Room Of Angel

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

killer89
Just Passing Through

Post by killer89 »

When i heard this song for the first time, it brought me a tear.

I also found some similarities between the lyrics an me.

- My parents hate / despise me. (except if beating and humiliating is love.)
- I have been treatened like shit since i were a baby. (shouting, beating, and so on.)
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

I love this song. It is definately a very heavy song. I can't listen to it while I'm tired and driving though because it'll make me zone out.

The Hungarian song is cool. I like the music for it, very creepy and dramatic. It kind of reminds me of the incident in the thirties when a radio station broadcast H.G. Wells' "War of the Worlds" without warning people that it was just a story. Supposedly a lot of people flipped out and it created a huge panic.
Are you ready to begin your trip to the Otherside
Death is an old friend of mine
Screws
Just Passing Through

Post by Screws »

i love the song. my favorite of all the soundtrack songs.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

This is one of my favorite soundtracks of the game. I love it, and yeah, I believe this song is based on Walter and his Mom.
The_Obscure
Just Passing Through

Post by The_Obscure »

It's a unique song due to the fact that it sounds so calm yet the lyrics are so haunting
Oh man, that was awesome!- Jasper gein
JadThomas
Just Passing Through

Post by JadThomas »

Room of Angel, Laura Plays The Piano, Theme Of Laura + Theme Of Laura(Reprise), wow forget it this list is becoming too long. I love so may songs from the OSTs but yes Room of Angel I think is the most haunting, the last thing I'd want to hear in a dream. :P
vivica_cherry
Just Passing Through

Post by vivica_cherry »

I love the song but it's not my favourite
ILoveCarrots
Just Passing Through

Post by ILoveCarrots »

I loved it first, but I guess I heard it too many times. I still like it, but it's certainly not my favourite..
Someone should get the toiletpaper!
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

I actually agree with MMY and consider this song boring. If you're going to write a slow song, you need to have something interesting going on, or it's going to be a drag to listen to. It's just too repetitive, the same two chords play throughout the entire song, the melody wanders aimlessly, the composition is typical and cliche, etc. The lyrics aren't even that soulful/emotional, so I'm left with no connection to it. It's like a Celine Dion song written by a depressed 13-year old.

The songs in the SH4 OST that I find the most interesting are the eclectic ones. "Fever Chill," "Remodeling," "Pulsating Ambiance," "Wounded Warsong," and especially "Mayheim I." His alternative rock stuff has been getting progressively worse, while his experimental techno has been getting top-notch. He'll never write a good rock song like "Promise" again, I fear.
SilentCircus
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentCircus »

Yes that song puts the awesome in Mary Elizabeth McGlynn's voice. I am very glad she is strict about things. That's what makes her so talented I think.
Yesh, I would like some pepperoni for Cynthia too.
True
Just Passing Through

Post by True »

I like the song, but then again, I like almost anything Mary Elizabeth McGlynn sings. It IS kinda repetitive, but still okay.
Shannen the Manic
Just Passing Through

Post by Shannen the Manic »

It's a bit too long but it's very powerful where ambience is concerned. The vocals fit. It pulses with atmosphere.
AdamMosh
Just Passing Through

Post by AdamMosh »

this song is great Akira Yamaoka is a genius
death is in my blood
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

Most definitely one of the best SH songs.

It has that depressing feel and the vocals are great.
We are still here...
Disfigurator
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Disfigurator »

One of favorite songs in series and favorite from SH4. I absoutely like the dual nature of this lullaby - one side is a cute, relaxing lullaby, but on the other side - strong, creepy and twisted lyrical concept. Result - disturbing and lovable to death. Almost brings tears of joy/sadness in the same times into eyes.
Masterpiece!
Nowh3re
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Nowh3re »

It's a beautiful song, but I think it would be a lot better if it had half of it's actual length. It starts very well, but by the three minutes it just drags on and on, making me skip to the next track…
Of course it didn't happen.
MistahJ
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MistahJ »

That song happens to be my favorite vocal song in the whole Silent Hill series. My favorite song though is Betrayal from Silent Hill 2.
"The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

(somethinglacking on Discord)
Dr. Eggnog

Post by Dr. Eggnog »

I agree with ILoveCarrots . . . about Room of Angel I mean, I don't love carrots.
adm1r
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by adm1r »

It's my all time favorite from any SH.It's kinda disturbing in a beutiful way...i don't know how to describe the song...