Eileen's reality. (Spoilers abound.)

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

volpe3fuego
Just Passing Through

Post by volpe3fuego »

While doing my investigation and breakdown of SH4 for my fanfiction, I figured the same thing. Both Eileen and Henry are trapped in their own dream. In reality, Eileen is really in a coma (or worse) somewhere in the real world. Her consciousness synchronized with Henry due to their connection to the 21 Sacraments and Walter Sullivan.

My question is this:

In the "Eileen's Death" ending, the radio broadcast says that the bodies of Eileen and the other recent victims were found together in the woods with the same injuries. Kind of puzzling considering that while Henry was going through his ordeal, he saw that each victim was killed in a specific and different way. I have my own theories on this as well, but I think I'll try searching for a thread more relevant ;)
The Game..what's up with that? Who's his manager: Milton Bradley? ~ Edge making fun of Triple H,WWE
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

volpe3fuego wrote:While doing my investigation and breakdown of SH4 for my fanfiction, I figured the same thing. Both Eileen and Henry are trapped in their own dream. In reality, Eileen is really in a coma (or worse) somewhere in the real world. Her consciousness synchronized with Henry due to their connection to the 21 Sacraments and Walter Sullivan.

My question is this:

In the "Eileen's Death" ending, the radio broadcast says that the bodies of Eileen and the other recent victims were found together in the woods with the same injuries. Kind of puzzling considering that while Henry was going through his ordeal, he saw that each victim was killed in a specific and different way. I have my own theories on this as well, but I think I'll try searching for a thread more relevant ;)
Basically what the OP is stating. Maybe Walter just dumped the bodies in the woods, without giving a second thought.
Violent Corpse
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Violent Corpse »

I've only read the first page of this thread, so if what i'm going to say has already been discussed, please excuse me:

I really like the theory the thread creater has posted, but... what about the part when henry breaks out of his room? That sequence is not a dream, right? Then where does Eileen come from in that sequence?
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Eileen could've followed a path not visible to Henry, and Henry is probably dreaming the whole time. Even when he's walking around in his Apartment, it's possible he's asleep in the real world.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Violent Corpse
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Violent Corpse »

Mind-fuck...
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

I'm a bit late in this, but some misinformation seems to need correcting.
volpe3fuego wrote:In the "Eileen's Death" ending, the radio broadcast says that the bodies of Eileen and the other recent victims were found together in the woods with the same injuries. Kind of puzzling considering that while Henry was going through his ordeal, he saw that each victim was killed in a specific and different way.
Actually, the bodies were found, collectively, "in Ashfield and the woods near Silent Hill." Andrew and Jasper were in the woods, the other bodies were in Ashfield. The report also never states that the causes of death were identical, just that "all the murders appeared to be the work of the same perpetrator." (all the victims had numbers carved into their bodies) The numbers are the injuries on Eileen's body that match the other victims.

Hooray for GameFAQs!
Rafael
Just Passing Through

Re: Eileen's reality. (Spoilers abound.)

Post by Rafael »

wow nice theories bro
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by HeartlessBastard »

Well, I do think Walter can show up in reality. After all, he did killed Toby Archbolt in Mexico. But he doesn't want to. Maybe because he can't have as much influence in the real world as he has in his world. You see, I think time in the Walterworld works differently, like a dream. That's why Walter took so long to start his killing sprees. After all, why would he wait?
Anyway, I think Cyntia went to the subway awake, slept on the restroom (Well, she was a bit drunk, I guess), then she woke up (That's why we couldn't see her), went to the subway train and fell asleep in there too. Well, the way I see, since the Walterworld is at extreme flux, the victims can sometimes alter it's reality to a certain degree. While Henry was awake in the 302, Cyntia called him (We do the craziest things in our dreams, right?), and her dream-call manifested into the 302.

The 302, by the way, I belive, is a intersection between reality and the dream(like)-world. It is both real an directly influenced by the Walterworld. However, since Henry is "separated from the flesh", he can't leave the Otherworld. That's why when he uses the Keys of Liberation, in the real world the locks just fly away (as we see in the cutscene, we never see Henry opening the door at all). The fact that the walls near 302 seems more "normal" than the rest of the building seems to support my theory. Besides, people sleepwalking and killing themselves is just stupid.

Another thing I always found stupid was the theory about Walter splitting himself in two while he was alive. The game does not even give it a hint. It's so simple: Walter kills himself, Ghost-Walter collects his body near Wish-House (However, seems like he took his nightmare-world body, not the real one), and performed the Holy Assumption with it. Then Lil'Walter, the innocent and cute part of his soul, and Big'o'Walter, the murderous and mad part of his soul where created along with the Walterwolrd. It's his mid's way of dealing with he's mental dissonance: Do bad things to reunite with your mother, or just be with the apartment and keep your hands clean?
[EDIT] Man, that was more than I intended. Wow.
"Good people should love their enemies" - Seu Madruga
Locust163
Just Passing Through

Post by Locust163 »

I love any threads having to do with Eileen :D