to head was hanging upside down on the ceiling? What is your theory on it? Why cant he just stand living in 302 of the past, why was he on a ceiling instead? I found it to be very odd. Maybe because thats how Walter killed him, by hanging him?
J. Quinzelle
Just Passing Through

Re: Joseph in Room 302 of the Past (spoiler)

Post by J. Quinzelle »

I too am intrigued.

That's why I wrote a feature length screenplay about him. It isn't canon to the games, but does serve as a spiritual companion to the game as in it parallel SH4 with a surreal timeline. It's been called complex and disturbing.
"Dance
Dance like butterflies
Shadows appear right before my eyes
Sounds echo the absurd
Hard to explain something that I heard"

http://www.shyofinterruption.com
PSN: Interrupted
Deafnproud
Just Passing Through

Post by Deafnproud »

A screenplay? Wow that is so cool!!
Deafnproud
Just Passing Through

Post by Deafnproud »

One of my theories, Henry found pickaxe of dispair in 302 of the past. It tells me that at the time because of how the pickaxe was left, Joseph realised there was something behind that wall and began to axe it down but in that secret room contains Key of Libration and Walter have plans for Joseph to be Despair, and he doesnt want Joseph to obtain the Key of Libration as he needed Wisdom to do that and he knew he needed to kill 16 to 20 first, so he caught Joseph axing the wall down so he killed him right there, before a crack of wall broke down. And left the pickaxe there as a hint for Henry to later discover.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

Since the deaths are according to the theme, in this case despair, it's pretty damn safe to assume that Walter played with him and ended his life slowly.

My memory is vague, because I don't even remember the last time I played the game, but I recall a page from one of Joseph's diary stating that he was losing his mind and that's why he decided to wrote the whole thing in the first place.

As for the ceiling thing, Jimmy Stone does the same thing. The only difference is that he's "stuck" on a wall. Don't think it's anything important, to be honest...
Deafnproud
Just Passing Through

Post by Deafnproud »

Thats why there is theories, it may not be true but it fill the purposely voids in any of SH games for us to make our own conclusion and be satisfied. And I love reading theories it create even more theories for me :D

Jimmy Stone stuck on a wall, Id like to think of it, because Jimmy Stone got the priests teaching Walter about 21 Sacraments, and Jimmy might have known that little Walter thought Room 302 is his mother so Walter killed him and in his Otherworld he got Jimmy stuck on the wall in 302 so ghost Jimmy is stuck with Walter's 'mother' and be reminded of what he have done to little Walter's innocence.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

^ Actually he's not stuck in the room's wall forever. He can chase you in Walter's world, too, like a lot of other ghosts.

Also: Not everything you see has a hidden meaning. But yeah, theories are nice.
J. Quinzelle
Just Passing Through

Post by J. Quinzelle »

Deafnproud wrote:A screenplay? Wow that is so cool!!
Yeah, I'm quite proud of it. It just needs to get read. I submitted it to two film festivals in the horror category for screenplays. I hope it gets some recognition. I really feel Silent Hill 302 (that's the title) would satisfy horror fans and Silent Hill fans.
"Dance
Dance like butterflies
Shadows appear right before my eyes
Sounds echo the absurd
Hard to explain something that I heard"

http://www.shyofinterruption.com
PSN: Interrupted