fire arms in 4

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

did you use the firearms in silent hill 4 as much as the others?

yes all the time!
2%
about the same as the other games
19%
quite a lot less than the other games
57%
not at all!
23%

Total votes: 53

Cybil Bennett
Just Passing Through

Post by Cybil Bennett »

I have used the firearms but I try to use them only when I can't get past a boss or some one who just won't die after trying for a long time with a melee wepon. Im a big fan of the Melee wepons in the 4th SH. I mean come on there's an Aluminum Bat. But when Eileen is trying to kick ass with a hand bag, come on she's a brave soul thinking a hand bag would work and she's most likely not carring bricks around in her bag to make it a good wepon.
Pissant_Partisan
Gravedigger

Post by Pissant_Partisan »

As FBA 6100 and Malicious said, I only used up my revolver and most of my pistol ammo on the group of head-bird things on the Water Prison 2nd Time.

Still, I couldn't help Eileen getting her ass kicked, that's when she first started acting weird...
[img]http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2075/resizedsigsg4.jpg[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I shoot the babies and with the bosses
Killer Raven

Post by Killer Raven »

I used the handgun up until i got the metal bat. Then i unloaded on walter with the revolver.

Thats all i used them for, the swords were my weapon for the bosses!
Yana
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Yana »

i hardly used firearms, mainly the axe for me. only used firearms if i really needed to
[url=http://iampaddy.com/spell/]Learn To Fucking Spell[/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I only use the handgun for the three patients on the stairs in the hospital and the army of Twin Victims at the end of Water Prison World 2nd time.
As for the rest of the game, I prefer my trusted rusty axe, and the broken pipe before I get the axe.
Glazarus
Historical Society Historian

Post by Glazarus »

I got the all weapon mode, so now a days I use the gun most of the time.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
volpe3fuego
Just Passing Through

Post by volpe3fuego »

The only time I used firearms was to pop a silver cap in the ghost bosses and to kill that army of Victim 7+8's at the end of Water Prison pt 2. Other than that, I loved using the spade and stomping it into the baddies to finish them off. Somehow, that animation makes me feel so satisfied :)

Anyone think it was strange that Henry wasn't given a shotgun? THAT I would've loved using.
The Game..what's up with that? Who's his manager: Milton Bradley? ~ Edge making fun of Triple H,WWE
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

I've played through the game four or five times, and I've never been able to find that spade, not even with the help of a guide.

I think the main reason that I hardly use the firearms in 4 is because of the way that ammunition is handled. It would have been much better to have ammunition of the same type stack. If you want to carry a firearm and have enough ammunition to take down a couple of enemies, you have to fill most of your inventory with the 12-round magazines, which makes carrying the gun impractical.
volpe3fuego
Just Passing Through

Post by volpe3fuego »

Terminus wrote:I've played through the game four or five times, and I've never been able to find that spade, not even with the help of a guide.
Oh really? If memory serves me right, it's in the Building World at the end of a weird alley next to the 2nd Sword of Obedience that you find. I have the Brady guide (I wanted the poster inside XD) and they mention it on page 50 if you have that one. A better guide source is GameFAQs.com and I recommend looking @ Conquerer's because his file is the biggest. From my experience, the bigger files usually have a lot more info and details in them than others.
Terminus wrote:I think the main reason that I hardly use the firearms in 4 is because of the way that ammunition is handled.
That's another reason why I never used firearms, because the fact that one box of ammo took up several slots and since space was limited, I also saw no sense in that.
The Game..what's up with that? Who's his manager: Milton Bradley? ~ Edge making fun of Triple H,WWE