Phone In Apartment World

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

XxMAGGOTxX
Gravedigger

Phone In Apartment World

Post by XxMAGGOTxX »

In one of your visits to the apartment world I think it's the second visit, you can pick up the phone and then you hear a phone somewhere in the building ringing. It took me forever to find where the ringing was coming from but when I finally did all Henry does is hang up the phone. Is there really a point to this?
[img]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/zzz_zzz_zzz_zzz/PH_Sig.gif[/img]
FBA 6100
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by FBA 6100 »

I'm not sure, as I have a burning hate for Silent Hill 4 and have only played through it once, but I think that it leads you to a memo or an item.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/sven14/Sigs/26ac0108.gif[/img]
Burning Man
Historical Society Historian

Post by Burning Man »

It's just a gameplay mechanism. If I remember correctly, making the phone call will cause Victim-13 to not appear in that level.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

I hated that phone.It just kept ringing and ringing and ringing and ringing and ringing and ringing!I was so annoyed.I kept trying to understand the signicance,but I was just annoyed and my head hurt.
put_here_2_feel_joy
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by put_here_2_feel_joy »

That phone is the worst! You keep looking for that damn thing and you hear it ring everywhere! Didn't it end up being in Nurse Rachel's room?

You know? It would really suck to live in that apartment building. Walter and the demonic manifestations might tick me off a little, but the thin walls would be the last straw...
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/Dredge_/sunsetcopy.jpg[/img]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It's a call from Rachel's room to her artist-boyfriend's room. It's to inform you that who you thought she was dating--Mike, up in room 303--was incorrect.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
XxMAGGOTxX
Gravedigger

Post by XxMAGGOTxX »

oh, but does it really make victim 13 not appear?
[img]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/zzz_zzz_zzz_zzz/PH_Sig.gif[/img]
Æ
Location: Plus Forty Seven Degrees 56' 37" Minus Sixteen Degrees 51' 08"

Post by Æ »

It makes a victim to appear in the same floor. Don´t remember which one.
[img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/705/cpiadebarrierdetail1oq0.jpg[/img]
boblecon1096
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by boblecon1096 »

making the phone ring triggers the appearance of victim 4
Sinweaver
Just Passing Through

Post by Sinweaver »

I liked Silent Hill 4. I thought it was better then 3. I don't really see why everybody liked 3 so much. So, it sort of tied in with the first. I guess. Not really. But, the main character was lame (no offense to the Heather lovers out there, I don't mean to offend all six of you). The story, if you can call it that was so-so at best. Only like, 40% of the game was actually in Silent Hill. And it was too easy. When I'm done with the game, I want to remember every scene from what I just played. I can only remember a few parts of three. I rememeber all the scenes of two.

Anyway, Silent Hill 4 was better then 3 in my eye, simply because i'm gonna go to jack in the box.
MetallicaManiac
Just Passing Through

Post by MetallicaManiac »

You make the call in the nurse's room and you find the ringing phone in her lover's room, the artist. You don't find much in the room except for paintings of all your neighbors. The descriptions of the neighbors give you some pretty interesting information though.
"How come when it's us, it's an abortion......and when it's a chicken, it's an omlette?" - George Carlin
NightFlutter
Hope House Careworker

Post by NightFlutter »

KnightWolfe wrote:I liked Silent Hill 4. I thought it was better then 3. I don't really see why everybody liked 3 so much. So, it sort of tied in with the first. I guess. Not really. But, the main character was lame (no offense to the Heather lovers out there, I don't mean to offend all six of you). The story, if you can call it that was so-so at best. Only like, 40% of the game was actually in Silent Hill. And it was too easy. When I'm done with the game, I want to remember every scene from what I just played. I can only remember a few parts of three. I rememeber all the scenes of two.

Anyway, Silent Hill 4 was better then 3 in my eye, simply because i'm gonna go to jack in the box.
Only like 40% if not less of SH4 took place in Silent Hill too. But I'm not knocking it cuz I did like SH4 a lot too.
[url=http://www.myspace.com/unknown_monkeyman][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/ForgotAboutDre/My%20Creations/Sigs/SigPro.jpg[/img][/url]
[i]“Standing above the crowd...he had a voice that was strong and loud."[/i]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

yes, there is a point to that...its to scare you...Rachel had a phone book, you press the numbers and BOOM victim 4 appears! but once you find where the ringing is, you turn it off ((since your the one who basically called someone who no longer is there)) and you're safe in that room! plus the paintings are nice to look at and they give you clues to here and there :)
Last Hope
Just Passing Through

Post by Last Hope »

The orange devil wrote:I'm not sure, as I have a burning hate for Silent Hill 4 and have only played through it once, but I think that it leads you to a memo or an item.

May i ask,why u hate it??
Is it because sh4 is more,physical attacking other then just shooting?
"A good scare is worth more to a man than good advice."
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Please let's not get into that discussion. Anyone who still can't get over the fact that the game was that different needs to build a bridge and GTFOI. We've tried to have discussions like this before--with a Venting Arena--and it failed miserably. So, please. No more.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.