Is Henry...?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

sangokyu
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Is Henry...?

Post by sangokyu »

*SPOILER ALERT FOR ALL OF GAME!*

Ok, there was this old topic a while back, a reaaaaly interesting one. Basically it proposed that Henry Townshend is really Walter Sullivan. The topic sorta died, and I'll just revive I guess.
Okay, basically things about this:
1. Henry gets headaches when he's near ghosts. Why? Maybe it's because he knows deep down inside he killed them.
2. Henry is present after each killing it seems... perhaps one angle is is that he was one one doing it!
3. They look very similar
4. Why else are the ghosts chasing him?
5. The 2-Headed creature, made after Billy and Miriam Locane (sp?), points at Henry accusingly. Why? Perhaps as children, they simply have no reservations and point to their killer.
6. The whole game could be considered Henry's battle with Walter, and if you got the good ending, Henry wins and the Walter persona is dead.

Basically, the legend goes that Walter decided to start over or soemthing like that, or some mental breakdown or most likely amnesia caused him to create a different persona , which was named Henry Townshend. Now we know nothing of Henry's past, mainly because he never says a dang thing in the game. So Walter changed his clothes, became Henry, but perhaps Walter was still a persona in Henry mind, so Walter would come out and kill, then Henry would 'wake' and see what happened.
Because without her I am only revolutions of ruin.
Biomechanical
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Biomechanical »

RofL, fight club.
[b][color=red]User is no longer active[/color][/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/biomechanical923/pulp.jpg[/img]
douche
Red Dragon
Gravedigger

Post by Red Dragon »

If this were true, they would have pointed it out at the ending. But since there is no such hint, it does not work.
[b]HeadAche.[/b]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Plus it would cancel out the whole game on the fact that there wouldn't be a 21st sacrament.
Biomechanical
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Biomechanical »

Eileen got her ass beat, she didnt seem too scared of Henry :wink:
[b][color=red]User is no longer active[/color][/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/biomechanical923/pulp.jpg[/img]
douche
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Gets headaches because he remembers killing them?.. I think he gets the headaches only because they're ghosts and that's one of the ways that they affect him.

He isn't present at every killing--just for 16, 17, 18, 19, and (possibly) 20. There were fifteen more murders previous to this that Henry was no where near, nor did he stumble upon their corpses. And the reason why he's at the aforementioned murder scenes is because he's fulfilling his duties as the Receiver of Wisdom. Wisdom being the murders, Receiving meaning to "witness" them.

Walter has long blonde hair.
Henry has short brown hair.
They look nothing alike. Not even their facial features are the same.

The ghosts are chasing him because they're under Walter's control--and because the game needs enemies. If the ghosts did not attack you, this would be a boring as shit game.

The thing about the Double-Headed babies is just kind of silly. No offence.

There is no "persona." Henry and Walter are two completely different people.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
DeSilva
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by DeSilva »

He does have an interesting point.
Goodbye Silent HIll!
(Please Mr. Admin, banish me)
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

It doesn't work, though. There isn't much of any factual, in game basis for this to stand on. Plus that fucks around entirely too much with the whole Sacrament business.
The Necronoir
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Necronoir »

I'd go so far as to say this was definitely intended as a possibility as the story progresses. We keep seeing everyone die around him so we can't help but begin to question things. The great strength of the Silent Hill games is that they do cast this ambiguous veil over the player until the very end.

As it is though, while it seems possible in the early stages it is only a red herring. It's pretty effectively disproved. Whether Henry has a link to Walter's father in a similar way to Eileen and his mother is another matter...
Live the nightmare conceived by Adam Crowley:
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9746/nightmarecreaturesiconwx0.png[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Can't see that theory working. It just doesn't make sense.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Actually... Henry is Valtiel. Just thought I'd let everyone know.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Man, he's not definitively stating that this is what the Silent Hill 4 plot IS. He's just speculating. Yeah, there are holes in it, and it doesn't totally work, but geez, it's fun to just theorize about different possibilities. Some of you are very sensitive. :roll:

That is an interesting theory...too bad that idea has been done so many times recently, especially in movies. (Fight Club did it the best, of course). Too many movies now are still doing that, thinking that it's still fresh.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

the Adversary wrote:Actually... Henry is Valtiel. Just thought I'd let everyone know.
:shock: What!When....where did this ^ come from? :shock:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I'd say that he's pulling stuff out of his ass, but then I believe that Lisa was Valtiel also.
The Legendkiller
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Legendkiller »

Miss Krissy wrote:Gets headaches because he remembers killing them?.. I think he gets the headaches only because they're ghosts and that's one of the ways that they affect him.

He isn't present at every killing--just for 16, 17, 18, 19, and (possibly) 20. There were fifteen more murders previous to this that Henry was no where near, nor did he stumble upon their corpses. And the reason why he's at the aforementioned murder scenes is because he's fulfilling his duties as the Receiver of Wisdom. Wisdom being the murders, Receiving meaning to "witness" them.

Walter has long blonde hair.
Henry has short brown hair.
They look nothing alike. Not even their facial features are the same.

The ghosts are chasing him because they're under Walter's control--and because the game needs enemies. If the ghosts did not attack you, this would be a boring as shit game.

The thing about the Double-Headed babies is just kind of silly. No offence.

There is no "persona." Henry and Walter are two completely different people.
Basically summed up everything.

Plus, they WOULD have mentioned it in the ending. Why keep it secret when you know the story isn't gonna be continued? Its an interesting theory, the peices of the puzzle just dont fit. Something of topic, Correct me if I'm wrong, but Walter was the 11th victim right ?

And I think Adversary was just kidding. I think.
<<Insert>>
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

the Adversary wrote:Actually... Henry is Valtiel. Just thought I'd let everyone know.
Huh? Care to explain?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I think we're supposed to guess. Ok, umm...well...

1. Henry's past is obsqued

2. Henry is emotionless Valtiel was emotionless

Except, wait a minute. Valtiel wants the God to be born, Henry does not. Unless I may use my analogy in that Henry does not want this version of God born.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

when the game starts it says he moved to ashfeild heights 2 years ago so what does valtiel got to do with Henry he has emotions when Eileen died he has feelings for her i know it
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The no emotions thing was a bit of a sarcastic crack. It bothers me though that little Walter does look more like Henry than he does to adult Walter.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

He was kidding. Just pullin' your legs, folks. Henry being Valtiel makes as much sense as Henry being Walter.