Did anyone else hate the costumes besides me?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

G16
Just Passing Through

Did anyone else hate the costumes besides me?

Post by G16 »

What the hell were the creators thinking?!! Those have to have been some of the worst unlockables ever. I mean I'm all for cute and sexy video game girls but I dislike anything that slutty if it's just meant for perverts with nothing to do but look at a fictional character's breats. Besides that when Eileen has all those cuts and bruises she really doesn't look that aluring. She looks like a hooker who's been rapped and beaten. I also don't see why Cynthia should have gotten a costume because her character is so minor in the game. Who the hell came up with those costumes? :?

Henry should have gotten a bonus costume. They could have put outfits in his closet to choose from and they could have just been regular outfits like Heather's shirts. The unlockables in Silent Hill 4 really bite. The outfits at least didn't have to be so slutty.
Sway West
Just Passing Through

Post by Sway West »

If you were trapped in a cubical for more than a year, working day and night, you might be singin' a different tune. Who knows how long the designers went without lovin'.

I think it's pretty apparent that the staff has a weird sense of humor. I don't believe any of the extras are meant to be taken seriously. I don't particularly care for the costumes, either, but they're so ridiculous that I can find humor in them.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Sway West wrote:If you were trapped in a cubical for more than a year, working day and night, you might be singin' a different tune. Who knows how long the designers went without lovin'.

I think it's pretty apparent that the staff has a weird sense of humor. I don't believe any of the extras are meant to be taken seriously. I don't particularly care for the costumes, either, but they're so ridiculous that I can find humor in them.
This is what college is for.
Finding a wife who will make love to you whenever the two of you deem necessary.
pink_isnt_well000
Historical Society Historian

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

Okay, that has nothing to do with the topic...

Please talk about the costumes, or don't talk at all.
Æ
Location: Plus Forty Seven Degrees 56' 37" Minus Sixteen Degrees 51' 08"

Re: Did anyone else hate the costumes besides me?

Post by Æ »

G16 wrote: Henry should have gotten a bonus costume.
Yeah...I´m already seeing Henry wearing a thong.

I think they´re the reason for SH4 getting a 18+ classification in Europe.
[img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/705/cpiadebarrierdetail1oq0.jpg[/img]
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Hey man, Henry shaking his ass in a thong like Jake Gyllenhaal in Jarhead would've made SH4 a hell of a lot more interesting for me. Santa hat included.

The extra costumes for the ladies were a bit much, though. As if Eileen's party outfit wasn't silly enough already: Bitch, take the heels off and RUN.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Cherry Bomb

Post by Cherry Bomb »

I don't think the costumes are actually supposed to be wank-fodder for teenage boys.

They're a bit tongue-in-cheek, if you ask me - and they totally contrast the tone of the game. Watching a battered girl running around in a party dress is believable; in a bright white kinky nurse costume, probably not.
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Cherry-spc-Bomb.png[/img][/url]
Dunkel_Teufel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Dunkel_Teufel »

Probably G16 was expecting something like this:
Hey man, Henry shaking his ass in a thong like Jake Gyllenhaal in Jarhead would've made SH4 a hell of a lot more interesting for me. Santa hat included.

On the other hand, costumes are costumes, just that, nothing serious to discuss about them.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/ordocornixumbra/sigdunkel.jpg[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i like the customs
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Does anyone have pictures of the costumes?
Pissant_Partisan
Gravedigger

Post by Pissant_Partisan »

I'd've preferred seing the characters nude, but whatcha gonna do
[img]http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2075/resizedsigsg4.jpg[/img]
G16
Just Passing Through

Post by G16 »

I don't want Henry wearing a thong, i just want costumes a little less perverted. Anyone who says the costumes aren't perverted needs to be shot in the head!

Now I heard a rumor that Henry had a Silent Hill bunny costume. Now THAT would have been fun to unlock. Not a slutty beaten up nurse and a woman with a bunny tattoo on her ass. It's not that I just hate them because they look slutty, but they're just so boring to look at. I mean I consider Cynthia's character to be too minor to deserve a costume at all.

Plus not to be mean, but some of you need to grow up. I was just stating my opinion about the costumes.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

I dont play the games for the costumes.. I play them for the riviting storyline.. and twists and scary points in the plot.. I dont care if Henry's wearing a thong or if Eileen is naked..... well.. that's a different story.. I'd like to see Eileen naked.. I think if anything they should've put an extra in where Eileen runs around in nothing but her birthday suit.. :evil:
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

yeah naked would be ok i do admit the stupid heels are a bit much i mean come oni would have lost the heels run!bitch!run! :o
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

This is a dumb topic. Oh well.
Fargo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fargo »

G16 wrote:Anyone who says the costumes aren't perverted needs to be shot in the head!
I say they're not... where's my shot in the head? :D
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

I HATE the costumes because I can never unlock them. :(
Fargo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fargo »

angelofROOM302 wrote:I HATE the costumes because I can never unlock them. :(
I hear ya, I'm still trying to get those two costumes myself, I'm currently in my third Silent Hill 4 run about to enter the Forest World for the second time, but I'm also in my first run of Silent Hill Origins in the hellish hotel, I'm still yet to complete the 2nd part of a Silent Hill comic book video that I've postponed for a couple of days, and I still have my life to take care of, so it looks like I'll have to wait for a while before I can eventually unlock them :?...

Oh well, at least this picture hints you exactly where to pick up the costumes once you get to Eileen's room :)

http://z-o-g.org/gallery2/silenthill/sh ... m.jpg.html
Panzer_Kämpfer
Just Passing Through

Post by Panzer_Kämpfer »

Those costumes are just....wrong. But it's fun!
I think it's funny when Cynthia shakes her booty at you!
I always push the RED button.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

I don't think I could actually play the game with those costumes. It would be too distracting, and not in a good way for me. Ugh.