Difference between endings in SH4

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Difference between endings in SH4

Post by Anonymous »

What's difference? I've seen all four endings, and can't really figure out the difference between "Mother" and "Escape"
Does anyone know difference?? Could you please explain to me?
metraton
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by metraton »

well one difference. is the requirements. and that the hauntings will continue in the "mother" and nothing in the escape one
a good friend of mine: Im going to give you immense torture. it involves black leather and whips. *I but in* THe black angus burger!!
Burning Man
Historical Society Historian

Post by Burning Man »

The "Mother" ending will show a possessed version of Henry's room with the camera zoomed in on his diary at the end. Also, the dialog between Henry and Eileen is slightly different in that in the "Mother" ending, they decide to go back, where as in the "Escape" ending, they are going to find someplace else to live.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

In one Eileen ending,she goes back to the apartment and one she says,"I guess I will have to find a new place to live."
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

well I know both ending- Escape ending ends w/ Eileen saying "We will have to find new place to live." and Mother ending ends w/ Eileen deciding to go back.
But what would be different? The meaning? Why would Eileen wants to go back to their spoiled, crappy apartment? Is there any significant meaning involved in it??
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Escape = a very good, very posi ending.
Mother = Eileen gets used as part of the ritual. Henry does not. Eileen is the Mother Reborn. It says so in the game, in a note that you save and can go back to and read whenever you so desire.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.