When Did You Give Up On Henry?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Silent Smiffy
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Smiffy »

i dont see how hes that bad. I mean he goes through a hole in his bathroom whiloe theres chains on his door, i can see why hes just a bit deflated. You see that in subway world when we sits on the escalator like wtf. I think hes just damaged.
Snake. We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at. But... at least I always fought for what I believed in.
NothingLikeSleep

Post by NothingLikeSleep »

JadThomas wrote:
Henry sounds like he's ready for a nap 99% of the time lol.
Technically speaking, he is taking a nap 99% of the time :P
Today I was thinking about my reactions in dreams, and even the most abnormal things I see or do don't appear to be out of the ordinary for some reason. So maybe that is how Henry kind of feels.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

I just have to post on the whole 'no personality' people hate
It seemed like at first he had some personality but than it started to fade.
He seems to be 'jaded' *I believe that's how you spell it* Meaning that you've seen so many things and been through so much crap,for example Cynthia dying,chains on the door hole in the bathroom, to the point where nothing effects you anymore.
I think thats what Konami was trying to get at. Everyone else who went through their Silent Hill nightmare had a bigger goal and a reason to be there.
Henry was thrown into something for buying an apartment XD
So I had to throw that out there but since I'm posting on this...
Him being a pansy boy and fighting with him is annoying at the beginning, (Than again its kind of cool cause it actually takes him a while to get use to it so its realalistic...)
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

NothingLikeSleep wrote:
JadThomas wrote:
Henry sounds like he's ready for a nap 99% of the time lol.
Technically speaking, he is taking a nap 99% of the time :P
Today I was thinking about my reactions in dreams, and even the most abnormal things I see or do don't appear to be out of the ordinary for some reason. So maybe that is how Henry kind of feels.
Exactly.Henry is probably feeling like the whole thing is a dream,that's why he's so expressionless.
We are still here...
Shannen the Manic
Just Passing Through

Post by Shannen the Manic »

I doubted that he would get lively at some point. I got pissed off with him after he said, "What the hell..." for the 5th time.
EileenGalvin
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by EileenGalvin »

I never gave up on him. Everyone knows that the quiet, shy ones are the ones that know what's going on in the bedroom, if you know what I mean *wiggles eyebrows* :mrgreen:
[url=http://www.visitsilenthill.com][img]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/EileenGalvin/vshsignature.gif[/img][/url]
Inner Eye
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Inner Eye »

Henry is very sexy, I never gave up on him.
Resident Cajun and Wolf.
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

I actually like Henry, he is a good guy.
We are still here...
Dr. Eggnog

Post by Dr. Eggnog »

I only like Henry in the last couple levels when he actually starts to show some emotion. Overall my least fav main character though.
volpe3fuego
Just Passing Through

Post by volpe3fuego »

EileenGalvin wrote:I never gave up on him. Everyone knows that the quiet, shy ones are the ones that know what's going on in the bedroom, if you know what I mean *wiggles eyebrows* :mrgreen:
LmAo Oh yeah, I know EXACTLY what you mean :lol:
The Game..what's up with that? Who's his manager: Milton Bradley? ~ Edge making fun of Triple H,WWE
volpe3fuego
Just Passing Through

Post by volpe3fuego »

Inner Eye wrote:Henry is very sexy, I never gave up on him.
Yes! I thought I was the only one who thought the guy was a stud XD I never gave up on him either. Despite the fact that SH2 was more popular, Henry was the reason why I decided to play SH4 before SH2, to be honest *heehee* In all honesty, it's my favorite SH title; not only did it have a great story but it holds a special place in heart since it was the first SH game I actually sat down and played.
The Game..what's up with that? Who's his manager: Milton Bradley? ~ Edge making fun of Triple H,WWE
jeremyjh
Just Passing Through

Re: When Did You Give Up On Henry?

Post by jeremyjh »

Henry: since the 2nd area

Walter: when he just charged out of the trees like a fucking manic in tree area
http://www.youtube.com/user/jeremyjh13? ... BjX2Y0gNrc- Survival Horror Game Library
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Re:

Post by SHF »

deadhorses wrote:
Drewfus wrote:^ What he said.

And honestly, would you really take Cynthia up on her offer? You just met her ina an abandoned subway, after being locked mysteriously in your own room for five days. I think Henry's main concern was getting out, not getting off.
and, she might have STDs...

who knows, she hangs out in subways :)
I would definetly take the chance. Only as long as Silent Circus was playing in the background...... :wink:
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

I never gave up on Henry, even tho his character was kinda bland, SH4's concept and it's strong storyline, kept me wanting to see Henry's dilemma through.
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

I gave up on him when he didn't try to get with cynthia. Why didn't he try to hit that shit?! :P Nah but honestly i didn't give up on him really. I didn't have a reason to. Yeah he was really bland, but he wasn't an asshole or unlikable or anything. He was bland, but he still seemed like he would be ok to hang out with, actually one of my best friends somewhat acts like him if you don't know him that well, he's real quiet.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

STDs man. We don't know what kinda weird shit SH has spreading around. :wink:

I gave up Henry w/ the 2nd or 3rd "What the hell?" in monotone. I decided that he was physically incapable of any emotion, so I talked over him and added my own commentary.
"What the--"
"OH SHIT! SHIT'S GOING DOWN! THERE BE MONSTERS A SHIT ERRYWHERE!!!"
HenryTownshend
Just Passing Through

Post by HenryTownshend »

Never gave up on Henry. The only problem I have with Henry is that he doesn't even act like he is scared or frightened at all he just always has that calm voice and blank face. Not too much of a character at all.
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

^ That was the point. He is a calm, empty and emotionless character. The perfect character for the role of Walter's Receiver of Wisdom. Seriously.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

I'm pretty sure the reason he's that way is because the developers wanted you to be able to place yourself in his role. So they kept his character and dialogue more one dimensional. I do recall reading that at some point.

Hell if I know where or when. I mentioned in another thread a couple years ago and some other people remembered what that as well, so hopefully a couple people will here too.

Think Chrono from Chrono Trigger.

Though, I can't necessarily say they succeeded. They more than anything created a really awkward character. Though I have a soft spot for him~

I never really 'gave up' on the guy. Never exactly got attached either. Definitely wanted to help him put Walter down though.
Lemex
Gravedigger

Post by Lemex »

I never found him one dimensional. I actually rather like Henry.