Is Henry high?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

REDGRAVE65
Just Passing Through

Is Henry high?

Post by REDGRAVE65 »

Every time I play SH4 I can't help but think that Henry is High on pot or something. He barley reacts to any of the situations in the game and he always has that blanc expression. What do you think?
Anyone ever wonder how nice the real version of Silent Hill is?
Lemex
Gravedigger

Post by Lemex »

He's just shy and introverted. I don't see why so many people have such a problem with him
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

People who are quiet and introverted are often stereotyped in negative ways.

Yet, all the girls get wet over the serial killer with bad hygiene.
Lemex
Gravedigger

Post by Lemex »

I wonder how much tail I'd get if I carried a blood stained axe around and grew my hair?
REDGRAVE65
Just Passing Through

Post by REDGRAVE65 »

I don't have a problem with him in fact he reminds me of myself , But he barley reacts to anything even DEATH! I mean we see him try to help them before they die so he is a good person but when they do die he still keeps the same expression and tone of voice
REDGRAVE65
Just Passing Through

Post by REDGRAVE65 »

I don't see Michael Myers getting any.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

alone in the town wrote:People who are quiet and introverted are often stereotyped in negative ways.

True.

To the above above, he does react. He tries to help people, comforting Cynthia, touching Richard while he's being electrocuted... he's just over quiet and soic.
RyanBucek
Just Passing Through

Post by RyanBucek »

Here is what I've worked out

Possibility 1: He might know that staying calm in those situations can help him survive.

Possibility 2: He might have come to get used to people dying around him. He knows that whoever comes in contact with the boy eventually ends up toast so he knows it's coming. I mean what else are you going to do once that person in front of you is dead?

Scream? Mutter "oh god! oh god!" to yourself? Or do you stay calm and collected?

I would choose the later.
REDGRAVE65
Just Passing Through

Post by REDGRAVE65 »

RyanBucek wrote:Here is what I've worked out

Possibility 1: He might know that staying calm in those situations can help him survive.

Possibility 2: He might have come to get used to people dying around him. He knows that whoever comes in contact with the boy eventually ends up toast so he knows it's coming. I mean what else are you going to do once that person in front of you is dead?

Scream? Mutter "oh god! oh god!" to yourself? Or do you stay calm and collected.

I would choose the later.
But he barley reacted to Cynthias death too, before he knew that much about Walter
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Henry is trapped in a surreal nightmare world filled with killer ghosts and monsters of impossible anatomy. He has been trapped in his apartment for five days. Why is he, therefore, expected to react to every situation as though it's totally new and balls-down frightening?

You even get used to people dying after awhile if the overall situation is horrible enough.
REDGRAVE65
Just Passing Through

Post by REDGRAVE65 »

alone in the town wrote:Henry is trapped in a surreal nightmare world filled with killer ghosts and monsters of impossible anatomy. He has been trapped in his apartment for five days. Why is he, therefore, expected to react to every situation as though it's totally new and balls-down frightening?

You even get used to people dying after awhile if the overall situation is horrible enough.
You have got a good point there, but hey it could just be because of the actor playing him.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

HA HA LOL THIS GUY IS HIGH ON DRUGS BECAUSE HE ACTS WEIRD

alone in the town wrote:People who are quiet and introverted are often stereotyped in negative ways.

ugh, not me. i don't particularly like henry as a character, but it's no contest. walter is disgusting. i never felt any pity for him.
Lemex
Gravedigger

Post by Lemex »

i never felt any pity for him.
Nor I. In fact, I was happy to beat him around a bit.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>He barley reacts to any of the situations in the game<
Have you ever been high? 'cuz people who smoke don't just become catatonic. . . .
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Lemex
Gravedigger

Post by Lemex »

^ I thought that as soon as I see this thread.

People who are high generally do respond, and to pretty much anything.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Henry is just what some people call "socially awkward". He's shy, quiet and relaxed/calm. Only because a person wants to be left alone or don't care too much with what's going on around doesn't nec. mean that this person is odd. Henry kinda haves an old soul.

Many assume (or think) that he never had contact with anybody, thus the fact that he don't know how to react in certain situations, but he is a kind person. He tryed to help the other victims but all he could do was watch the murders. That was his role, anyway.

But yeah, he's not high. He only got used to Walter's world I guess. Everytime he wakes up he haves this "Ow man" look. Like "Do I really have to go back?"
These really shows how lazy he is.
REDGRAVE65
Just Passing Through

Post by REDGRAVE65 »

The Adversary wrote:>
Have you ever been high? 'cuz people who smoke don't just become catatonic. . . .
Yes people who smoke pot don't just become catatonic but when high on something you can react to something in a very odd way.

-----------------------------------------
Mephisto wrote:Henry is just what some people call "socially awkward". He's shy, quiet and relaxed/calm. Only because a person wants to be left alone or don't care too much with what's going on around doesn't nec. mean that this person is odd. Henry kinda haves an old soul.

Many assume (or think) that he never had contact with anybody, thus the fact that he don't know how to react in certain situations, but he is a kind person. He tryed to help the other victims but all he could do was watch the murders. That was his role, anyway.

But yeah, he's not high. He only got used to Walter's world I guess. Everytime he wakes up he haves this "Ow man" look. Like "Do I really have to go back?"
Yeah I pointed out he was kind, but how does him not wanting to go into a world filled with monsters and a physicopathic hobo make him lazy?

Please don't double-post. Use the edit button.
RyanBucek
Just Passing Through

Post by RyanBucek »

REDGRAVE65 wrote:
Mephisto wrote:Henry is just what some people call "socially awkward". He's shy, quiet and relaxed/calm. Only because a person wants to be left alone or don't care too much with what's going on around doesn't nec. mean that this person is odd. Henry kinda haves an old soul.

Yeah I pointed out he was kind, but how does him not wanting to go into a world filled with monsters and a physicopathic hobo make him lazy?
He has nothing better to do in a chained up apartment jk
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

Plus there is the factor that if you believe that Henry is on some sort of drug that makes him less affected by the situations surrounding him and gives him a low voice than whatever it is would have that same affects on his nerves, making him slower even with the panic as it relaxes such portions of the brain, and he wouldn't be able to fight the way that he does or run at the speed he can.
Also, even if he was he'd probably be out by that time wouldn't he :P ?
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

"Yo Eileen "dude" look it's 7&8!"
"Yo it's 7 7&8s"
"Im freakkkin ouuuuut"