Eileen's reality. (Spoilers abound.)

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, Henry is in the Alternate version of the Apartment, just like the protagonists in the first three games were in an Alternate version of Silent Hill.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

"It's like this room is in a different dimension" - Joseph

The apartment is never in reality, it is on the BORDER to reality.
The reason my theory is shot down is because people don't want complicated theories. There are many things that points to the room being in Walters world and at the same time on the border. Things that Henry see's outside the apartment are things that breach the visible pattern. Because it's on the border, he can view and hear things from both worlds. The room is the path, the "hole" between reality and Walters world, but Walter "locked" that path. Not with the locks but with the power over his realm.

The handprints, Walter in Braintrees room (the police is there and they can't see him), the reason people hear only weird sounds and not Henry from the room, the floating head etc.
Many things that support this theory.

You could say alternate room, but still, it looks like his usual room. Keep in mind that the fourth game deals with a new kind of otherworld.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
TerryRed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TerryRed »

Thank-you guys for you responses....

So i guess my beliefs aren't unpopular at all then..... so would this mean that Walter's body was REALLY put in that back room... but since it seems that Joseph is the one who covered that wall to hide that room (correct me if i'm wrong), was that body there when he did it.... if so then could he see it? Or did it appear after he covered it?

So many questions...so little game time... :cry:
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The body was put there during the Holy Assumption.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>The reason my theory is shot down is because people don't want complicated theories.
That's hilarious. You're one funny guy, Glazarus.

>it seems that Joseph is the one who covered that wall to hide that room (correct me if i'm wrong)
You're mistaken. Joseph indicates that he sealed the portal through his laundry room.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
TerryRed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TerryRed »

>it seems that Joseph is the one who covered that wall to hide that room (correct me if i'm wrong)
You're mistaken. Joseph indicates that he sealed the portal through his laundry room.
OK..thank you.
The body was put there during the Holy Assumption.
By Ghost Walter then?

So the one thing that can't be proven IN-GAME is Walter splitting himself before his GOOD half commits suicide. I can buy this...just wish there was more clear proof... (but since Alessa did it why not others)

We need them Japenese folks to speak up!!! :wink:
The current progress of my Silent Hill pinball (video) game can be seen here:

https://youtu.be/aMklvWiUqhY
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

St. Thomas wrote:>The reason my theory is shot down is because people don't want complicated theories.
That's hilarious. You're one funny guy, Glazarus..
Thank you, this time it really was a joke and you got it :P

Anyway, I got things supporting my theory and you have things supporting yours. At this time, no one is right and no one is wrong. A paradoxal situation in search of the most believable truth.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

I think there's one scene where if you look outside the door, Frank Sunderland appears to be looking at the hand prints on the wall, shakes his head, then walks away.
the scene with him shaking his head twords the wall, doesn't exist.
I know the scene swedish is referring to, he just misinterpreted the action. Frank isn't looking at the handprints, he's just turning his ear to Henry's door to try and hear any signs of life. When he hears nothing, he gives up, shakes his head, and walks away. If he were responding to the sight of a bunch of bloody handprints on his building's wall, I'm sure he would be rather more distraught.
I think we will get more answers with future games in the series....
Somehow I doubt that.
Arthemesic

Re: Eileen's reality. (Spoilers abound.)

Post by Arthemesic »

The Adversary wrote:All of this indicates that what occurs in Walter's world, though emulating a "reality," is in actuality a dream, playing through in Henry's head.
Henry is entitled to observe Walter's proccess.
And thus, is the chosen Receiver Of Wisdom.

Good show, chap!
You, Thomas, are once again admittedly, a genius.
Victory Of The Soul, Triumph Over Ordeal
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I really like this theory, and since I waded through 9 pages, am adding my thougts. :)
I definitely disagree that the victims carved the numbers into themselves, because logic would dictate that if they had, the news reports would have indictated that the bodies were found with knives in their hands, or they would be ruled suicides, not murders.
Henry's apartment cannot fully be in reality, but it is not fully in Walter's world either. There is some force around it that separates it from reality, otherwise Joseph would have been able to fully tunnel through the wall to Eileen's room, plus everything else with no one hearing him, etc.
What are the strange noises everyone hears coming from 302 if they can't hear Henry?
Does anyone else think Cynthia was dragged into the booth and then murdered? The crime scene shows her purse on the ground, spilled outside of the room. So I assumed she was grabbed, dropped her purse, and was dragged in.
The thing about Cynthia calling Henry didn't bother me because his phone was broken. It bothered me because there was no reason for her to have his number.
Does anyone else start singing "Come on, Eileen" while playing the 2nd half?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The thing about Cynthia calling Henry didn't bother me because his phone was broken. It bothered me because there was no reason for her to have his number.
I always imagined that Walter tried to coax Henry out of the room by having the phone pick up on Cynthia's THOUGHTS.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Hmmm.....I don't know. I wish I could do that. It would save me a lot of trouble looking for the phone if I could just think about answering it.:)
That was always something that had me scratching my head. Yeah, we're ina creepy dream world, and yeah, he is supernaturally trapped in his apartment, and yeah, his phone won't call anyone but a bar, but some random subway chick has his phone number? I wonder if Henry ever checked to make sure he still had a wallet. :) Maybe that is where Cynthia got the number.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

But if she actually picked up a phone, why would she call some random number and scream "someone help me"? It's more consistent with the series as a whole to think that the phone was functioning as a Ouija Board, and it was picking up on her thoughts without her knowing it.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Acually, it is not so far-fetched. Wasn't that the plot of the movie Celluar? If you are being chased by someone who you believe will kill you, you may well dial any number just to see if someone will help you.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, but Cynthia probably would've been all "Were you the one who got my phone call?"
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Does she say Henry's name during the phone call? I seriously have terrible memory. I just played this game during this past week and I am clueless. If she doesn't say "Henry, help me" or something, maybe she did dial a random number while waiting for him to find her. If she did. I don't know. That part always bugged me, in a good scary way, because the phone was ringing when it was broken and it was Cynthia, who didn't have his number. It very much reminded me of the call in Silent Hill 1. The unplugged phone rings, and there is no way Cheryl could have known where Harry was, or the number.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

She didn't say Henry's name.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Well, there you have it. I'm not sure what you have, but you have it. :) I am so tired. I just looked up and noticed this thread is about Eileen and I am rambling about Cynthia. :)
DeSilva
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by DeSilva »

Just a thought, what if they showed Henrys world and what he sees and then show Eileens world and what she sees. of course if there is any difference, but then again it was Walters world (so i understand), so there may not be a difference at all.
Goodbye Silent HIll!
(Please Mr. Admin, banish me)
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

But there IS a difference. Eileen doesn't see the holes Henry travels through, and she can't enter the apartment.